Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe
These threads often get oversaturated in posts and I am seriously late to the game.

I think I am a recurring background character that doesn't quite make it into the main roster yet still shows up doing things in the background of multiple episodes.

It's unclear whether I am an Easter egg or just the animators being lazy. I may or may not be a reference to something from the original comics because the design doesn't match at all to what's being "referenced."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Name: "Barking Gecko"
Team: Dakka Smith Orkgirls
Role: Mentor

"Barking Gecko" is the name of the Dakka Smith Orkgirl's mentor -- rogue and bandit. Originally she was an orkish Dame, but she left "proper" ork society for coming out as a lesbian. She wears a mask because her tusks have been filed down as was expected of ork women at the time, but she views it as a personal shame these days. Her name comes from her habit of ambushing from unexpected angles, sometimes from the sides of sheer cliffs or from the walls (that's the gecko part, with the gun being the barking part).

While the ork girls are more punks, their mentor prefers men's clothing instead. She's helped them learn how to shoot, to respect and maintain their weapons, and various guerilla tactics which the Dakka Girls use in their fight for justice. It should be noted that in the original comics the Dakka Girls are initially just rivals to the Renegade Skulls which turns to general crime fighting, while in the animated series Barking Gecko's trains the girls to be rangers who get jobs in a manner similar to the A-Team. In both cases the Dakka girls are former students of Barking Gecko when she taught them high-school as Mrs. Gatolt and who sought her out when they decided they too did not want to try to fit into the strict definition of being a woman in orkish society.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

A Terrible Person posted:

These threads often get oversaturated in posts and I am seriously late to the game.

I think I am a recurring background character that doesn't quite make it into the main roster yet still shows up doing things in the background of multiple episodes.

It's unclear whether I am an Easter egg or just the animators being lazy. I may or may not be a reference to something from the original comics because the design doesn't match at all to what's being "referenced."

Don't worry I'll get you to eventually. I've managed to do get everyone in every thread so far. It's just been a strange week mentally for me.

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe

Genesplicer posted:

Hey! Can I be one of those guys who is sort of enigmatic, lurks in the background, but has a distinctive aura that everyone agrees is vaguely threatening?

Oh come the gently caress on!

That's what I get from not reading the entire thread before posting, though.

And Genesplicer being incredible, always.

*Edit* not that I compare to Genesplicer in anyway when it comes to content.

Maybe I am going for "great minds think alike," but he's just far far better and the comparison would be mildly insulting?

Smik posted:

Don't worry I'll get you to eventually. I've managed to do get everyone in every thread so far. It's just been a strange week mentally for me.

It's all good. Take care of yourself. And don't worry about me if the load is too great.

A Terrible Person fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Aug 4, 2023

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

Smik posted:

The rolls are not Milfing anything tonight.

Name: Hammer Flavr
Team: Renegade Skulls
Role: Minor reoccurring villain

Hammer Flavr is part of the original Renegade Skulls and is a wanted criminal in the same realm that the Legions are from. As such, he has the remarkable ability to come back from the dead no matter what happens to his body -- he will eventually return with a fresh shell. Probably for the best; Flavr isn't the brightest penny in the pile and while he's quite quick, dropping out from nowhere for a hamma-slamma -- he doesn't think about an exit strategy afterwards and he can't fly nearly as quickly while dragging it around. Worse for him is that he usually winds up trying to fight the Mystic Slime Girls who are pretty resilient to such physical attacks.

In the video games there's a small army of Flavrs instead as they can die en masse and have it not hamper relations between the Heroes and the Skulls.

In the Freida Hubbahex spinoff "Witchcats", Hammer Flavr shows up as one their minor allies who mostly horns in on an older Freida.

This guy is rad.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Smik posted:

Going by the user name the first thing I thought was "We finally have one of the main characters for the Dakka Smith Orkgirls!"

Name: Connie Boom
Team: Dakka Smith Orkgirls
Role: Main Character

"Clumsy" Connie Boom is one of the main four of the Dakka Smith Orkgirls. She acts as the team's heavy weapons expert as well as sniper -- not because she's bad at close quarters, but because she seems to be cursed to fumble or trip over her own feet at the most inopportune moments and if she's a distance from her opponents it's not such a big deal. Don't think for a moment that she's harmless -- she hits like a truck even without the heavy weapons she wields, and she knows what she's doing in a fight. Her opponents are taking their chances -- she'll trip at some point, but sometimes it's not until after she beaten you into the ground and is walking off smugly.

She is feared dead halfway through Season 4 when while trying to escape a bomb set by the Red Legion she trips and goes flying, only to show up a few episodes later having managed to literally stumble into a cavern containing some ancient elder weapons. After recovering the weapons and blowing the hell out of the Legion (ironically why bombed the location in the first place) she returns to the team with elder tech.

Connie suspects she isn't actually that clumsy and that her bloodline was cursed for doing... something? Regardless, she's fully aware of her fumble tendencies despite being an excellent shot and good fighter. Perhaps that's why she stays humble and good natured -- lashing out never pays off.

fuckin sweet

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
first time as a main char, immediate :five:

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Dakka Smith Ork Girls fuckin rule that is all

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017

Smik posted:

I've just had a real bout of imposter syndrome today I guess.

We love you and your work regardless of you potentially being an imposter.

:glomp:

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

Imposters can't even jump, and you fly

Barking Gecko
Apr 10, 2016

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."

PinheadSlim posted:

Dakka Smith Ork Girls fuckin rule that is all

You can never have too much Dakka.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Bear Enthusiast posted:

Put me in, coach!

Name: Flying Bear
Team: Power Pixies

The sole male member of the Power Pixies that could be arguably described as "a smarter gay Johnny Bravo", Bear is a pixie cyborg who spends entirely too much time on the internet posting artwork of questionable taste to forums and image boards of questionable taste. Bear isn't so much stupid as he has extremely poor social skills when it comes to men -- he gets along fine with the Power Pixies. Armed with a cybernetic multi-configurable meta-buster in one arm (and various tricks elsewhere) Bear provides the pixies with tech support for the alien (to them) Royal Order, Skull and Legion networks.

Known as "Flying Bomb" in the Spectrum due to a long histories of disastrous dates and not just because he doesn't seem to have a perspective when it comes to the size difference. Tends to have a preference for large, hairy men, but everyone is a large hairy man compared to him.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

OB-GYN Kenobi posted:

We love you and your work regardless of you potentially being an imposter.

:glomp:

Xlorp posted:

Imposters can't even jump, and you fly

Thank you, it's much appreciated. So I have been working on putting up some pages on my site, and while they're nowhere near complete I thought people might want to peek at them anyway to see my seed generator (https://smik.ca/index.php/the-violent-hero-monster-team-seed-generator/) and maybe learn a little more about the Dakka Orkgirls https://smik.ca/index.php/the-dakka-orkgirl-heroes/. If there's anything someone might be interested in they can always drop it here and I'll put it out earlier.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Deki posted:

Make me a villain that's some kind of bumbling golem thing

e: heck, it doesn't need to be a villain, just a real big doofus guy

OK so fixing certain attributes and we get...

Name: Deki Deki Snack Bot
Team: None
Role: Background characters who occasionally have important parts in stories.

The Deki Deki Snack Bots are only present in the original comics and video game adaption of the Violent Hero Monster Team worlds. They were removed from the original animated series due to the appointed snack time being 4:20 and advertiser concerns over the promotion of marijuana. Just about everyone makes use of Deki Deki bots. They originally gained notoriety when a Deki Deki snack bot blocked a shot aimed at a Royal Order during a skirmish and they seem to be drawn towards firefights. Being tough enough to shrug off toaster shots (as an anti-theft mechanism) often times they find themselves used as cover -- something they seem to be aware of and will only stay standing in front of someone as long as they buy something every five minutes.

In the comics, occasionally ceasefires get called when the Dekis show up. After a Deki Deki was hacked in order to use it to deliver an important item in an episode, in later episodes Deki Deki bots boasted about their new courier services... and started to include ammo on their menu (skirting a law by not selling actual weapons). The company that produces Deki Deki bots is mysterious and eccentric, seeming to be completely neutral in regards to the inner-city conflicts but absolutely being an asset in the battles against the Legions: A squad of Deki Deki bots come to the rescue in a fight against the Legion, with one Deki Deki acting as a remote bomb (and the only time they didn't wait until 4:20)

In the games, Deki Deki bots act as team-neutral resupply points, allowing the player to restock supplies and health in exchange for cash. There's even puzzles involving calls a Deki Deki and use it as cover, and in one game Flying Bear hijacks a Deki Deki to use as a personal tank.... and then in later levels and games tank-Dekis can be rented.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I need one of these snack bots :3:

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Captain Hygiene posted:

I need one of these snack bots :3:

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Yeah I thought about those robots as I sketched as well as Flip Top from Megaman. I just liked the idea of these goofy looking robots popping up from time to time and being used for other purposes which would then be added as features later. Probably the least realistic aspect is the Deki company being as reasonable as it is.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

greatBigJerk posted:

Go for it. Ruin me.

OK.

Name: Bang Bang Bigguns
Team: Lulu's Angels Team Tentacle
Role: Main Character (Cool but Rude -- well more sassy)

Bang is a big boisterous girl that binges blasters like no one's business. Like the other Angels, she's a special agent seeking to stop the Legion's advance as well as keep the Royals from dumping their crap in the ocean -- in that order. (The Legion are a lot worse) This often puts them at odds with the Royal Order as they don't give a crap about the paperwork, Order's laws, or even who the perpetrators are -- if they're involved with the Legion they're going down regardless.

Bang's siren voice and big fun charisma has earned her a few suitors such as Han Strange of Team Youxia Monkeygirls, as well as capturing hearts when she takes to the stage at the Spectrum or at The Reef, a beach-side bar under the protection of Lulu's Agents. She's surprisingly quick for her size but has low stamina which she compensates with the fact that she can shoot a lot of guns at multiple targets all at once -- and hit.

She's usually the one assigned to make first contact with strangers and usually the very first thing she does is offer them a drink or a joint to cushion their system before she reveals what she really is. If someone's too straight edged to accept she will instead open with a showtune because even eldritch creatures from the deep are a lot less threatening while singing show tunes. If you're an eldritch creature, give it a try: sing something from "Fiddler on the Roof" and dancing while you reveal your true form to someone. You'll confuse the hell out of them but they're a lot less likely to flee in horror.

(Lulu? Giant undersea boss who likes to watch the surface world as if it were reality TV. Long-time beef against the Legions, general indifference to everyone on the surface except if they're a 'great character'. Exports adult entertainment of fairly specific tastes, but that's only mentioned in the comics)

Smik fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Sep 4, 2023

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

MEIN RAVEN posted:

I'm ready to give Mein Leben for the cause

Name: Boss Raven
Team: Iga Goblin Girl Heroes, Renegade Skulls
Role: Mentor

Boss Raven is the one who trained the Iga Goblin Girl Heroes in the various shadow arts. She is quick, quiet and has almost a sixth sense when it comes to situations as well as a great deal of dark and often forbidden knowledge. She can pilfer the memories of the recently deceased as they pass on. . She frequently partakes in a mysterious substance that she ingests via long pipe, but refuses to let the girls learn what it is, what it does, or try it themselves.

Raven is almost always quiet, calm and collected but when deep in the frenzy of battle she can suddenly snap to a manic, ruthless persona.

Employed from the shadows of the Royal Order to investigate the threat of the Legion as well as to root out the corruption within, in Season Four Boss Raven decides that the Order is too far gone to save and changes sides to the Renegade Skulls leaving the Iga Goblin Girls to decide their own fate.

I totally borrowed some Yakuza 0 flavoured Majima for this one.

Kyanite Grimoire
Mar 15, 2017
Can I be a swarm of things?

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Fabulousity posted:

Sure why not?

Name: Sibbi "Sybil" Falu
Team: Lulu's Angels Team Tentacle
Role: Main Character (does machines)

Sibbi (short for Sibbliggiblbli) "Sybil" Falu is one of Lulu's Angels and part of Team Tentacle. (See "Bang" for more information about Team Tentacle https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?goto=post&postid=533707559). Standing... well OK perhaps 'stand' is the wrong word. Let's say that typically the top of her head -- snakes not included -- is about 200 cm (around 6ft 6") off the ground but she's got another 90 cm (3 ft) worth of serpentine lower half trailing behind her. That said, like the others of Team Tentacle she can squeeze through much smaller spaces and even reduce her mass by expelling water.

Usually the first thing Sibbi says upon meeting someone for the first time is that she is not evil and completely sane, as she is aware of Lovecraftian lore. Unfortunately she has yet to figure out that the very first thing someone assumes about anyone who says they're not evil and sane is they are either lying or completely nuts. She knows she's a little scary looking (or at least imposing, she's rather large), she knows when people are scared of her, she's just got zero idea of how to alleviate those fears because if someone told her they weren't evil and completely sane she'd assume they were telling the truth.

She wears a heart locket thinking this might help offset things.

That said, people legitimately have a reason to be at least a little nervous around her -- she's Team Tentacle's powerhouse as she's got a built in eldertech "Black Mirror" which helps supply the team with materials from Lulu HQ in the deeps. In Season Four she figures out the Legion's tech and begins to use it against them to devastating effect.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Rarrgh and grrr!

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

Smik posted:

They originally gained notoriety when a Deki Deki snack bot blocked a shot aimed at a Royal Order during a skirmish and they seem to be drawn towards firefights.

Deki Deki Snack Bot saved my hide.

Sunset Funset
Aug 14, 2018
This seems fun. Maybe mine could be a good guy, like a cute jellyfish or something. Hella marketable to the kids.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

I want to be a cute violent monster hero please

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Sunset Funset posted:

This seems fun. Maybe mine could be a good guy, like a cute jellyfish or something. Hella marketable to the kids.

episodes featuring this character were unable to be aired in australia

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!
Maybe you should see a doctor about this.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Smik posted:

OK so fixing certain attributes and we get...

Name: Deki Deki Snack Bot
Team: None
Role: Background characters who occasionally have important parts in stories.

Oh HELL yeah!

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone

Smik posted:

Name: Flying Bear
Team: Power Pixies

The sole male member of the Power Pixies that could be arguably described as "a smarter gay Johnny Bravo"...

Y'know way back when I first started using this handle someone pointed out that it might give the wrong idea (so maybe don't use it on dating sites), and this is the first time it's come up.

All that aside I am very enthused about Flying Bear!

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Rags to Liches posted:

Put me in as the local undead owner of the mystical and occult pawn shop that has everything a Violent Hero Monster needs!

Failing that, whatever is best for worldbuilding and also funny.

You rolled a boss and the rolls even agreed with coming back from the dead!

Name: Skellating Jelly
Team: Mystic Hero Slime Girls
Role: Mentor, possible creator

Skellating Jelly is the mentor and perhaps even the creator of the Mystic Hero Slime Girls, having a connection with both death and life. Regardless of whether or not the girls spawned from her, she's helped shape them and taught them the cause of justice.

Like literally, she shaped them. As in she altered their physical shapes from blobs to being able to take on unique humanoid personas, using her ability read people and artistic ability to render their strength through form.

Skella's knowledge of the land and the darkness that lies within it makes her a potent teacher but her temperament makes life difficult for her students for whom she has high expectations for. That said, despite her frightening appearance and rough nature she is still a benign force in the world.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

:yikes:

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

I am Skellating Jelly? No! Rags to Liches am Skellating Jelly!

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

u sp33k l33t br0 posted:

Communist Bear-girl please.

Name: Keetie Koala
Team: Mystic Hero Slimegirls
Role: Minor Supporting Character, Season 2 Major Supporting Character

Introduced as a minor supporting character to offset Skellating Jelly's sometimes acerbic nature, Keetie proved popular enough with audiences and writers for her to turn major supporting character some Season 2. The Tomb of Mad Revelation -- a potent source of forgotten, forbidden and outright dangerous knowledge -- is entrusted to Keetie because she's too dim and odd for it to have much impact on her psyche. She's also the owner of one of Jelly's Black Mirrors, used to focus eldritch energies which again, you shouldn't mess with unless you either really know what you're doing or really don't know what anyone's doing.

The Tomb -- yes the book with the happy face because it wants to be read -- tried to alter Keetie to be more synchronized with its poisonous influence. The result? Keetie now has a specialized diet of eldritch energy. While the book can't be destroyed, it also can't stop her from tearing out its pages and eating them. In self defence the Tomb has given her immortality and locked her in a state that prevents her from reaching sexual maturity because the last thing it wants is for her to make more eldritch-eating koala babies.

Keetie acts as a buffer between the unpleasant wisdom of the Tomb and the minds of the more mundane population as she can look up information and then paraphrases it into the simplest terms possible. This used to anger the Tomb but its rage apparently smells delicious and only makes Keetie eat more of its pages. In later seasons the Tomb just seems to be reflecting more on its existence and regretting its choices.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

I thought this art was familiar, the monsters thread owned. good work.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Harold Fjord posted:

Hello I would like to play more forums games. I trust your judgment regarding literally everything else about this

Name: Harriet Yor
Team: Iga Goblin Girls
Role: Main Character (does the spooky scene)

Harriet is perhaps Boss Raven's both least lucky and most fortunate of students: she was killed in a fluke training exercise but came back to life while Raven was poking around in her memories while she was dead. Now it should be noted that coming back from the dead isn't entirely unusual for the people of the Wilds and the Legions do it all the time -- what was unusual is that nobody seemed to be actively trying to resurrect her. Raven has some vague idea that whatever happened is at least partially to do with something she did -- and thus Harriet's current state is her responsibility.

Whatever happened, the goblins are pretty sure that there's something unusual about Harriet's parentage -- but whatever it is remains a secret because she refuses to speak about it. That said, whatever is in her family's history doesn't seem to have affected her disposition any -- she's optimistic and cheerful and drawn towards the scary and spooky without fear. Perhaps it's because coming back from the dead is an innate ability, but Harriet doesn't carry herself as if she were immortal and certainly doesn't treat the threat of death lightly.

Harriet is the least disciplined of the Iga Goblins, both because Boss Raven treats her with kid gloves since her supposed death and because she came back with some curious abilities of her own -- some sort of emphatic sense and the ability to commune with the dead in a way similar to Boss Raven. Raven refuses to school her on these abilities however on the justification that the path would only lead to misery, which doesn't stop Harriet from exploring them on her own anyway. She spends a lot of time in graveyards and places of tragedy.

Harriet is usually the first to appear at a scene of interest and the last to jump into the fight, preferring to use diplomacy or compromise instead of violence but when she is forced to fight she's quite capable of holding her own and can take down larger, armoured foes with a single strike (it helps her rapier seems to ignore conventional armour and twists so it never hits the spot she thrusts at). Her lack of conventional training still puts in difficult situations her team mates would have avoided.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Can i be an Umberhulk? We need more Umberhulks out there in the world

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
Make me an outwardly silent, dark, brooding character that everyone thinks is a badass, who's inwardly a pushover utterly tongue-tied by social anxiety.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

a gay lion named Tangiers posted:

this, also i feel like my username is a perfect fit for the world you're imagining

Quite.

Name: Tangiers
Team: Wild Hero Catgirls
Role: Major/Main Character (Casey Jones equivalent)

Tangiers is a barbarian warrior who formerly worked with the Renegade Skulls in Season One before he was defeated by Master Grey, who tore out his nipple piercings and ear-ring. Humiliated but respectful, he revealed his main reason for working with the Skulls was a dire need for medicine only produced in the city -- being an outsider if he waited to go through legitimate channels he'd be dead. Securing the medicine for him, Tangiers owes her a life debt and works as the fifth member of the Wild Hero Catgirls.

Tangiers is cynical and self-loathing: life has taught him only the strong survive and yet despite having a lethal disease he lives. His family never accepted him being gay, so he believed his life was to be lived in exile. The fact that the Skulls accepted him was nice but he viewed it merely as a business relationship.

He initially believes that Master Grey's mercy was strictly to take advantage of the life debt; it's easier for him than to think he was shown mercy because some people are actually decent. Eventually he realizes that the Wild Hero Catgirls really are how they seem and that life isn't as unforgiving as he thought. A visit to the Spectrum where he can be openly gay and accepted also makes a considerable difference.

In the meantime, he still hopes to find a cure for his condition (it's somewhat similar to Leukemia) and even gets involved with doing some fundraising for it and is slowly starting to see the Catgirls as family instead of people he owes his life to.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I might be a dumb dumb but I don't think you ever got me Smik? If I missed it all good, otherwise can I request one that is not actually a bear? My avatar keeps making people think I'm a bear and I am very not lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

You also seem to have missed me. (Which is perfectly understandable, and I also think I phrased my request badly.)

When you have time, I'd like to be someone/thing aristocratic. And with a moustache if rolls allow.

Thank you for your time. All of these are lovely.