Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

I am ready for some football

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

I might just say I'm in the best football viewing shape of my life

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Kalli posted:

He remembers when he had Marshall Faulk paired with Peyton Manning as a rookie and it went terribly, obviously it was the smart thing to get rid of Marshall Faulk. <Turns and stares directly at the camera>

does he remember it, though?

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

kiimo posted:

So wait Taylor has a hurt back now or is that just a convenient excuse

he failed the camp physical and is on PUP

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

kiimo posted:

https://twitter.com/Chiefs/status/1557071448136712198

this is from last year but I think the left handed spiral is more impressive than the behind the back poo poo

he's an alien

after the first throw, I was like, 'oh, he came up a tiny bit short'

after the second throw, I was like, 'oh my god he was trying to hit the crossbar on both'

i guess there are edits so maybe it wasn't 2/2 but still

:stare:

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Android Apocalypse posted:

Flavortown has a new resident.

Mahomes will get an honorary ketchup street.

Ah you think Flavortown is Mahomes’ neighborhood? He merely adopted the barbecue. Andy was born in it, molded by it. He didn't see the fish protein until he was already a man, by then it was nothing to him but garnish!

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

With Tanny and Henry getting older, the Titans were absolutely a win now team and trading Brown (along with the OL collapsing) immediately slammed their window shut

Just a pure nonsense trade. Thx Jon

the titans might be the worst team in the league this year. it's on the table

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

other than this thread, what's everyone's favorite way to get a no-bullshit news roundup on the last 24 hours of the NFL? preferably something that's phone friendly and not infested with ads everywhere. text based.

so no autoplay videos, no "opinion" pieces, no previews of upcoming things, etc. just like -- actual news and important happenings of the last day?

every site or app is so optimized for ads or engagement these days that I can't find a goddamn vanilla news site anymore

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Incitatus posted:

a newspaper?

that's pretty funny. I'd like to do it on my computer, so let's look at the biggest newspaper in the USA (NYTimes) and its dedicated sports site previously mentioned (The Athletic). I've circled actual current NFL news -- as opposed to opinion, analysis, stuff irrelevant to the season, etc. -- in red when you load up each site and look at it:

absolute shitshow

pmchem fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Aug 19, 2023

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

gotta love preseason headlines where the world becomes aflame based on one stephen a. smith rant citing anonymous sources

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Silly Burrito posted:

Never forget

:perfect:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

camp is over, preseason is over, it's less than 1 week to reg season kickoff

I need a week 1 n/v thread!!