Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Don Coryell was long, long, long overdue for the HoF.

gently caress the Cowboys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Freaquency posted:

That’s right I’m in the best posting shape of my life, bookmark this thread for more incredible posts

*Three days later*

BREAKING NEWS: Poster Frequency day-to-day with sprained posting fingers.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

a neat cape posted:

I'm going to gently caress you up

I got your back :haibrow:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Diva Cupcake posted:

These are awesome and should be their permanent uniforms as soon as they're contractually allowed. Glad they didn't do New York Titans throwbacks again.

I’m amazed that with the new helmet rule they didn’t do Super Bowl III throwbacks, but those are some sweet 80s uniforms and I love them.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Kalli posted:

Probation incoming

I’m not sure which was the funnier probe: Petey Faggins or Elisha Manning

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Giants winning the NFC East and the Super Bowl babby

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

You can’t take snaps away from Taysom Hill, you will regret this!

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Players don’t go in to the HoF representing a single team, it’s their entire career. Every team is listed on their plaque and it’s not like they have a hat with a logo like MLB.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

a neat cape posted:

Where were all you "make exceptions for RBs" people when Fullbacks went extinct huh

Fullbacks own and should come back in all their forms.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Docjowles posted:

fartknocker gives a presentation on some pre 1980 topic every day in the window where we’re drunk enough to heckle but sober enough to learn something.

Day 1 presentations are titled “gently caress the Cowboys, Vol II: 1970-1979” and “Bill Belichick’s Favorite QB: Bert Jones & Mid-70s Baltimore Colts.”

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

In 2009, during the AFL’s 50th anniversary games, the Titans played the Jets. The Titans wore Oiler throwbacks, the Jets had their New York Titans uniforms, so it was Oilers vs Titans.

I can’t find it on YouTube, but there was a great clip of linebacker Keith Bullock mic’d up pregame where he was trying to figure out which Titans people should root for.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

No Butt Stuff posted:

Not true. If it’s Jason LaCanfora, I know I can ignore it.

And I will always trust Wesley Steinberg and Adarn Scheftor

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

lol

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

No Butt Stuff posted:

I could gain 50 pounds in two months. I’m sure he can too.

AV/post combo

sharknado slashfic posted:

The Ravens throwbacks are just their jerseys

Nah, their initial jerseys were kinda sucky, they made some tweaks to them over their first 3-4 years

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Belichick isn’t retiring until he passes Shula.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Docjowles posted:

Episode 1 runs from the founding of the team through their first Super Bowl appearance

That said, they did not mention Marshall’s wrong way run in the episode.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

SKULL.GIF posted:

Who was that RB that was taking swigs of Grey Goose during practice? Clarett?

BeefMoe admitted part of his pregame ritual was a few shots of Hennessy.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
RIP Jared Lorenzen, aka the Battleship Lorenzen, the Pillsbury Throwboy, the Hefty Lefty, He Ate Me, the Round Mound of Touchdown, BBQB, J-Load, and most importantly, Super Bowl XLII Champion

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Needs a bit more velocity on that to match Sonny

https://twitter.com/Frekiwolf/status/961976947449434112

https://twitter.com/Eagles/status/1098592608526483458

That said, yes, I want to see Mahomes do it for a touchdown, since the other team is either going to laugh and go "Yeah, we got got" or melt the gently caress down and either way it'll be hilarious

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Silly Burrito posted:

The other reality?

Didn’t this guy get killed in Band of Brothers?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

mcmagic posted:

I feel like the vikings should retire 28? no?

They need to retire 84 first.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

The Vikings only retired 6 numbers, and the most recently of those was 80 for Cris Carter in 2003.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Incitatus posted:

now do fitzpatrick

People like Fitzpatrick and he could probably have kept playing if he’d wanted to

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
There’s more pics from it

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1688253370937528320?s=20

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

rjmccall posted:

The point when you start talking about “outliers” that are multiple years long within a like six-year career is the point at which you need to admit you’re just pushing a narrative contra the facts.

Wentz had a really good year, but the injury set him back, and meanwhile he reinforced some of his worst habits.

There was also a season in there, I believe 2019 that was covered by the All or Nothing documentary, where their skill position group was so banged up they seriously had Josh McCown on the sidelines ready to go in as a wide receiver if needed cause he’d done it in Detroit once or twice like a decade earlier.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Teddy’s injury was in training camp, so while it was horrible, it wasn’t live on TV. Smith’s was on TV/RedZone, so everyone saw it, and had the horrible irony of happening in Washington 33 years to the day of the Joe Thiesmann injury, and Joe was at the game. And that’s all before Smith’s leg got infected.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Soul Glo posted:

colin cowherd loving sucks rear end

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Febreeze posted:

At this point it's hard to see the main reason why Bieniemy hasn't gotten a chance as anything but racism. Every reason used against him hasn't held back other coaches from getting hired. How do the Eagles get both coordinators poached after losing a super bowl but a guy who has helped the Chiefs reach 3, win 2, and reach two more championship games under a coach that has produced multiple other head coaches not had anyone offer him a gig yet? Is he going into interviews and just beating up the owners?

It looks even worse when you look at Doug Pederson and Matt Nagy's resumes when they got hired as head coaches compared to Bieniemy's. Pederson had been the Chiefs OC for Andy Reid's first 3 seasons, where the team was good but not great and mainly had Alex Smith checking down all the time. Nagy was the OC for just a single season, 2017, where Alex Smith had a better year throwing to Tyreek Hill and Mahomes was sitting on the bench. They were OC for a combined 4 seasons, while Bieniemy was the OC for 5 seasons and still can't get a head coaching job and limited interviews, and that's even after Reid and Mahomes and other players have publicly endorsed him basically anytime the subject comes up (Hell, I remember Adrian Peterson speaking highly of him as a coach way back when he was the RB coach in Minnesota, which was the first time he got a little bit of attention in the coaching ranks). And all of that is before you get to guys from other teams who got head coaching jobs with far, far lesser resumes.

Yeah, he's been working for an all-time great coach, and he's had a QB that's already on the short list of greatest to ever play, which some people use to try and minimize Bieniemy's success and impact, but that's a lovely argument as both that coach and QB (And others in the franchise) have said Bieniemy's been a big part of what they've done the last 5~ years.

So yeah, racism has to be a major part of it up to this point.

I can almost guarantee if Washington's offense is any good this year, he'll get some very public interview requests next year. If they suck out loud, I also suspect he'll get way too much blame even though they've been bad for years, and there will be some talking head rear end in a top hat like Coherd who uses that as a "See! I told you he wasn't good!" gotcha moment.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Yeah, this came out on Steam a few years ago and has really good reviews there, it just released on consoles today. IIRC, one of the main guys behind it was also involved in a bunch of the mods for stuff like 2K5 with modern rosters or adding franchise mode to All-Pro Football 2K8 and assorted other stuff, so there's definitely some actual football fan care behind it compared to... well, everything Madden has done in the last 15+ years.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
I’m playing around with it on Xbox, it has plays like 65 Toss Power Trap and Red Right 88, and a hilariously yelled “Omaha!” for some audibles. It’s fun, although the “disguise” play thing is glitched at the moment.

EDIT: rofl the first play I ran in a game resulted in a concussion 10/10 most realistic football game since 2K5

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
I may revive the old Video James thread, but for those of you curious about Legend Bowl, make sure you play around with the various default rosters it comes with. Aside from the default one, there’s like 7 others, including a thinly veiled version of the current NFL called “Proset 24”, another called “Old Skool Kool” that’s pretty clearly based on 1985 NFL rosters with some 1985 USFL inspired teams to get it up to 32.

I’m liking this a ton already.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
When RedZone isn’t on, they should just randomly replay old weeks of it. They’ve been doing it since 2009, so I’d be okay with turning it on to randomly see like Week 12 of 2011 or whatever for shits and giggles.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Show old games with no commentary.

:hmmno: I want to hear classic John Madden talk for several minutes about the family relationships of Gatorade buckets.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Mega64 posted:

Texans going with the Jets strategy of continuously drafting QBs high and then ruining them which results in them drafting more QBs to ruin.

Aka, the Cleveland Browns Stratagem

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Grittybeard posted:

Benne will get one going in October or so I'm sure unless there is an amazing disaster that happens before that.

I think he normally starts it when preseason ends, last years was up at the end of August

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Docjowles posted:

Guy may be mayor of Flavortown, but it’s merely a simple backwater in Andy’s Pan Galactic Flavor Empire

Andy is clearly the head coach of the Flavortown Flambés of the National Foodball League

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Hot Diggity! posted:

Being predictable is good so generally if you have the right of way taking it is preferable, but obviously can't speak to the specific situation. Don't see the point in chiding anyone for passing it off imo.

Anyhow football stuff:

https://twitter.com/mchappell51/status/1691479471549747201

I completely forgot about Scott Tolzien until now. Him putting Kendricks(?) in a spin cycle one season as GB's backup was hilarious.

https://twitter.com/salsports/status/1691475259080216576?s=46&t=S-F_b58fb63hIwjCJZmClw

Tolzien with the Colts was weird cause he only played 3 quarters of the opener that year. Luck was hurt and they’d traded for Jacoby Brissett like a week earlier and he didn’t know the full offense yet. Also, that was the first game for the Rams under McVay, so they came out and just lit up the Colts with a modern offense nobody was fully expecting for after years of Jeff Fisher. Also Chuck Pagano was a hilariously hyper conservative and predictable and it cost the Colts a lot that year.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

kiimo posted:

And then some 4th round nobody from Purdue with a mediocre arm and zero mobility that looks like a goon

comes in and immediately looks like he belongs in the NFL, something Trey Lance never has.

this is clearly the illegitimate child of Jake Plummer

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Mr. Nice! posted:

Dallas, of course, will be first and surprisingly the Commanders will be number 2. It's gonna be a rough year ahead for the g-men.

Don’t discount Danny Dimes dominating the league this year.

Also gently caress the Cowboys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

a neat cape posted:

I think Ryan Lindley is cool and good

Just not at NFL football