Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
why would you work out twice with eating at any point. I wonder if he's leaving protein shakes out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

that stinks

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

this is classic whataboutism

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I’m on a boat anyone remember that

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

mcmagic posted:

The RB market is just poo poo, I doubt Barkley would even make 10.1MM a year in free agency.

this doesn't make any sense at all

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I forget if I read this here or not, but i really like the solution of combining WR/RB/TE into one tag group the way they do with OL. interior line contracts have been steadily rising proportionately to tackles and it's because teams don't want to franchise a guard or center since it'd cost so much comparatively. so IOL all get to hit free agency if their teams don't want to lock them up. I think after a year or two it'd have the same effect on RB salaries

mcmagic posted:

Have you seen the RB contracts that have been given out this offseason? Miles Sanders got 4x25 and that is by far the largest deal.

Miles Sanders is the definition of "pretty good," you can't really compare him to a franchise RB like Saquon. I wouldn't even put him in the same tier as Ekeler tbh. I have problems with EPA as a stat, but even so, Sanders was the third highest EPA ball carrier on the Eagles. Saquon:Jones::Hurts:Sanders

if Saquon wasn't going to get 10.1 in FA then the Giants would have offered him 30/3 and avoided any problems, but they couldn't

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

tbf OBJ's contract was partly a negotiation tactic with Lamar

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

don't the Rams have some absurd number of rookies/second year FAs in for camp

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Shanahan's as bad at QB evaluation as he is good at designing an offense

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I sorta understand the urge to give the new guys a hard time but why is hazing always so gay

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Sorry bengals fans

gently caress I bet he was days or hours away from an extension. That sucks

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

🙏 Joe B 🙏

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

kiimo posted:

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1684659347245457408?s=42&t=vYGMjgtg31X780Jer9MHvA

also reminder that season tickets are still on sale!

edit: this thread movin fast

Thank gently caress

bows1 posted:

That’s not the end of the world but not great. He’s never had a full training camp

well at least that doesn't seem to have harmed his development

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

tbf I don't think this whale counts against the cap

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

That's really cool. I love Battleship Lorenzen and, hell, I even love Eli.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

sure but The Office and Extras are light years beyond anything Cordon ever did. though you could argue it was mostly Merchant in retrospect

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Do refs have their own training camp or is their training camp working at teams' training camps

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I’m rooting for Jordan Love because while I don't really care for the Packers it would be funny if the rest of the NFCN had to deal with another dozen years of top-5 quarterback play. also the NFC needs quarterbacks

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Dexo posted:

https://twitter.com/richplow/status/1691160016659558400

God people are posting clips from the movie now.

Jesus

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

a negative proposition can't be proved so how about you demonstrate your goddamn thesis

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

are joint practices just an excuse for a field trip or like when you got to watch Master And Commander in history class

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

MJeff posted:

If Diggs has lost faith in the Bills because he thinks they blew the best part of their window to win a Super Bowl, I uh. I dunno, I'm having a hard time poking holes in that argument.

if he thinks that about the 2023 Bills (and he may be right) I can't think of too many teams he'd be happy with right now. who's in a better position the next 2-3 seasons? Chiefs, Cowboys, 9ers maybe, Eagles, Bengals maybe, Ravens maybe?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Vikings pick is kind of cheating cause they were never really a "top team"

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

unless you look at the scoreboard. then they were a top team. anyway... what else is in the news

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

kiimo posted:

I mean, Brock Purdy had limited opportunities and took every advantage of them. He won the job by stepping up.

yeah that's what they mean by luck. Lance didn’t get those opportunities to shine in games; he got a monsoon and then like 20 minutes before he was injured. Purdy obviously wasn't hot poo poo in training camp or practice last season but he managed to execute the offense when given the chance; Lance didn’t really get one, his "limited opportunities" were even more limited

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Incitatus posted:

false. there was talk about how poised he was in practice, and how he had to practice with the starting defense etc... The commentators used this as filler during the game that Purdy played. The 49ers didn't even hype up anything Lance did to up his trade value, dumping him to 3rd string was a pretty big indicator of Lance not even being able to execute in practice.

EDIT
https://www.ninersnation.com/2022/8/31/23330294/49ers-brock-purdy-53
https://theathletic.com/3525914/2022/08/21/nate-sudfeld-brock-purdy-49ers-qb2/

quote:

At the very least, Purdy might complicate the 49ers’ decision-making process in advance of the 53-man roster cutdown

yeah they really called him hot poo poo. what high praise. you're right

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I thought PUP meant 6 weeks before coming off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

if I owned a football team I'd absolutely meddle with it on a level that would make Jones and Irsay look like Ozzie Newsome so I can't roast them too hard