Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!
I didn't watch the game so I have nothing to look at except stats and I see an extremely frightening one.

Jake Moody went 0-2 on FGs. If the 49ers lose games because of a kicker when we could have had Gould, that is horrible team building and a bigger concern then collecting QBs like Pokemon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

I mentioned this last year too, but I have 49ers season tickets so if anyone wants to go see a home game, just PM me here. I have some friends coming for the Seahawks game but I can still probably get some seats for that one.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

My worry with games like this is that we get a bunch of stupid awful injuries in a game we were always going to dominate because our over-eager excited players just hurl themselves into danger, that is the only way they know how to play. It's gonna loving suck losing one of our stars for the season midway through the third quarter of a blowout game, but that's the story of the 49ers.

And the problem with TNF, too. I think that the players haven't had enough rest since the last game and I bet that increases injury risk although I've not looked up statistics on that.

Yeah, the one thing I don't want to see are injuries. Especially with the air quality being bad I'm worried players will tire out more quickly and strain themselves. They also redid the sod after the Ed Sheeran concert so that's another potential issue.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Just got back from the 49ers game, it was pretty fun. Solid win but still some things to improve on. I heard on the radio that they blitzed on Purdy 86% of his dropbacks and while he did well, I feel Shanahan could have schemed up some plays to just get the ball out faster so he doesn't get pressured at all. All in all a solid all around performance by the whole team. Deebo and Greenlaw getting hurt are the main problems though.

Deebo definitely has rib problems, I saw him holding his side and even after the touchdown, he was holding his left side ribs. Hopefully it's not a break, just a bruise. Greenlaw looked like he hurt his calf, he was walking pretty gingerly but his joints looked ok still.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Given how short the season is and the fact that playoffs are one and done; I don't think it's reasonable to expect a Superbowl at all unless you have an outlier like Brady or Mahomes.

There's just too many pure random variables (mostly injury luck) that can completely change a season. It's not like having Trevon Diggs would have won the Cowboys the game yesterday but who knows, maybe he would have.

If a coach can consistently get to the playoffs, that's probably the best you can reasonably expect unless you have a Mahomes.

Edit: The easiest path to the playoffs is winning your division and by that metric, the Seahawks have been pretty successful winning 5 times between 2010-2023. That's more then any other team in the division.

OGS-Remix fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Sep 25, 2023

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Mustached Demon posted:

He looks like he could truck a linebacker or two.

I hear he's got chase down speed too. For blocking of course.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Papercut posted:

I think Hurts would have to be injured and out of the game for the Niners to go into that game favored. It's in Philly.

Yeah, Philly should absolutely be favored at home unless they are missing important players. It really sucks that the 49ers need to play in Philly as well because that head to head matchup could decide home field advantage for the playoffs if they have the same record. So this game is doubly important and it's in the middle of a very tough stretch of games.

Seattle is no joke and they will definitely be competing for a playoff spot in late November.

OGS-Remix fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Oct 10, 2023

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

In the official NFL 49ers vs Browns preview, the narrator says: in Cleveland fans are realizing happy endings are harder to come by without Watson under center.

:stare:

Whoever does these deserves a raise; I really liked the Brandon Perna shoutout a couple of weeks ago too.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

And that's why you pay Gould instead of drafting a rookie.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

3 game losing streak coming in hot for your San Francisco 49ers. :suicide:

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Both of Purdy's picks yesterday were Jimmy G style picks. He just threw the ball to a point where he was expecting the receiver to be and they weren't. He's normally better about keeping his eyes downfield and actually seeing the defense but he had some lapses. He also had some good plays where he did keep his head up so he just needs to keep working on it.

Edit: The upcoming Bengals game is going to be a real test because the 49ers can blame weather for the Browns game, but this game they got outplayed on all three parts. If they come out flat against the Bengals, it's going to get ugly quick.

Second Edit: Shanahan looked lost during the game, I hope he doesn't reduce the playbook because of a couple bad performances. If he loses trust in Purdy that's actually season ending.

OGS-Remix fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Oct 25, 2023

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

If Kyle Shanahan can make Sam Darnold look like an actual NFL QB, he should win Coach of the Year immediately after the game.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

I definitely expected this loss going in so it wasn't too big of a surprise. Purdy has played 16 regular season (+3 postseason) games so he's right in the middle of a sophomore slump. We'll see if he can adapt to the league adapting to him and continue to improve as a player.

Nov and Dec are going to be a big challenges for him and we'll see if he's actually got the stuff to play QB in the NFL at a high level. I can't blame the defense too much today, Burrow is good and turnovers are the offense's fault. Wilk's seat is definitely getting hotter though.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Coldforge posted:

and partially what happens to all teams that depend on a DC who thinks it's still 2003.

This is the big problem. Looking at the defenses, Wilks does a terrible job disguising coverages. Even his d line pressure schemes are super obvious. If a non professional person can read his coverages, pros are going to have a field day which is what happened in the past two games.

Edit: There was also an insightful conversation on KNBR this morning too, apparently Wilks sits in his booth and is not on the sidelines at all. So he doesn't get any feedback or input from his players which I feel is really bad. He should listen to his best in the league players at not just play chess upstairs.

OGS-Remix fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Oct 30, 2023

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

I really hope Hufanga's injury isn't season ending. That's pretty much the only remaining question coming out of the 49ers game.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

seiferguy posted:

https://twitter.com/_SEADerek_/status/1726392360475705675?t=n-MZogjRz7WWk6ebFRbhPQ&s=19

Puka collided with Diggs, trips on his own accord, is awarded a DPI when Witherspoon doesn't touch him. Game changing bullshit call.

A friend pointed out there is a jersey grab that probably looks more obvious from a different angle right before Puka collides with Diggs. It's not as egregious as it seems although I am biased.

Edit: Right between 0:04 and 0:05 you can see his hand at the small of the back and a jersey bounce back afterwards.

OGS-Remix fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Nov 20, 2023

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

After watching that Bills/Eagles game, I'm pretty sure Philly is by far and away the best team in the league. I don't know how they lost to the Jets but baring injury, I'm pretty sure Philly is going to win the Super Bowl this year.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

It's better to be lucky than good. And they're good on their own so if they're also lucky, I dunno how anyone can beat them.

You can say they got lucky KC's receivers can't catch and that the Bills RB ran the wrong route at the end but that sort of luck is exactly how teams win the Superbowl.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

I'm glad I was wrong about the 49ers/Eagles game, but Greenlaw needs to control himself a little better. Draymond had already won a championship before kicking Lebron in the nuts; get a Superbowl win and then you can make incidental contact with sideline personnel.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

On 101 North there's one of those signs by the highway showing that it's adopted by Kyle "Juice" Juszczyk. Every time I drive by, I feel a little :911: remembering him paving the way for all those runs.

Edit: I also remember Harbaugh forced Sherman to switch to CB when he joined the team as a WR. I dunno if that's true or correct, but it's something I kind of remember happening.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

The game was a lot of fun yesterday, very exciting.

Seeing DK grab Warner live, I missed that Warner shoved him down but DK definitely escalated too much. There was a cool moment afterwards too when Warner came to the sidelines and was standing on the bench riling up the crowd. I should have taken a video, but that was pretty awesome.

Overall the 49ers are who we thought they were although I'm not liking all the injuries piling up. Hopefully they're not serious but if we can keep winning, the bye week is a lot of extra rest.

Edit: My friend who is a Seahawks fan enjoyed the game even though there was this old boomer 49ers lady sitting behind us yelling old lady things about the game/Seahawks the entire time lol.

OGS-Remix fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Dec 11, 2023

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Don't forget the second most travel miles this season too.

The rest disparity is ridiculous though, they definitely can come out with more fair schedules. I think facing the Jags after their bye while the Jags also had a bye is a joke.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Papercut posted:

The Ravens seem really scary but on the other hand the Niners beat that Jags team 34-3

If it's a rainy game, anything can happen. I'm glad that the 49ers won again this week, but the quest for the #1 seed is still going on and injuries are starting to compound. Losing the #1 seed is ok, even if they have to go through Philly again, but they gotta be full strength.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

That was a rough game, but I don't feel as bad as opposed to their earlier losses. The Ravens are a very good team and I'm glad the next time the 49ers could play them is in the Super Bowl.

Just gotta buckle down and focus on winning the next two games. Seattle gave the 49ers a gift by beating the Eagles and you can't squander an opportunity like that.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

I haven't checked the other threads yet, but I do want to see how Kawalimus spins this as a bad thing for the Ravens.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

There's great storylines either way with Goff beating LA or Stafford knocking the Lions out.

I'm just glad the 49ers can sit and rest at home that week. Thanks Cardinals. :cheersbird:

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Coldforge posted:

Wentz is starting for the Rams on Sunday.

It's happening.

Edit: Shanahan says Purdy won't play and Darnold will start.

Wentz. Darnold. Sunday, NFC Best.

Time to drop the price on my tickets again. Or maybe I'll go watch the clownshow, who knows lol.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

That's going to be really important, containing Jamal Adams is one of the keys to victory for the 49ers.

I'm feeling really worried about Saturday but maybe I've just been watching too much positive Packers coverage.

Edit: Armstead being back is huge for run game stopping/slowing too.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Oh yeah Aaron Jones, not Jamal Adams. I dunno why said the wrong person lol.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

That was an incredibly stressful game. If that's what our offense looks like without Deebo. I really hope he's healthy for next week. :stonk:

Edit: It was like the Vikings' game all over again. 3rd down is DPI or a huge gain of like 30 yards every time. I want to see exactly what Wilks was thinking sometimes, maybe he should go back upstairs lol.

VVVV

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Mustached Demon posted:

Dude had more ibbs than entire teams during his peak.

This is a really good video showing how good Barry was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwMfT2cZGHg

I wish nothing but misery for the Angels since they prevented Bonds from getting a ring.

Edit: Also awards don't matter for players so they shouldn't matter for spectators. I 100% guarantee that any player would trade MVP for a Superbowl win.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

I was getting hyped to go see the game in person but then my tickets sold last night at like 10pm lol.

Go Niners, I'll be watching from my couch instead lol.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Goddamn the last two weeks have been so stressful and now it'll continue. At least it continues. :unsmith:

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Papercut posted:

Papa and Tim Ryan own

Yeah they're a really great radio pair for sure. I was really surprised that he came to the 49ers after the Raiders, but I guess he just didn't want to leave and start elsewhere.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Manoueverable posted:

On the other hand, how many NFCCGs have y'all been to in the last 10-11 years? That poo poo ain't zero, and it's twice as many as every other team. I ain't trying to hear it.

I know this is from a couple of pages ago but I saw/heard a crazy stat that I had to go look up. There have been 53 NFCCGs since they started in 1970 and the 49ers have been to 19 of them or 35.18%. That is just ridiculous and I guess we really are the haves of the NFC.

^^^^^^^^^
Edit: Just like how the NFL wanted a KC win at Baltimore, the shield wants to cash in with Taylor Swift after the Superbowl.

OGS-Remix fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Jan 30, 2024

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

I'm most afraid of our offense and defense playing well but a missed Jake Moody field goal wins it for KC.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

I would like to keep ray ray too, and I would like to keep chase young if he could perform a little bit better, I feel like he has it in him to be what we paid for

Chase Young is literally playing himself out of a big contract. If he can't get sacks and put effort in on an actual Superbowl team he's not going to do it anywhere else.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Mustached Demon posted:

Barry Bonds not being in the HOF should revoke everyones ballot imo.

:hmmyes:

Also I'm glad Willis got into the hall. He was super good the moment he got into the pros all the way until his career ended.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Losing Greenlaw really hurts but Shanahan made some very questionable decisions in regulation and overtime. This one is going to hurt for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Honestly, even if Moody hit the PAT, it just means the Chiefs go for a TD instead of a field goal to tie and they win in regulation instead.

The 3rd down right at the 2 minutes was the biggest play of the game. Even with 2 time outs, you can burn a ton of clock and kick a FG at worst. Mahomes can score in 13 seconds but at least there's more pressure with no time outs.