Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Nuclear Spoon posted:

lmao troy deeney

we hardly knew ye

God FGR are so hosed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Nuclear Spoon posted:

lmao troy deeney

His form as FGR gaffer: DLLDDL
As for disciplinary: YY / YYYRYY / YYYYY* / Y/ YYRRY / YYRY (*TD was also sent off, and was eventually handed a four-match touchline ban)

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

RDRR

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
metropolitan rotherham.

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Grey Hunter's next target.

Rotherham combining playing dirty with diving all over the place at the moment

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Middlesbrough up to 3 stonewall pens not given in our last 1.5 games against Rotherham

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
villa has just been forced to add another mill to the rogers offer

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

And the last minute Middlesbrough winner is incorrectly ruled offside.

If I never see one of these officials again it'll be too loving soon.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Norwich look really good, nice to see Ginger Messi healthy again.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

paddyboat posted:

Norwich look really good, nice to see Ginger Messi healthy again.

You talking about the O'Fallon Pele (not to be confused with the O'Fallon Zanetti, who went to the same high school)?

anyway real sad stuff from some of the Sheff Weds fans today, hopefully some bans are in the post

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

I’m a match going fan, or at least a lapsed one. First went to Hillsborough in 1995 and have been to.. a few hundred I guess games since. I’ve done 56 of the 92 as an away fan.

Seen some stuff over that time but I think supporter behaviour in general has just become extremely tiresome. Today it’s some racist twat doing monkey gestures. Before it was the 2 clowns holding up the picture of Bradley Lowry. Beyond my club, we’re a week removed from a Coventry banner taunting a helicopter crash, which itself was about a week on from Millwall fans gesturing about the same thing. Then there’s all the usual grief chanting etc..

And every time you go it seems like half the fellas on the terraces are off their tits on marching powder. Especially the young lads.

I’ve got young kids now and it’s no sure thing that I’ll pass on going to games as a thing. I honestly don’t feel in a rush to take them. I’m just sick of it. It’s loving shameful some of the stuff that’s going on.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Rogue0071 posted:

And the last minute Middlesbrough winner is incorrectly ruled offside.

If I never see one of these officials again it'll be too loving soon.

I knew as soon as I saw Darren Bond was the ref we'd get absolutely nothing, he's a shite ref and an absolute oval office to Boro historically

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
metropolitan Leeds.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

karmicknight posted:

metropolitan Leeds.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Doing the eyes emoji irl at Leeds being awarded a 94th minute penalty and scoring it

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Bumhead posted:

I’m a match going fan, or at least a lapsed one. First went to Hillsborough in 1995 and have been to.. a few hundred I guess games since. I’ve done 56 of the 92 as an away fan.

Seen some stuff over that time but I think supporter behaviour in general has just become extremely tiresome. Today it’s some racist twat doing monkey gestures. Before it was the 2 clowns holding up the picture of Bradley Lowry. Beyond my club, we’re a week removed from a Coventry banner taunting a helicopter crash, which itself was about a week on from Millwall fans gesturing about the same thing. Then there’s all the usual grief chanting etc..

And every time you go it seems like half the fellas on the terraces are off their tits on marching powder. Especially the young lads.

I’ve got young kids now and it’s no sure thing that I’ll pass on going to games as a thing. I honestly don’t feel in a rush to take them. I’m just sick of it. It’s loving shameful some of the stuff that’s going on.

caling hte keeper fat; screaming abuse at the ref. making the wanker sign at a complete stranger are also not great. give me piped in crowd sfx any day tbh. must cost a fortune to police grounds. or deos it save it cause all the morons are in one place for the afternoon. makes you think

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Bumhead posted:

You might get some grief for this post but I know where you're coming from and it's exactly why I'll probably never go to a league football match ever again. High-level sports in general have soured me tbh; I know it's not as bad as footy was in the 80s when the cash cow was limited and it was being denigrated on a governmental level for being a "working class entertainment", but there's just too much bollocks that gets accepted as being "all in good fun" when that's clearly not the intent.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
The third (and announced final) season of Sunderland 'Til I Die hits Netflix on 13 February.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Edward Mass posted:

The third (and announced final) season of Sunderland 'Til I Die hits Netflix on 13 February.

Shame it's the last season because the saga of the Mowbray sacking followed by replacing him with Beale and the subsequent loss of form, plus them hilariously bending the knee to Newcastle and allowing them to take over the home supporters hospitality and seats for the FA Cup game would have made for some great content.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Edward Mass posted:

PLAY MY DERN THEME MUSIC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQGiN838G8M

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
dipshwich

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

FGR taking the bold step of employing an actual football manager with experience of managing a football team. Let's see if it pays off.

Let's go Steve Cotterill

https://www.fgr.co.uk/news/steve-cotterill-appointed-fgr-manager

sebzilla fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Jan 25, 2024

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
And I feel so proud
to be alive
beale's tenure going well then

https://safc.com/news/team-news/2024/january/club-statement-alex-pritchard

quote:

Sunderland AFC today issued the following statement.

On Friday morning, Alex Pritchard informed the Club that he was no longer available for selection and he subsequently withdrew from today’s matchday squad.

The midfielder also expressed his desire to leave SAFC with immediate effect.

The Club will be making no further comment at this moment in time.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

https://twitter.com/EFL_Comms/status/1751319143339491411

not financial crimes, but crimes

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Hedgehog Pie posted:

You might get some grief for this post but I know where you're coming from and it's exactly why I'll probably never go to a league football match ever again.

Looks like I've avoided any grief but I have to ask - which bit of my post did you think I would get grief for?

The one bit I would like to clarify is that bringing up the Coventry banner and Millwall is not a deflection. I do think there are wider societal problems that are impacting football in this country further than just individual clubs - any of them - but that's not a deflection from my utter disgust at Wednesday specifically and how a section of our fans have behaved recently. At it again on Friday and I'm not really buying anything about it being a minority. This club hasn't made it easy to be a fan of for a long time but I've never been as utterly ashamed of it as I am at the minute.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Bumhead posted:

Looks like I've avoided any grief but I have to ask - which bit of my post did you think I would get grief for?

I just see a lot of your extremely valid points often papered over with things like "it's just bantz lol" when, even if that were a good excuse to begin with, it's blatantly not true. Not here in this forum necessarily but elsewhere/in general. I know I've been accused of "taking things too seriously" when trying to talk about this stuff.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Bumhead posted:

The one bit I would like to clarify is that bringing up the Coventry banner and Millwall is not a deflection. I do think there are wider societal problems that are impacting football in this country further than just individual clubs - any of them - but that's not a deflection from my utter disgust at Wednesday specifically and how a section of our fans have behaved recently. At it again on Friday and I'm not really buying anything about it being a minority. This club hasn't made it easy to be a fan of for a long time but I've never been as utterly ashamed of it as I am at the minute.

Couldnt make the game so I get all my views from the bbc hys. the second highest voted one was this mythbuster:

Kasey Palmer covets controversy. He went looking for it last night after a perfectly ordinary Barry Bannan challenge. He knew what the reaction would be. He also got booked for a reckless tackle later on. Remove the racial narrative (of one person's stupid actions last week) and you're left with a football crowd booing a pantomime villain. Nothing to see here.

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
And I feel so proud
to be alive
strongly recommend checking out the st pauli v fortuna highlights which ended with one of the best shootouts i've ever seen

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68154362

Fully hyped about this, hope he's brought his shooting boots with him.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

85 good minutes today.

Shame about the three goals we conceded in the other five :negative:

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Always liked Huddersfield me

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
metropolitan bristol.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Which way to the non-league thread?

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

the sex ghost posted:

Always liked Huddersfield me

This aged poorly

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Fantastic idea to let your most creative attacking player leave in the transfer window then not bring in any replacements, good job Boro

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Wanted to say I'd 8-2 be a Harrogate fan but it's already too late

I'll settle for "I wouldn't 1-2 be a Barrow fan" because holy poo poo FGR won a game

sebzilla fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Feb 13, 2024

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Bristol City are great and we all love them

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

the sex ghost posted:

Bristol City are great and we all love them

I went and bought some cider tonight in tribute

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

In the most average Middlesbrough half ever we conceded a goal to a very tame shot outside the box and then the ref doesn't give an extremely obvious penalty to us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Not a fan of Carrick giving Forss the Stuani treatment, I have to say

Also can we send Glover back to the A-League where he clearly belongs, ta