Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

All predictions are subject to change (mostly if Gus Hamer ends up leaving)

Winner: Leicester
R/U: Coventry
Playoffs: Boro, Leeds, Soton (winners), Millwall
Relegated: Wednesday, Rotherham, QPR
First to get a point deduction: Wednesday
Best promoted team: Ipswich
Most improved: Blues
Golden Boot: who knows, probably Zian Flemming
POTY: Hayden Hackney
MOTY: Mark Robins
Biggest bust: Will Keane at PNE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

karmicknight posted:

has Wigan paid their players yet? (i know they got relegated last year I had to check)

A rich local guy who also owns a good bit of Wigan RLFC bought them and paid off all debts, so yes

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Let’s Remember A Guy https://twitter.com/coventry_city/status/1686454363458256901?s=46&t=H3Sb6azR2C6xsKWhQLRvOw

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Hopefully everyone at Blues has enjoyed their last tomato-based product, because with TB12 having input on nutrition and sports science he’ll put his weird ideas into practice.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

karmicknight posted:

Patterson is loving 28 years old holy poo poo.

And here I thought Bannan was younger than him based on how they look

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Eau de MacGowan posted:

southampton just straight up ripping off the denmark 1986 kit, shameful stuff

Hummel are making that one of their big headline templates this year, it’s kinda sad but what can you do

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Blackburn has Venky's on their shirts, we're so back baby

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Gareth Ainsworth's QPR going exactly as expected (they're getting relegated)

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

(Welcome to Wrexham Season 3 spoiler) loving lol at them losing to Franchise FC

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Argyle are looking awful good

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

mfcrocker posted:

You hate to see it

Meanwhile we've just smashed in a third

I watched the last friendly Exeter played on YouTube and that GK you got on loan from Villa impressed me

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

so Leicester quit putting the clappers in all the seats this year because their EFL budget won't allow it, resulting in a ground so quiet you can hear everything from the away end loud and clear

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Yeah when one team has Dewsbury-Hall and the other has Matt Godden you get this result

Fair marks to the Leicester keeper for getting enough on the Wright shot. Would have been a great goal.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Adrianics posted:

Shouting "NO THANK YOU" every time I see this on Twitter in the hope that The Fates hear how much I love Hamer and force him to stay https://twitter.com/SportsPeteO/status/1689165605763510272

The only Gus transfer I would approve of is if he heads to one of the Dutch big three, as there’s reports of him wanting to be closer to family plus European football.

But I’m with you, especially given that Blades nearly got bought by a Nigerian guy whose money was not exactly legitimate.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Adrianics posted:

It kept surprising me that no team in the backend of last season had a gameplan of "murder Hamer's face", it was shocking the difference it made whenever he wasn't playing

If he didn’t roll his ankle we’d be having this discussion in the PL thread

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

anyway Adrianics Hamer is in the starting XI for the Carling Cup tie tonight, hopefully that’s a sign he’s staying

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

yeah, if last year really was THE chance to go up it’s extra gutting. especially since Luton are pretty openly using the PL money to build a new ground and will be at least ‘94 Swindon levels of bad.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Saturday: Ben Foster ships five goals to Swindon in a game that Wrexham somehow come back to draw

Monday: https://twitter.com/Wrexham_AFC/status/1693563593739161823?s=20

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/emilybastow_/status/1705571436570566840
(WELCOME TO WREXHAM SEASON 3 SPOILERS) Stockport County won this match 5-0

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Starsnostars posted:

Four losses in a row for Southampton, it's just like still being in the Premier League!

between Martin and Duff, Swansea managers should be investigated as fraudulent

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

things not looking well for the Venky's, 4 losses in a row

oh yeah and Wednesday finally sacked Xisco

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Dell_Zincht posted:

Birmingham sack John Eustace in order to bring in Wazza.

I hope it spectacularly blows up in their face like us sacking Southgate for Strachan did

This isn’t the first time Blues have done this: they fired Gary Rowett to bring in Gianfranco Zola a few years back and nearly got relegated for it

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

posts that aged poorly

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Turns out Wayne Rooney is a terrible manager, who’d have thought

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Jose posted:

any teams done any new financial crimes?

well, Reading have laid off a bunch of their staff as their owner is basing what financial crimes they do on what gets them the least punishment from the EFL

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

reminder that not only is Leicester's boss Pep's former assman, he's also bald

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Adrianics posted:

Sakamoto could possibly be the signing of the season in the Championship. He gets better and better every week

didn't he cost less than £1m?

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Nuclear Spoon posted:

leeds have had enough of spence and sent him back lol. a lot of leeds fans seem baffled by this although some think he wasn't making an effort? seems a weird split in opinion

apparently it’s an attitude issue

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Brum actually made a good decision and hired Mowbray to replace Wazza

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

vyelkin posted:

It's also confusing that some of the players who had been Leicester's best performers in previous seasons immediately left and went back to being good again for other clubs. There was something in the air last season that made the whole club underperform.

You can just say the problem was Brenda

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Blasmeister posted:

Well, the second half is sure gonna be stressful

Maresca is bald and Robins is not, it was inevitable

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Nuclear Spoon posted:

lmao troy deeney

His form as FGR gaffer: DLLDDL
As for disciplinary: YY / YYYRYY / YYYYY* / Y/ YYRRY / YYRY (*TD was also sent off, and was eventually handed a four-match touchline ban)

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

paddyboat posted:

Norwich look really good, nice to see Ginger Messi healthy again.

You talking about the O'Fallon Pele (not to be confused with the O'Fallon Zanetti, who went to the same high school)?

anyway real sad stuff from some of the Sheff Weds fans today, hopefully some bans are in the post

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Edward Mass posted:

The third (and announced final) season of Sunderland 'Til I Die hits Netflix on 13 February.

PLAY MY DERN THEME MUSIC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQGiN838G8M

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

the sex ghost posted:

Bristol City are great and we all love them

I went and bought some cider tonight in tribute

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

one less owner doing financial crimes https://twitter.com/WBA/status/1758246057933189465

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/skysports_keith/status/1759583615220908191?s=61&t=j8oDmrM2w7M3CQNK4VxnXA

(also get well soon Tony Mowbray, he's stepping away from managing Blues due to an unspecified illness)

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

We have a bald fraud alert

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Dell_Zincht posted:

But Michael Carrick has hair?

hah

but seriously, Maresca's now twice lost 3-1 away when up 0-1 going into the last 10 minutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Breath Ray posted:

another great escape for the sheffield hooters

if Danny Röhl keeps you guys up I am going to be angry (as I've got money on Wednesday going down) but also very impressed