Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
Can confirm about the Master of Possession, I got restarted with 40k when my wife got me the Start Collecting box for CSM, was able to flip that MoP for $70 on eBay and I converted the monopose legionaries into a kill team. I used one of the Possessed as my anointed, one of the bolter marines and a melta barrel from one of the obliterators for a melta gunner, proxy the auto cannon guy as either heavy bolter or chaincannon as needed, scratch built an icon for the icon bearer, used a chainsword guy and scratch build him a missile launcher. I got a sorcerer to use as a balefire acolyte, and converted another chainsword guy into a shrivetalon. Still missing Butcher and flamer gunner but I haven't had need for them as of yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

Stephenls posted:

,...two sets of five monopose assault intercessors which seem to have been designed as starter kit fodder and which are now unavailable since all the 9e starter kits are discontinued, ...

These are still available as part of Imperium magazine, along with a lot of the Indomitus stuff

I found my oooold Assault on Black Reach box set in storage and the Space Marines and Orks are all mixed up on the same sprues. Got terminiators right next to Deff Koptas

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

Stephenls posted:

I mentioned that. The new Leviathan termagants all come in four parts: right body, left body, right arm with weapon, left arm that plugs into the weapon. And when they previewed the multiweapon termagants kit, all the poses matched the poses of the Leviathan termagants, just holding different weapons.

The full termagants kit is just going to be Leviathan termagants with an extra sprue full of alternate right arms holding different weapons.

I'll bet that extra sprue will have lots of weird blobs and extra spines and stuff for a Kill Team!

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

At 500 points you could take a single Cerastus Knight and its a valid army, which yeah I imagine other 500 point lists would have serious trouble with.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

Plastic Deredeo has been teased already, so probably a safe bet. Plastic Solar Auxilia wouldn't surprise me either, and would explain the drought of space marine infantry as of late; they've been working on an entire new army.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

bird food bathtub posted:

lol wow, they really should not be attempting to portray space marines in any stance other than standing on a Heroic Rock or surrounded by Orks in a Pile Of Shooting Dudes. Those proportions are just comedic. Would love to see the MSPaint body outline for this one and the comedy that ensues.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

Mr Teatime posted:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/09/21/heresy-thursday-space-wolves-get-a-predatory-praetor-and-new-mark-vi-heads/

Lmao at them already replacing those horrendous rat heads, I would love to see the sales figures for those.

This is a hell of a mea culpa, lmao. "Sorry for the furry helmets, heres some good ones oh and also a praetor"

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

Iron Halos are miniature localized force fields, usually equipped by squad leaders, so they don't need helmets.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

Any Orlangoons going to the Tampa US Open on the 14th? Not participating in any of the tournaments but I will be doing the Open Gaming as well as the NMM class. Its my first time going to a Warhammer event, whats the vibe like?

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

Safety Factor posted:

I can't speak for GW's official events, but I've been to LVO and NOVA a few times each along with some smaller stuff. Vibes at a ham event are generally pretty good. Outside of some weirdos, everyone is happy to be there, rolling dice and showing off their models while admiring others'. NOVA is probably the closest equivalent I've been to. It's all about organized events during the day, ranging from competitive to casual. At night you have the option of playing in more events or just hanging out on open tables playing whatever you want with your pals. That's my preferred way to go, but sometimes a certain game is only offered at night. That's probably not a problem at the official events though. If you're doing open gaming, don't be afraid to be a little pushy to set up games, especially if you don't know anyone else there. People will generally be very friendly, but if you sit there on your phone playing the wallflower you won't get to play.

I was thinking of attending the Tampa event too, but it doesn't look like my schedule will work out that way. I would've been going for Kill Team or Shadespire though, not 40k. I though about playing Blood Bowl, but I don't think going to an event is the best way to reintroduce myself to it. I miss that game.

Thanks for the insight. I was all gung-ho about entering the Kill Team tournament but then realized it spanned from Friday to Sunday and I can only go Saturday. Plus I am terrible at Kill Team.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I was just reading the new boxed game article up on WarCom, is this the first hard confirmation that the Demiurge were the Leagues of Votann?

quote:

Battlefleet Gothic is probably the smallest-scale miniatures game we’ve ever produced, reducing miles-long interstellar battleships down to miniatures sitting between just 2cm and 10cm. The combat was similarly colossal, flinging munitions designed to level cities and firing lance batteries with the power to turn continents to glass. The Imperial (Space Marines, Imperial Navy, and Adeptus Mechanicus) and Chaos fleets received the bulk of the miniatures, but Orks, Aeldari, T’au, Tyranids, and Necrons all got in on the space combat action. Even the Leagues of Votann showed up – technically. They were called Demiurg at the time.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm caught up on Dawn of Fire, and the Raptors haven't been featured at all. From my memory, chapters that have been featured/mentioned are:

- Ultramarines
- Space Wolves
- Black Templars
- Imperial Fists
- Storm Reapers
- Marines Malevolent
- Void Sabres
- Raven Guard

For Imperial Guard:

- Catachans
- Mordians
- Savlar Chem Dogs
- Plus a few tied to whatever planet they're on like the Veluan Hoplites and the Pyroxian armored company

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

So I went to the Tampa US Open last Saturday and had a great time. I didn't participate in the tournaments as I could only be there on Saturday, but my brother and I did open gaming and did a painting class.

Gaming hall was big and they had plenty of extra tables set up for kill team open play (all octarius terrain). They had a big Dropsite Massacre diorama which was super cool, along with a life size Terminator statue (named Arnold). Painting class was for Non Metallic Metal and lasted two hours. Instructor had a few Golden Demon wins to his name and was a great presenter. My NMM Storm cast eternal turned out like crap, but it was fun and you got to keep all the paints, the Storm cast, plus three brushes.

They also had a store setup in the main hall and was awesome getting to physically look through all the forgeworld sets, and seeing Reaver titans and Ordinatus engines on the shelf was wild. I picked up the notebook-size 10th edition rulebook and, against all odds and any thought of possibility, a new, metal Iron Warrior Warsmith. They also had all kinds of rare old out of print stuff on the shelf in metal and fine cast, which was cool. A few Joytoy sets, MacFarlane figures, and various pins, books, and dice were also available.

My only complaint was a lack of single-day events or even some kind of casual/narrative Kill Team game, otherwise it was a great time!

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

Al-Saqr posted:

drat lol I guess my Avatar is no longer valid for games lol.

I wonder if my Ulthwe is still good...

Put him on the right sized base and give him a hell of a tactical rock and you'd probably be fine.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

Does anyone have a contemptor and a helbrute they can take a picture of side by side? I hate the helbrute model and would rather run a spiky contemptor but I want to make sure they're of similar size/same base size

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

My very first exposure to 40k was a highschool friend who had the 3rd edition blood angels codex for some reason. Being a fan of RTS games I was immediately enamored with the tiny tanks and dudes with missile launchers. Few years later I got into Dawn of War and the rest was history.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

Work in progress on my Terminator Warsmith. Leviathan terminator captain is the base model, obliterator right arm and chaos terminator left arm, primaries techmarine head, plus other bits and bobs. Belt buckle is a poorly uv resin cast warpsmith kneepad made with blue stuff, I'll probably remake it. Load out will be power fist and combi weapon. Any thoughts or critiques?

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

Thinking about adding a dreadblade Moirax to my CSM list. 10 points cheaper than a Forgefiend, but no Dark Pacts. I have yet to actually play a game of 10th so this is all theorycrafting, but does this make sense?

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

Dark pact is way better than ten points. Forgefiends are really, really good

But is it better than a big stompy robit with a conversion beamer?

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

Improbable Lobster posted:

Conversion beamers are the best of the retro weapons imho

Moirax is also 2 inches faster and an OC of 8 vs 3. Invuln save is only against ranged and a worse leadership score, however. Run with a claw w/rad cleanser for infantry and conversion beamer or graviton pulsar to take out tough stuff and vehicles, and this guy could run up the field, grab an objective and make it a fort.

Also, big medium stompy robit

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

Has anyone ever played with or experimented with interactive battlefields? Say theres a drawbridge or something that starts the game up, with an objective in the control room or something. Whoever own the objective can lower/raise the drawbridge at the start of their turn; something like that?

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

Hate the new site

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

All the forgeworld models are listed as "Expert" lol

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

Am I out of the loop or have they snuck on a price increase with the new site? Age of Darkness box launched at $299 and is now listed at $310.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

Half of my brother's Warp Coven is old metal sorcerers and 3rd edition chaos marines with the old metal Thousand Sons conversion kit and drat are they tiny. He got some inch tall Egyptian ruin bits for them to stand on to bring up to the right height.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I wish they'd do a Heroes set for a different legion, they've had like 3 different plague marine sets

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

Cease to Hope posted:

no, it's been just the one plague marine set.

Ok, you're right. I must have thought the re-releases were all new sculpts or something.

Still, gimme some chaos!

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

Work continues on my Warsmith:

I think I'll drill through the shoulder and sink a pin in, it's just attached with green stuff at the moment.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

Lostconfused posted:

I'm going to try and exercise some self control and not buy anything until I get the ones I have done and painted.

This is the hardest part of the hobby.

I've got 1000 points of Iron Warriors still unbuilt and I'm already planning my 2k list.

EDIT - Back in 2008 (so 5th Edition) prices were set more by Forge Org slot; so a Troops box was $35, whether that was 10 space marines/Eldar guardians/etc or 20 cadians/Ork boyz/termagants/etc.

Super Waffle fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Nov 6, 2023

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

When I came back to warhammer I was so stoked to hear the AdMech was a full army now and was sure they were going to be my faction. Once I actually looked at the models I was so disappointed. The Horus Heresy range fits the Admech theme infinitely better, wish they would have just used those designs.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

Do it anyways! Has anyone proxied the GSC bikers as rough riders? Are they big enough?

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I remember back in the day reading posts about game store weirdos using their own blood for their chaos marines.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

Squidmar is terrible, but I can't blame Ninjon and his ilk for chasing the algorithm trying to grow their business. Those clickbaity titles and previews are click baity for a reason; people click on them. Its endemic to every genre of youtuber and its just what you gotta do to get those views.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

Eons of Battle is probably my favorite channel. BS is at a minimum, and his shilling is reasonable. Also I like his intro of an ork pouring a bucket of nuln oil over an army :buddy:

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

AndyElusive posted:

I bounced off EOB hard when it was obvious he was really chasing those numbers, but maybe I'll check back in with him again sometime.

He just had a video where he puts a Reaver titan together with an awesome pose and goes through all the steps in a really clear way:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItfOjYK34oQ

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I am suddenly reminded of an incident that occurred in a much older iteration of this thread where some goon chipped a tooth and used green stuff to reform it.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I've actually had the idea of using a small fox skull to make a sick chaos warhound

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

drat yall it was just an idea

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

Question about boarding actions in 10th ed; I've read the document that they put out but still confused if the stratagems and other rules in the books are still usable, or if just strictly the ones given in the PDF. Is there any point at all to getting Ark of Omens books?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

You can probably find an old Imdomitus box (or just the necron half) for pretty cheap, I think that comes with everything you'd need for the new combat patrol and then some.

Heres a reasonably priced option:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1159760614...2.c101506.m1851

Super Waffle fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Nov 15, 2023