Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Rad-daddio posted:

if i hire a domme to kick me in the side until i piss blood, would that be covered by an HMO or a PPO?

Would I need an HSA to pay for the domme?

this is a vital treatment for my migraines.
The one I hired to boot me in the nuts was part of an hmo so if yours is then you're probably good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
My juicy anus farts have magical healing powers, you can't tell me they dont

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Private Cumshoe posted:

y'all every try jenkem? It's an alternative to recreational medicine

its also the best extant skate magazine

https://www.jenkemmag.com

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Cactus Ghost posted:

its also the best extant skate magazine

https://www.jenkemmag.com

rip big brother (god drat it's been 20 years)

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Rad-daddio posted:

if i hire a domme to kick me in the side until i piss blood, would that be covered by an HMO or a PPO?

Would I need an HSA to pay for the domme?

this is a vital treatment for my migraines.

PeePee Oh!

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Cactus Ghost posted:

its rude to huff your own farts in public
As a Scientism adherent I am often told I should still huffing farts but it's actually more complex. I have an entire journal of qualitative and quantitative measures like volume and smell that I use to characterize the effectiveness of different diets I try.

Auto correct suggested I should start huffing darts instead which I am game to try. After all if they are personally effective I should integrate that into my worldview that smoked tobacco products just give everyone cancers.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Detach your farts.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

zedprime posted:

As a Scientism adherent I am often told I should still huffing farts but it's actually more complex. I have an entire journal of qualitative and quantitative measures like volume and smell that I use to characterize the effectiveness of different diets I try.

Auto correct suggested I should start huffing darts instead which I am game to try. After all if they are personally effective I should integrate that into my worldview that smoked tobacco products just give everyone cancers.

yeah I'd have a dart

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020

maybealabia posted:

"I'll ignore the extremely problematic and damaging history of this idea because it makes me feel better"

Yeah that does sound just like chiropracty which is I'm sure the joke you were trying to make, right?

Oh Christ here we go.. “Goon takes off hand joke comment in a mockery thread as dead serious statement of fact, gets offended over imagined slight and proceeds to make massive derail with ever increasing entirely self made up reading of a nothing”

Never change goons.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Has anyone talked about the benefits of huffing jenkum yet?

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Extra row of tits posted:

Never change goons.

:ironicat: That's a safe bet!

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Voting in the US is about as useful as "alt medicine"

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Private Cumshoe posted:

Voting in the US is about as useful as "alt medicine"

:frogout:

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Me, holding the spine of someone I accidentally folded in half: "but I'm just one person, what impact could I possibly make?"

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

I ate 17 pounds of turmeric water that I bought at whole foods. That motherfuckin poo poo cured my hiv.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

syntaxfunction posted:

Me, holding the spine of someone I accidentally folded in half: "but I'm just one person, what impact could I possibly make?"
However if we take the conservative notion that "only those with backbones should be able to vote" and the mean number of backbones in your possession, you can in fact make twice the impact by using your two votes.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
my toxins are inflaming

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Private Cumshoe posted:

my toxins are inflaming

They've always been inflaming, but now they're rebelling!

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

what are the benefits of tree moss?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OW0NpwHpOP4

TREE MOSS

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

The benefits of tree moss are many

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

time heals all wounds. this is why nobody has ever died.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
You're out of time, buddy

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

A woman I know was just diagnosed with Parkinson’s and told her doctor she was going to consult with her naturopath first before treatment.

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

My long time GF is a internet witch and makes bank telling people their futures based on card draws lmao

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020
Wish I could come up with an entirely pulled out of my rear end, 10 minutes work a day, job I could do from home.

I almost had one for a year and it was pretty rad.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Corn Glizzy posted:

A woman I know was just diagnosed with Parkinson’s and told her doctor she was going to consult with her naturopath first before treatment.

:shuckyes:

I'm going to eat activated quinoa about it

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I hate chiropractic. I went to one once and they told me I had an old lumbar vertebral fracture and later on when I went to an actual doctor they showed it to me and explained that it was just a variation of normal anatomy. They said they only showed me because they trusted that I would understand because I have somewhat of a medical background (veterinarian). That's kind of sad that they knew some people would ignore the doctor and insist there was something wrong and get a second opinion (probably from a chiropractor!)

Personally I do believe in acupuncture but only as a complement to western medicine. There's actually a ton of research backing up acupuncture for pain and physical therapists have even started "dry needling" trigger points, which is basically just what would be called the "ah shi" points. Acupuncture started as a bloodletting technique and because of that most acupuncture points have a rich blood and nerve supply which can be stimulated by acupuncture causing local effects, and potentially also more far reaching effects due to the nerve supply coming from the spinal cord or brainstem. The acupuncture theoretically causes afferent stimulation that can affect other nerves and even organs or parts of the brain.

All I'm saying is it has more solid theory and method to it than things like homeopathy and ear candling. There are people that practice medical acupuncture which uses current technology and knowledge to explain the ancient Traditional Chinese Medicine side of it, which basically can be seen as metaphors. It's a shame acupuncture gets lumped in with voodoo or whatever. It doesn't have to be a whole belief system, it can and has been actually explained logically.

I've got some bad news for the people who say nothing's true outside of current medical practice or theory, it's actually constantly changing, which is why medical research exists. This is also why doctors are required to attend continuing education: medicine is always changing. Some things that were believed or practiced in the past have been studied and proven wrong many times.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Dixville posted:

I've got some bad news for the people who say nothing's true outside of current medical practice or theory, it's actually constantly changing, which is why medical research exists.

I don't think anybody in here is claiming this, but yeah it does need to be said every now and then. However, I think more to answer chuds who seem to think that scientists and doctors actually believe that a scientific finding or current practice is unchangeable. I run into dickheads in my work all the time who want to shout "But I thought the biologists told us X, why are you telling us Y now??" Well, ya bing bong, because we kept researching and have a new finding.

From my lit searching on chiropracty it seems like general science backed medical consensus has not changed yet despite ongoing research.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Dixville posted:

I hate chiropractic. I went to one once and they told me I had an old lumbar vertebral fracture and later on when I went to an actual doctor they showed it to me and explained that it was just a variation of normal anatomy. They said they only showed me because they trusted that I would understand because I have somewhat of a medical background (veterinarian). That's kind of sad that they knew some people would ignore the doctor and insist there was something wrong and get a second opinion (probably from a chiropractor!)

Personally I do believe in acupuncture but only as a complement to western medicine. There's actually a ton of research backing up acupuncture for pain and physical therapists have even started "dry needling" trigger points, which is basically just what would be called the "ah shi" points. Acupuncture started as a bloodletting technique and because of that most acupuncture points have a rich blood and nerve supply which can be stimulated by acupuncture causing local effects, and potentially also more far reaching effects due to the nerve supply coming from the spinal cord or brainstem. The acupuncture theoretically causes afferent stimulation that can affect other nerves and even organs or parts of the brain.

All I'm saying is it has more solid theory and method to it than things like homeopathy and ear candling. There are people that practice medical acupuncture which uses current technology and knowledge to explain the ancient Traditional Chinese Medicine side of it, which basically can be seen as metaphors. It's a shame acupuncture gets lumped in with voodoo or whatever. It doesn't have to be a whole belief system, it can and has been actually explained logically.

I've got some bad news for the people who say nothing's true outside of current medical practice or theory, it's actually constantly changing, which is why medical research exists. This is also why doctors are required to attend continuing education: medicine is always changing. Some things that were believed or practiced in the past have been studied and proven wrong many times.

I bet your chiropractor would have realigned your chakras, and then rubbed you with some salt crystals and energy formations.
Then once your "abnormal", "anatomy" got back in to line you could have just maintained that with some reikki chants and stabbing yourself in the eyes with some organic asparagus every time you took a poo poo.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Dixville posted:

I don't think there are many of these people

I agree with your hypothesis about why acupuncture might offer some symptom relief for certain things by sort of confusing, distracting, or somehow "resetting" local nerve groups

The main problem is that an awful lot of people still think and say that it can cure all sorts of things, just like chiropracty or homeopathy, and then you get a lot of people ignoring proven treatments to get poked instead

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer
A local Chiropractor unironically advertises himself as a treatment plan for people with dementia.

If there is any justice in the universe, that dude will spend eternity in whatever passes for 'hell'.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Your second metatarsal is out of alignment and it's causing your brain tumor, please keep returning for adjustments

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

maybealabia posted:

I don't think there are many of these people

I agree with your hypothesis about why acupuncture might offer some symptom relief for certain things by sort of confusing, distracting, or somehow "resetting" local nerve groups

The main problem is that an awful lot of people still think and say that it can cure all sorts of things, just like chiropracty or homeopathy, and then you get a lot of people ignoring proven treatments to get poked instead

Yeah it's unfortunate that most people only know acupuncture where they talk about "chi" and "spleen wind" or whatever. The channels follow major nerves much of the time. There's a logical explanation to it it's not some kind of magical knowledge from the orient. I respectfully disagree with them though because there's a ton of overlap in how points get chosen using medical vs TCM acupuncture so sometimes they just reach the same conclusion anyway. If it works who am I to judge their way of understanding it? But yeah if people are talking about curing cancer or something with acupuncture that's not right and I hate when people are given false hope.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

how do you u know if your chiroman is adjusting the proper cervix? just adjust em all?

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

maybealabia posted:

Your second metatarsal is out of alignment and it's causing your brain tumor, please keep returning for adjustments

i dont think there are many of these people

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Canine Blues Arooo posted:

A local Chiropractor unironically advertises himself as a treatment plan for people with dementia.

If there is any justice in the universe, that dude will spend eternity in whatever passes for 'hell'.

Oh wow, all chiropractic "patients" have dementia what the hell maybe they just need more :shrug:

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Someone in a rich part of town posted on nextdoor looking for a dog chiropractor.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Fidopractor

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020

Dixville posted:

Acupuncture is complete nonsense and started as a way to realign energy flows. All the “pressure point” nonsense was made up when the energy bullshit lost the interest of the people they were selling it too. “Traditional Chinese medicine” was made up wholesale to cover shortages of actual medicines by the communist party. Chairman Mao is on record as saying it’s useless and he won’t use it.

Dry needling is not the same as acupuncture at all and has actual science based uses.

Also, medical research has well and truly established acupuncture as complete and utter bullshit using double blind testing several times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Extra row of tits posted:

Acupuncture is complete nonsense and started as a way to realign energy flows. All the “pressure point” nonsense was made up when the energy bullshit lost the interest of the people they were selling it too. “Traditional Chinese medicine” was made up wholesale to cover shortages of actual medicines by the communist party. Chairman Mao is on record as saying it’s useless and he won’t use it.

Dry needling is not the same as acupuncture at all and has actual science based uses.

Also, medical research has well and truly established acupuncture as complete and utter bullshit using double blind testing several times.

u mad