Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Look, you have no idea how genuinely sorry I am that CM Punk just didn't turn out to be what you wanted him to be. He didn't turn out to be what any of us wanted him to be when we welcomed him back in this business; gave him a second chance in the greatest sport in the world. It just didn't work out. And while I am truly sorry for that, I know he's your boy, I know he's from Chicago and you love him; I have zero sympathy for CM Punk. And that is because CM Punk: Fragile ego, fragile body. Weak mind, weak spirit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

I forgot how bad Mickey Gall annihilated him. Like, the Mike Jackson fight was bad because CM Punk's fragile face started pouring blood everywhere, but at no point in the Mickey Gall fight did Punk look like he had any idea what the hell he was doing out there

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Jack making sure he never has to work a Saturday night, he's one of the smartest guys in wrestling

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

A Fancy Hat posted:

Punk is loving wild, holy poo poo. It’s just equal parts frustrating and hilarious that a guy who made his name from being edgy and anti-authoritarian is now demanding full respect from his peers at all time and apparently got bothered by an in-joke that only us extremely online weirdos would even understand.

Yeah, I'm imagining young CM Punk being told by some grey beard wrestler that he couldn't do a spot he wanted to do because it was too dangerous and it's hard to think he would have reacted any more positively than Jack is now

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

reminder that Punk tried to get into a fight with Nemeth about this just last month and the only reason it didn't also end up in a scuffle is that Nemeth basically said "sorry sorry sorry I'm trying to delete it" since he has no pull

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Long-Time Lurker posted:

https://www.hausofwrestling.com/2023/08/28/no-one-from-aew-met-cm-punk-at-heathrow-airport-exclusive/

Lol @ that Punk preemptively leaked the story about him arriving late in London in order to justify it (he wanted time to hang out with Larry the Dog and his wife) and shift the focus on the AEW crew not waiting for him at the airport (I wager it's because it's all hands on deck at the stadium).

Miro demonstrating the easy access to public transit in London today for no particular reason

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

SamuraiFoochs posted:

LMFAO Miro waking up and choosing pettiness loving owns

According to Bryan Alvarez: "“Apparently, there was another near incident when CM Punk came through the curtain, Miro starts coming up and asks, ‘What happened with Jack Perry?’ Then CM Punk is like, ‘Oh you got a problem with me now?! You wanna step outside?'”

holy poo poo, Punk, Miro would snap you in half like a twig, you need to chill

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Jungle Boy, eh, mid

Now this Jack Perry fella, he seems pretty cool

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Chris James 2 posted:

Dave posted his summary of the brawl. In terms of new stuff:

Someone who wasn't a wrestler but was there said Tony screamed at Punk to let Perry go, and after they were separated/while they were being held back Punk lunged at Tony (which was around the time the monitors fell on him) and shouted "I quit"
People think higher of Joe now for how he handled things/getting Punk into doing the match
Kenny was the only one who said he was ready to go first and made the offer. Tony asked and Bucks weren't, FTR weren't, Ospreay weren't, Jericho wasn't (especially with Fozzy for the entrance). Few if any were told why they were asked to go first because they knew people would be pissed when they found out Punk did this again, but word spread quick after the discussions
Punk's side is the only side saying he left the building on his own/that he wasn't kicked out

lol

also Kenny stays winning, as always

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
fired for cause, holy poo poo

last time they were looking into buying out the remainder of his contract, so he screwed himself out of a huge amount of money by coming back and being a dick

magiccarpet posted:

Pin this thread forever