Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PoundSand)

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Kragger99 posted:

Sending you good vibes Pillow. :glomp:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

quote:

Horrified travellers say the maggots came from a rotten fish in somebody’s hand luggage, which was teeming with larvae towards the back of the plane.

Should I bother asking?

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

Precambrian Video Games posted:

Should I bother asking?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EFF3BmxEq0

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

Pillowpants posted:

Hey all

I think I'm dying.
(..)

I hope it works out :sympathy:

BusError
Jan 4, 2005

stupid babies need the most attention
Maggots are airborne now??!

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?
"SARS-CoV-2 Viral Shedding and Rapid Antigen Test Performance — Respiratory Virus Transmission Network, November 2022–May 2023"

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/73/wr/mm7316a2.htm posted:

Abstract
As population immunity to SARS-CoV-2 evolves and new variants emerge, the role and accuracy of antigen tests remain active questions. To describe recent test performance, the detection of SARS-CoV-2 by antigen testing was compared with that by reverse transcription–polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) and viral culture testing during November 2022–May 2023. Participants who were enrolled in a household transmission study completed daily symptom diaries and collected two nasal swabs (tested for SARS-CoV-2 via RT-PCR, culture, and antigen tests) each day for 10 days after enrollment. Among participants with SARS-CoV-2 infection, the percentages of positive antigen, RT-PCR, and culture results were calculated each day from the onset of symptoms or, in asymptomatic persons, from the date of the first positive test result. Antigen test sensitivity was calculated using RT-PCR and viral culture as references. The peak percentage of positive antigen (59.0%) and RT-PCR (83.0%) results occurred 3 days after onset, and the peak percentage of positive culture results (52%) occurred 2 days after onset. The sensitivity of antigen tests was 47% (95% CI = 44%–50%) and 80% (95% CI = 76%–85%) using RT-PCR and culture, respectively, as references. Clinicians should be aware of the lower sensitivity of antigen testing compared with RT-PCR, which might lead to false-negative results. This finding has implications for timely initiation of SARS-CoV-2 antiviral treatment, when early diagnosis is essential; clinicians should consider RT-PCR for persons for whom antiviral treatment is recommended. Persons in the community who are at high risk for severe COVID-19 illness and eligible for antiviral treatment should seek testing from health care providers with the goal of obtaining a more sensitive diagnostic test than antigen tests (i.e., an RT-PCR test).

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Kragger99 posted:

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

Kragger99 posted:

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Anyone else having recently purchased Metrix tests failing all over the place? Expiration date 1/21/25. so far out of the box of ten I’ve had at least five fail with red/purple or red/red lights. I have no idea how many my husband used on his parents (resentfully, because apparently even testing is rude to ask for and stupid paranoia, even though they just got off an international flight they didn’t mask on then proceeded to go out and eat every day since).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Kragger99 posted: