Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PoundSand)

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Oracle posted:

athletes keep coming down with POTS since 2020. But it’s mostly female athletes so whew, dodged that bullet.

Welp, lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Saw this in the doomsday econ thread.
Of course the comments blaming vaccine.

https://twitter.com/Censored4sure/status/1779568987963081031

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Gildiss posted:

Saw this in the doomsday econ thread.
Of course the comments blaming vaccine.

https://twitter.com/Censored4sure/status/1779568987963081031

Why does population have to be growing forever? That seems dumb as gently caress if you think about it at all.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

It's not vaxx you morons, it's the communist government defaulting on the national immunity debt.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

RandomBlue posted:

Why does population have to be growing forever? That seems dumb as gently caress if you think about it at all.

It has to grow in order to keep our abstract, detached from reality, conceptual system of economic going. We cannot let material reality get in the way of Number go up

Baddog
May 12, 2001

BusError posted:

Dang, test2treat tried to hook me up one last time but the delivery pharmacy was, maybe unsurprisingly, out of Pax stock :( RIP The Tools, indeed.

Haha me too, doh. Took them a long time to get back to me with that "whups out of stock" message.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
greece has gone ZPG, the hippies finally did it

hellotoothpaste
Dec 21, 2006

I dare you to call it a perm again..

Fun change in my hoarse/horse cough & voice illness: I can now taste the peppery taste of pepsi and coke (it’s kinda good actually). No positive tests the whole time.

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021

BusError posted:

Dang, test2treat tried to hook me up one last time but the delivery pharmacy was, maybe unsurprisingly, out of Pax stock :( RIP The Tools, indeed.

lol we just got this too. Love how the national dial up medication service is out of medicine. Glad the adults are back in charge.

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021

The Oldest Man posted:

Cross-posting my #InsaneScreed from the biosphere collapse thread

anyway

Don't worry, Biden's got this.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
LOCKDOWNS killed Boeing.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Platystemon posted:

LOCKDOWNS killed Boeing.

can’t believe it’s the 10th anniversary of Covid

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Platystemon posted:

LOCKDOWNS killed Boeing.

Rufo's basically the clearinghouse for the right wing hate machine zeitgeist. He's currently tilting at DEI, his previous project was attacking critical race theory, before that it was the gay groomers conspiracy theory. In all cases, his deal is to avoid actually talking about the thing in question and just get the propaganda staple gun out and attach as many conspiracy theories to it as quickly as possible. His twitter is basically a sneak preview of what the average right winger is going to be losing their mind about in the next six months since that's about how long it takes for the poo poo he's laundering to make it into mainstream sources like Fox.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
the truth is Boeing went downhill after their 1997 merger with McDonnell Douglas. MDD’s executives slowly took over and along with them came the corporate culture that focused on margins instead of engineering

that said a lot of the blame for accidents in recent years belongs to the airlines for skimping out on maintenance

Steve Yun has issued a correction as of 00:11 on Apr 16, 2024

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Platystemon posted:

LOCKDOWNS killed Boeing.

meanwhile they're absolutely frog marching engineers to come sit in cubicles and attend virtual meetings all day. also: there's no cafeteria lol

Indoor Dying
Dec 13, 2022

BusError posted:

same here lol sorry we have no tools

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

The Oldest Man posted:

Rufo's basically the clearinghouse for the right wing hate machine zeitgeist. He's currently tilting at DEI, his previous project was attacking critical race theory, before that it was the gay groomers conspiracy theory. In all cases, his deal is to avoid actually talking about the thing in question and just get the propaganda staple gun out and attach as many conspiracy theories to it as quickly as possible. His twitter is basically a sneak preview of what the average right winger is going to be losing their mind about in the next six months since that's about how long it takes for the poo poo he's laundering to make it into mainstream sources like Fox.

Rufo is also completely honest about what he does, he posted a thread once saying the point is to manufacture controversies. The media still takes his dumb poo poo and pretends it's in good faith, though.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
It would be very Trumpian to ever say a person is not acting in good faith and we don't want to be like that.

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022

hellotoothpaste posted:

Fun change in my hoarse/horse cough & voice illness: I can now taste the peppery taste of pepsi and coke (it’s kinda good actually). No positive tests the whole time.

jesus. love having outdated bullshit tests

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
My boss asked me to go out to lunch with him and it really wasn't optional. So wish me luck (we did pick an outdoor uncrowded place)

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

My boss asked me to go out to lunch with him and it really wasn't optional. So wish me luck (we did pick an outdoor uncrowded place)

consider a bisque if they got it

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021
pretend I said borsch

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

BusError posted:

same, :rip:

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
Got one last box of pax from test2treat, just had to answer a few questions and had my prescription ready to go in no time. Their normal shipping was out of stock, but apparently my local CVS has it. Glad we are ending this dangerous tool, far too easy to use.

Indoor Dying
Dec 13, 2022
I love that there's a "Tell Us How We Did" survey email right before the one telling me that they are out of medicine

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

These are my Sailor Mercury covid screens

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022

can't you just control whether you unmask and/or eat because of your personal bodily autonomy?

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

maxwellhill posted:

can't you just control whether you unmask and/or eat because of your personal bodily autonomy?

maybe if you aren't a team player!

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.

dxt posted:

maybe if you aren't a team player!

This is honestly my biggest (and only) Covid-related fear at this point; I'm the only one who masks at work naturally and while my boss is cool and my colleagues haven't given me any grief about it or anything either, I'm worried some big wig will get Extremely Mad about me wearing an Aura and I'll be first on the chopping block because of it.

ColdBlooded has issued a correction as of 22:35 on Apr 15, 2024

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

BusError posted:

You can rest easy knowing that the last boxes of Pax were given to a pregnant woman (for her to take to the dumpster because she can't afford to take maternity leave).

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021

Sure is great how bosses can just do this.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
BBC, talking about an artist in Illinois,

quote:

It’s June 2021. The pandemic and lockdown is still with us.

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021
Has anyone tried to use the updated COVID therapeutics locator?

https://treatments.hhs.gov/

I've tried it on a few devices, if you search for Paxlovid you just get a blank map lol

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

Platystemon posted:

BBC, talking about an artist in Illinois,

illinois had indoor dining back albeit with 'social distancing' over a year before that hmmm

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

dxt posted:

Got one last box of pax from test2treat, just had to answer a few questions and had my prescription ready to go in no time. Their normal shipping was out of stock, but apparently my local CVS has it. Glad we are ending this dangerous tool, far too easy to use.

nevermind, went to go pickup at CVS and they wanted a $364 copay. We have the tools!

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

ColdBlooded posted:

This is honestly my biggest (and only) Covid-related fear at this point; I'm the only one who masks at work naturally and while my boss is cool and my colleagues haven't given me any grief about it or anything either, I'm worried some big wig will get Extremely Mad about me wearing an Aura and I'll be first on the chopping block because of it.

Same. There was an all company meeting with big wigs from corporate in today and I was of course the only one masked. So far so good though!

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Steve Yun posted:

that said a lot of the blame for accidents in recent years brings to the airlines for skimping out on maintenance

This part has always been true. Feel lucky that you live in a world that already learned things like "you should be careful when taking an engine off".

Baddog
May 12, 2001

dxt posted:

nevermind, went to go pickup at CVS and they wanted a $364 copay. We have the tools!

haha I got mine filled at costco, I'll report back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

dxt posted:

lmfao