Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PoundSand)

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Gunshow Poophole posted:

this is actually exactly how a simulated virus would respond to being aggressively confronted with the set of treatment guidelines and screens we've set up around paxlovid

lmaooooo

Oops! All evolutionarily tautological!

This was exactly what I was thinking when I read that.

Policy-driven evolution lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

text editor
Jan 8, 2007
ngl after reading some /r/antiwork posts from tipped workers I've considered doing cash tips only and clipping a small note to it that just says legally managers/owners cannot demand a cut of tips or participate in pooled tips

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

woke up feeling like poo poo for the first time in more than four years. stomach hurt a little, too.

took three antigen tests and a lucira, all negative

no fever, just body aches, no appetite, etc. no coughing, sneezing.

i guess i'll just chalk this up to....????

Try again in a day or 3

text editor
Jan 8, 2007
this isn't the alternative medicine thread but I want to ask if anyone else has seen that wild "Somatic Breathwork" poo poo that claims to be able to reset your nervous system and release trapped emotions (whatever that means) through breathing exercises.

if you see the short clips of the breathing exercises they do, it 100% looks like that passout game I saw friends do as a teenager where you exhale all the air in your lungs and have someone press on your chest until you black out

text editor
Jan 8, 2007
I don't think I've reported posts in over a decade because I constantly come under the posting equivalent of the bystander effect, I see something gross or bad and say "that's too terrible to ignore, someone probably already sent a report about it"

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

I get that most home pools probably spend a lot of time unused and the idea of recouping some of the cost might be tempting but there is no way the liability of letting strangers rent your pool for a few hours is worth whatever fraction of $25/hr the uber of pools gives you as a cut

probably would lose money if your homeowners insurance found out.

text editor
Jan 8, 2007
Apparently the ebola thing is fake but one person so far has died at the event so far, and also apparently they are rained in and are being told to conserve food.

they are all SV techbros though so if anyone at burning man was in any danger they would be airdropping in food supplies and hospitality staff along with care packages of Adderall

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Steve Yun posted:

https://twitter.com/bnofeed/status/1699872581506023593?s=46

wow Jill Biden drone spiked the Spanish prime minister

Xi backed out like hours before the Jill Biden announcement hit

I like to think he doomscrolls cspam with us to keep up with waves

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Baddog posted:

Google sucks*

Anyone see if the moderna pediatric (6 months to 11 year old) dosage for this one is different than the adult? Pediatric seems to be 0.25ml, but I don't see the updated adult dosage anywhere. Less than a month away from 12, feels weird to give him the same size shot as a baby.

https://assets.modernatx.com/m/2cbc...-US-English.pdf

*just drowning in a sea of old vaccine (dis)info

Where I work our system tracks vaccine lots all by cap color, dosages are all listed here

https://www.fda.gov/media/159306/download

I think they all share the same CVX code though, I'll have to look tomorrow

Nope, separate codes

text editor has issued a correction as of 05:54 on Sep 13, 2023

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Baddog posted:

Oh poo poo, you actually got a pediatric vaccine? How old is your kid? Did you see if this was an actual different dosage than adults?

I've just been on the phone with state health and the federal cdc vaccines line (800-232-0233), and they have zero loving clue. Keep pointing me to vaccines.gov, which has the old bivalent data up.

My pediatrician's front desk was like "they haven't released it yet, we don't know what it is".

Here are the six new ones I had to add to a system this week:

Pfizer COVID-19 23/24 - 30mcg / .3ml --- CVX 309 (Pfizer Fall 2023 12 years and older)
Pfizer COVID-19 23/24 - 10mcg / .3ml --- CVX 310 (Pfizer Fall 2023 5 years through 11 years of age)
Pfizer COVID-19 23/24 - 3mcg / .3ml --- CVX 308 (Pfizer Fall 2023 6 months through 4 years of age)

Novavax COVID-19 23/24 - 5mcg / .5ml --- CVX 313 (Novavax Fall 2023 12 years and older)

Moderna COVID-19 23/24 - 50mcg / .5ml --- CVX 312 (Moderna Fall 2023 12 years and older)
Moderna COVID-19 23/24 - 25mcg / .25ml --- CVX 311 (Moderna Fall 2023 6 months through 11 years of age)

https://www2a.cdc.gov/vaccines/iis/iisstandards/vaccines.asp?rpt=cvx

text editor
Jan 8, 2007
Our estimated delivery date from the start was September 30th.

I believe the 2 new RSV vaccines (Pfizer and GSK) and the new monoclonals the CDC just assigned CVX codes to should be shipping that time as well if I heard correctly

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

CGI Stardust posted:

https://twitter.com/DrJBhattacharya/status/1668419152992940032
has anyone read this yet? it seems powerfully cursed

I think the first chapter is subtitled "It is tyranny to turn 911 into anything other than a joke in your town"

text editor
Jan 8, 2007
don't know if it matters if beef stew coworker has RSV because apparently the monoclonals are only intended for like age 2 and under

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

Then I realized, uh, we wouldn't go through that much toilet paper in 4 years what in the world.

It's an illusion. half of that toilet paper magically turns to dust that will rapidly coat surfaces in and near your restroom

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

This is true only in the sense that I will sometimes use the slightest tickle in my throat to take some sick time off work without feeling like I'm lying

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Steve Yun posted:

oKay came across a new failure mode for vflexes

rubber bands got stretched out enough that now it doesn’t get a tight seal

I knot those elastic bands once in the morning and maybe again midday to make it a bit tighter, no problems so far

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Frosted Flake posted:

Can someone please explain the pit bull thing. I can see that it's a class thing, but I don't understand why.

The XL Bully thing is a bit different from other pitbulls, which are mostly just mutts you can find for free at any shelter in America.

The XL Bully dogs that man is protesting on behalf of are the mutant super-jacked extra wide pitbulls that breeders in the UK and the US have been breeding specifically for douchebags that want some massive 150 lbs of pure muscle squared-head dogs that cost like $5000 each

The first class of pitbulls are the ones that a lot of poor families have which tend to be more aggressive than other dog breeds due to them descending from fighting dogs, though the overwhelming majority aren't because a lot of those behaviors have been bred out (a lot of them are mutts born from strays).

Sometimes you see some goofy mutt ones, a shelter I volunteered at had a pitbullxbassett or dachshund who had the muscles of a pitbull but had a really low center of gravity so he was hard to move when leashed. He unfortunately got euthanized for 'lunging at a cameraman" (I was told) after the director took him to a local TV segment

text editor
Jan 8, 2007
That's why I opted for delivery when I did it a week ago

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Baddog posted:

We *all* should be calling our local hospitals and pushing them on their covid policies, not just the immune compromised. I don't understand what you are not getting about "the time to push for policy change is when you are healthy(ish), not when you need someone to change your wet bedsheets". At that point you're absolutely at their mercy, and some of them are vindictive and petty as gently caress. This isn't just a masking issue - getting on the wrong side of someone when you are in pain is surprisingly easy. That's part of why you need a friend there, to hopefully smooth things over and mediate and remember to say "please and thank you" for you. Or just to run down and get a blanket off the stack, instead of you hammering the call button and becoming "omg that guy in 4 wants something AGAIN."

How many staff members do people normally interact with on a short stay, especially outpatient procedures?

When I think of trying to get workers to be accommodating for requests they don't normally get, I'm reminded of some article I read years ago (probably here) where someone did a social experiment of sorts to see what kinds of plane/hotel upgrades and other comps just by discreetly greasing palms with $20 bills and they were able to get a lot out of it.

Part of me wants to try slipping $20 maybe folded into a heart or something with a wrapped aura and see if that works. It's not insultingly low or suspiciously high, it's "thank you for being accommodating, lunch is on me" money

*Obviously other creative non-cash bribes could work too

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

NeonPunk posted:

https://twitter.com/IsraelRadar_com/status/1764698245572276513

C'mon Covid, you got one shot at this to redeem yourself for everything youve done🙏

Considering in like the last 48 hours the heads of his press dept. quit, Hezbollah claims they stopped 2 incursions into Israel by Golani brigade, and a US embassy staff are investigating one of their diplomats found dead in their apartments, It's probably equally likely Bibi has a bad case of the viral Mossaditis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

I feel at this point it's prudent to ask if we are feeding the chickens cow poo poo