Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PoundSand)

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

U-DO Burger posted:

lol you're a mod now, goondolences :rip:

(fosborb entering mod forum in full ppe)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbDz43aq78w

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
bg3 but you're infected with og covid and plugging covid variants directly into your brain

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

aw frig aw dang it posted:

I've never gotten covid and haven't ever worn anything more than a cloth mask. anyone needs tips hmu

if you don't go to high density events/indoor seating a bunch you basically are gonna find it harder to get I think unless somebody brings it to you (hence why parents, and teachers ofc, are always mega-owned) I've been unmasked 4eva and haven't gotten that poo poo but also work in an area with huge air circulation (i.e. outdoor air not recirculated), so dealing with a decent amount of ppl but not many at once. that + the goons natural proclivities sort of shields you from common firing lanes covid wise, is my theory.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Cuttlefush posted:

tylenol really should be more regulated. no way it would get to be otc like it is and jammed into everything in the us if it wasnt old and big

its a us thing because its basically used as a panacea for all the poo poo that owns you but you still have to go to work/wherever. iirc europeans don't have remotely the tablet amounts(or mg per pill which push right up against the limit) you can get otc here

Homeless Friend has issued a correction as of 21:48 on Aug 21, 2023

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

jetz0r posted:

My doctor gave me 39 boxes of pax to use at raves this summer

throw it straight in the trash and ask for more.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
if i wanted best looks id go to the YLLS fashion thread. (looks in there) nevermind

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Shiroc posted:

My old lovely dentist forced me to take a vicodin prescription that I didn't want. I never got it filled but he absolutely would not let me leave the building without taking the paper.

take it then put it in whoevers got bad knees christmas stocking. family member of the year…

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

trust your doctor and only take medication they prescribe and dont horde

its when you because a true tower of pills like 65+ y/o's that you actually have to do this. you're basically a human/pill hybrid jenga tower

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
the easiest way to post in qcs is to say stuff normally (tall order for goons). you are unbeatable as the other person is without a doubt gonna freak tf out or you’ll run out the clock. boomshakalaka

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

trashy owl posted:

Risking the death of my spouse for some sweet brunch is surely worth it, am I right?

thats literally how doc mitchells wife dies lol

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Phigs posted:

If you're posting in this thread you're basically posting under a don't lose your temper rule. Everything you do has to be measured and rational because anything too high strung is a sign you're about to go blow up a Costco with a pipe bomb in a Darth Vader suit.

I'm not really joking. This is not a thread to get pulled into dumb slapfights with trolls if you can't keep your temper under control or prevent yourself from saying anything stupid in an argument.

thats been true in cspam, SA and irl forever.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
I was talking to lady who got owned my a cotsco clerk because they do the check now and she was like the only person in line holding her poo poo in both her hands and it was her "this motherfucker" moment i let her vent while making fun of her being owned. she never said she was going to get a gun tho lol.. makes u think

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Phigs posted:

The scrutiny makes it different. You could have that same meltdown in a random thread in these forums and chances are no mod would end up seeing it.

People in the thread need to understand they have to have more restraint.

Sorta, you can post like a psycho as long as you do a wink and nod appropriately. you have to use cspam irony protections. then it falls onto the personal judgement of the poster by the mod and not the post.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

bedpan posted:

already bring a gun to costco but that is because I open carry and not because of anything COVID related

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
i never noticed his sick mug

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

"computer toucher" becoming the default insult on this forum is like the most spider-man pointing at spider-man thing possible

computer toucher spotted…

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Rick posted:

Thank you former employer for firing me so I cannot be insulted for touching computers upon the Something Awful forum.

praying 4 next big disease so UI spigot comes back.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

silicone thrills posted:

We're all touching computers to post on this site. Even ur phone is a little computer.

NONE OF YOU IS FREE FROM SINS

Siri call this guy computer toucher

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
my only computer toucher sin is finally folding and getting a mechanical keyboard, membrane keys are superior imo but theres no non weirdo 2.4ghz

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
i miss the plexi because it was a huge windbreak, you could put stuff down and it wouldnt fly away….

it was also below headlevel now that i remember lol

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
when i wants omething outside of the IK purview i put pray emojis in the reason and it happens 50% of the time. tried and true

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
sagas got KM’d. thats the facts. theyve been owned beyond belief

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

wtf chickenpox is airborne? gotta be droplet/airborne dichotomy im assumin

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Poppers posted:

Can we at least acknowledge that wearing a mask is less comfortable than not wearing a mask

depends on the mask. also depends on whats happenin. working in anplace that dusty af is like being superman

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Zugzwang posted:

New JAMA study on the effects of China dropping their zero covid policy: https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamanetworkopen/fullarticle/2808734

tl; dr: the authors estimate 1.87 million excess deaths in 2 months

what’s that break down to per 100000 vs the us

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

eXXon posted:

Still wishing there were a politically acceptable third way between zero covid and open biden, maybe it's just missing a catchy name not like choose your own covid.

goons loaded up with combat gear/guns and a n95 with a 5% badge

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
i came up with the answer within the capitalist framework (outside of half assed lockdowns) way back in 2020: deliberate infections of covid. Instead of overrunning hospitals by random function of waves, industrialize the infection for the purposes of basically getting covid infection under supervision. this unfortunately was too based to exist. they already gave out massive handouts to plebes in theend so you could just give a smaller handout and get to go to covid infection summer camp. Impossible to be this foresighted in reality smdh. I should get a job at Mckinsey

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Dog Case posted:

I never missed a day of work because of COVID. Here's an ancient Snoo art where the yellow ribbons were from a picture I took of a quarantine themed break room party at work

We're hiring! gently caress You. always makes me lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
snoo did the move of being able to dish it out but not take it, doomed to destruction