Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PoundSand)

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

missing that new thread smell...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

milkandbananas posted:

Hi thread. long time lurker, first time poster here.
I'd like to thank you for all your efforts in trying to keep people informed and safe in these poo poo times.

I have a job interview tomorrow and am feeling quite nervous about it regarding masking. should I mention it at all or wait to see if they inquire? I just don't want them to think I'm irresponsibly doing the interview while sick, although it seems many people would find that less concerning than masking for protection nowadays.
any guidance/anecdotes or even some positive words would be a great help.

I have had great success with telling people (half-truthfully) that I live with immunocompromised people. For some reason, not protecting myself but someone else instead is more acceptable to the type of ghoul who will gently caress you up for masking.

e: hella beaten and should have noticed what page i was on before replying but this is still a valid strategy, imho

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Steve Yun posted:

my friend got free pax a week ago

I’m not sure about test2treat as of this week

California is still providing for free paxlovid through the end of this year, at least through sesamecare and maybe other services

edit: for Medicare and uninsured

i'd been holding off on getting backup pax but gently caress it :ca:

Oracle posted:

it’s because you’re not showing weakness by being afraid of getting sick, you’re showing that you’re a protector of the weak by sacrificing your comfort to keep some other weak person safe. This is sufficiently manly that the testosterone poisoned will begrudgingly allow it. (it also protects their ego by making it ok for them to continue not to mask because they don’t live with anyone immunocompromised).

yup. a few folks have said parts of this to my face, its a strange disconnect