Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PoundSand)

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

salient posted:

it would be cool if there was literally any osha enforcement at all. looking at osha 29 cfr part 1910.134 and it seems p clear employers have to provide n95s and fit testing for employees but apparently the local disability services org thinks they have an exception? an employee was telling me their supervisor says because they work with clients and not patients they don't have to provide ppe when the group homes have active covid outbreaks

Iirc, one of the things Trump did immediately was ensure that OSHA would have no power to say or do poo poo to employers wrt Covid. An early crack/ping for me.

"We gotta get ahead of this thing! Make sure the poors can't sue the rich over this!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

U-DO Burger posted:

got BA.X COVID? get Paxlovid

It's like poetry it rhymes

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

eXXon posted:

Some people think covid is airborne, others just want to wash their hands of the whole affair.

jesus coughed, pilate washed his hands

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

inferis posted:

Susan Myres knows to some people it may sound illogical to end marriages later in life, especially when death could be looming.
But as a divorce attorney in Houston with decades of experience, she’s heard plenty of reasons from older clients who are calling it quits.
“I had one client tell me, ‘I do not want to die next to that man – I’m out,’” Myres says, noting that differing perspectives on vaccines, masks and politics during the pandemic seems to have played a role in many recent cases that have come across her desk.

Close the Covid thread, it is making boomers get divorced.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
https://www.reddit.com/r/Seattle/comments/15v1q62/anybody_need_roughly_1500_bottles_of_hand/

a lol for the day

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

you thought it was just a cold or something, but nope

it was-ah da Cov

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

wow, looks terrible, the horror, we must never go back to that

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

"You'd all be dead now if it wasn't for my David!"

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Rochallor posted:

Apologies if this is starting to get off-topic, but christ I cannot imagine having money and wanting to go to Applebee's. I don't have money and don't want to go to Applebee's. What is wrong with America's rich?

We have dragged the upper classes down, just not in a good way.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Zerg Mans posted:

Whats the current cdc regs on boosters going into fall?

"Wash your hands."

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Healthcare in America goes by boxing rules: Protect yourself at all times.

Now shake hands, gentlemen.

And then please use hand sanitizer.

And you may remove your mouth guards, I read on Facebook that they don't work. I'm a referee, I couldn't possibly be wrong.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Platystemon posted:

I would like to discuss why Dr. Michael Thomas Osterholm, MPH, director of CIDRAP at the University of Minnesota, last fall appeared to say that he himself had obtained Paxlovid before contracting a case and encouraged members of the public to do the same.

quote:

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/covid-19/positive-note posted:
So to summarize, one, I'm out there living my life right now, but I'm taking precautions in a way that does not mean I can't live my life, but I am not putting myself at risk. I'm using my N95, I'm fully vaccinated, I have my Paxlovid. I have a protocol for family members and friends getting together, and its surely does add another wrinkle to life.

The following week,

quote:

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/covid-19/time-be-thankful-alert posted:
This is truly, truly a time where we appreciate our health care workers more than ever. And finally, let me just say, get your vaccine, both COVID and influenza. Have your Paxlovid ready to go or at least be able to get at it if you should get COVID. And do not be afraid or uncomfortable to wear your N95 in public. Go wherever you want to go with it. I today am proud of it, and I want everyone to understand that together we can do much more to protect ourselves in public settings if we want.

The good doctor exercised a certain amount of discretion in his guidance, but I do believe that “I have Paxlovid on hand, and you should, too” is the plain reading of his statements.

For all future reference, this is the doctor I talked to.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Trust doctors, but remember to factor in your Trust Doctor Handicap, just like your Golf Handicap:

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

captainbananas posted:

a good million+ americans were thrown in a ditch

We have the tools. (they are shovels)

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Trashcandental Meditation

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Lib and let die posted:

look at this fuckin' guy

Isn't this that Christian Bale gun kata movie?

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

nexous posted:

the US has ordered more than 50% of all globally produced paxlovid courses. I’d be concerned about pax resistant variants if there weren’t 8 billion people who couldn’t get pax making new strains

"Timmy, don't have Paxlovid. There are starving children in Africa who can't even get Paxlovid."

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

captainbananas posted:

the public health equivalents of tom friedman more or less agree with you

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/08/23/health/masks-covid-surge-wellness/index.html

The fact that CNN, altar of the priests of Everything Is Normal, is saying this should be disturbing.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Celebs encouraging voting for Biden: "of course, most important election in history"

Celebs encouraging masking: "this is indicative of nothing, 'increase' could mean anything, Applebee's calls unto me and I am enthralled by half-off appetizers, you are certifiably insane if you disagree"

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
The unofficial secret motto of the culinary industry is "NEVER call in sick."

Line cook was the deadliest American profession wrt Covid in 2020 and 2021.

"Lockdowns" my loving rear end. These people never stopped eating out. And blue collar people died for it, almost entirely POC.

You're insane if you think about this or remember it though.

Animal-Mother has issued a correction as of 16:10 on Aug 24, 2023

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
"I like turtles" kid devastated

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Normies at work are expressing concern about the wave that is happening slash upcoming. These are individuals who I can't recall ever being openly worried before. I think it's dawning on a lot of people now that this is the rest of our lives, barring a pharmaceutical miracle.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Dead dogs wag no tales.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
bless da globe wit da pestilence, da hard headed neva learn

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Over. :colbert:

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

The power of the dope addict lobby can't be understated.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Koirhor posted:

if things were that bad someone would do something

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

bedpan posted:

am I dream or was part of the early COVID discourse that you'd be shouted down for being antivax if you mentioned to likelyhood of boosters being necessary?

Can't really remember. Decided to ctrl-f my covid journal for the first mentions of "anti-vax" and was surprised to see my first entry with it is quoting a goon in November of 2020 who said,

quote:

We both expect that Trump is going to go full anti-vax after he's dragged out of office as "revenge" against Pfizer and Moderna for "hiding" the results of their trials until after the election and making him lose, which is just going to embolden the anti-vax people. "It's not that bad, everyone around me that got it lived, and you will to, and you'll be stronger than someone who was vaccinated because it's REAL IMMUNITY." Can see the tweet now.

Kinda funny that didn't exactly pan out. I didn't make a note of who posted that, sorry unknown goon.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
"wavelet"

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Pingui posted:

Covid certainly didn't take a vacation this summer

drat, even diseases are suffering in this economy

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

U-DO Burger posted:

my in-laws travelled to Ireland for a week and just got back. My father-in-law was experiencing "the worst cough of his life" on the plane back, unmasked. Mother-in-law observed that it seemed like everyone on the flight had the same cough for some reason.

You get Covid from the Irish.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
My buddy got accosted in a store for wearing a mask. "The mask will give you cancer! Do your research! Sheep!"

"Sir, we're three years into this. What makes you think anybody, on any side, will change their mind at this point?"

".......... gently caress you!"

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Just realized that in addition to our staffing problem getting worse because the rear end in a top hat boss is running people off by being an rear end and also never solving our staffing problem, we're going to have people out sick left and right when the students swarm in for fall quarter and bring the pestilence with them.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

its so loving wild that there are doctors and nurses who are vehemently against ppe

your patients are sick. do you want to get sick from your patients? dont they... teach this sort of thing at med school?

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Life is just Prometheus and Bob over and over.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
My old man called me to tell me he finally got got. He seemed interested in trying to get Pax. He said he knows people whose doctors told them not to take it, but that could be for a variety of medication complication reasons.

Right now it sounds like he's gonna be fine. What bothers me is that this will just keep happening, year after year, from now on. I suppose mortality was always like that, though.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Dad's doctor prescribed Paxlovid immediately. :black101:

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

she's a doctor, she should have known better

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012