Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PoundSand)

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

The Voice of Labor posted:

I notice missing from the op is how pat from achewood would approach covid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

fail apology started off ok but veered into cringe because you were embarrassed at your own sincerity. verdict is you suck at communism because you ignore material conditions in favor of vibes.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Im in an airport without a mask for the first time since uhhh 2018?? It weird

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Lib and let die posted:

WOW, eugenics much????????????????????

i wore a mask everywhere religiously even in places where I was the only one masking, to protect my grandparents and parents. Now all 4 grandparents and my dad are dead from covid but not covid i gave them. Neat!

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

wow this thread condones lying to doctors??

lying is great in general. rich ppl got no qualms about doing it. if it benefits you and doesn't hurt anyone, lie !!

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Salt Fish posted:

"It's up to each individual to make their own personal-public-health decisions"
"No! Not like that!"

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Rochallor posted:

Apologies if this is starting to get off-topic, but christ I cannot imagine having money and wanting to go to Applebee's. I don't have money and don't want to go to Applebee's. What is wrong with America's rich?

trump's favorite restaurant is mcdonalds

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Baddog posted:

recent Fauci BBC interview

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us-canada-66643426

We're gonna go through more surges, its not seasonal, but almost everyone has some degree of "herd immunity" and (minimizingly) "the vulnerable will fall by the wayside". I swear to god I can remember that in 2019 saying poo poo like that would have been shocking as hell to people.

lol "the vulnerable will fall by the wayside" might as well be his epitaph, that's what his plan was for HIV too. one trick pony mf

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Fansy posted:

I hate when advocates say they're against mandates. Grow a spine or don't mention the word.

auth left is the light and the way. all kinds of poo poo has to be mandated and backed up by force. all the bad things already happen that way, why not make some good things happen that way. no tankie? no thank ye.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

The Oldest Man posted:

The political and bureaucratic apparatus in this country appears to be a corpse to superficial inspection but some folks at OSHA looked at COVID and were like "drat, this is a workplace hazard" and wrote a bunch of draft rules about mitigating it that leaked onto the internet in April 2021. Rules that, if they were put into force, would have made employers liable for people getting injured by COVID if they contracted it on the job and the employer was found to not be following the rules on things like air quality control. Plus the precedent that if those rules were strengthened later, people would have to comply or face regulatory action or lawsuits.

That dead-rear end could not be allowed to happen. The biden admin ripping their masks off in June 2021 and saying covid is over, mild, and fine, even as Delta was ripping through India so badly they ran out of wood for the funerary pyres in Delhi was the direct reaction of the entrenched neoliberal elites to a state bureaucracy that isn't fully captured trying to do its job. You want to try to protect people from a disease? gently caress you, we'll re-invent reality and disappear the disease entirely. That was the response. OSHA leadership scrapped almost the entirety of the draft rules and the rest is history.

https://news.bloomberglaw.com/safety/osha-covid-19-rule-intended-to-cover-all-workers-draft-shows

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

it said the results are accounting for confounding variables :smugdog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Animal-Mother posted:

I would like to see a country based on a joke.

every country is based on a joke