Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PoundSand)

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

declared thread bankruptcy so hard it went into new administration

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

ladies and gentlemen, we got em

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

Colin Mockery posted:

my parents want me to visit them in a couple weeks but they won't mask anymore because no one else does and they don't want to look like crazy freaks, so im going to roll the dice because i love my parents more than i love my lungs

pray for me, thanks

can you get some carrageenan nasal spray? might as well take all the buffs you can

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

bedpan posted:

expanded my paxlovid hoard today. went to the pharmacy and said I was the paxlovid inspector and walked away with 50 boxes

I'm the paxlovid tax collector. you owe the state 10 boxes, just sign right here and I'll handle it for you

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

same with bike gear. physical comfort versus social discomfort

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

Woodsy Owl posted:

Same. Chemist Direct parcel is in the post. I also took the opportunity to buy some of that sweet sweet Novamin Sensodyne that they can't sell in the US.

To be clear, the Flo boxes from Amazon have seals but they are broken. Specifically the bottom seal. Bought two, both bottom seals broken.

good to know. I bought two bottles from Amazon earlier (didn't find chemist direct or other places when I tried) and the seals were intact for me :shobon: I figure it's random cause of co-mingling

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

hailthefish posted:

public health definitionally requires giving half a dusty gently caress about other people and possibly even occasionally inconveniencing yourself to protect other people, who you may not even personally know!, from harm

so you know that poo poo has gotta go

if you live your life you'll inevitably get into car accidents. I got into a minor car accident just last week and was totally fine! why do we even need any of these stupid laws.

*accelerates aggressively to the next light 100ft down the road, mowing down flexposts*

corona familiar has issued a correction as of 18:33 on Aug 26, 2023

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

C-R cubes are also kinda loud and large, so a commercial purifier or a different DIY design (like the PC fan one) might suit some use cases better. They specifically optimize for CADR performance vs operating cost at the expense of almost every other characteristic.

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

smelly goblin posted:

I need some recommendations for n95 masks. Im a woman with a small face and a somewhat flat nose bridge so I can never get a seal on auras, masks with the metal cincher things never work for me bc my nose bridge shape. I have a secure click respirator but I don't always wanna wear that esp to the doctors. Suggestions?

most masks I've seen have a nose wire. have you tried 3M 9502 (https://www.northernsafety.com/Product/400204/Particulate-Respirator-9502N95-500-EaCase) or 3M 9105S (the small version of the V-Flex?)

if those don't fit, could also try the lightweight Jackson Safety masks (https://www.northernsafety.com/Product/355196/N95-Disposable-Particulate-Respirator-50Bag) since they have a different duckbill shape

otherwise the Avery Dennison adhesive masks (cheapest vendor I know of is https://alliantbiotech.com/), or adding some bandage tape to the nose, might be your best bet

I'll grab links one sec

corona familiar has issued a correction as of 20:43 on Sep 1, 2023

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

Pillowpants posted:

Massachusetts hasnt reported covid hospitalizations in 2 months now.

West Virginia stopped reporting them a month ago.

New Mexico has only reported one since July.

and Minnesota only has 6?

well yeah, COVID is over

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

Death of Innocence posted:

What are you guys doing for haircuts? Do you just hold the mask in place when you take the straps off?

i used to go in with an elastomeric and hold it to my face so I could do seal checks periodically

nowadays I bought a 50pk of the ugly yellow readimasks and that should tide me over til COVID is over (lol)

fwiw the person who cut my hair said she liked the color :sun:

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

Platystemon posted:

Here’s my hypothesis:

Pirola has carved out a niche for itself. It’s relatively good at infecting international travellers, who tend to have had recent XBB infections and put themselves in a lot of superspreader situations, but it can’t move quite as fast as Eris and Fornax in the general population.

So in addition to the “what if” of Pirola simply becoming better at infecting cells, we have “what if the general population starts to look more like international travellers, as XBB seropositivity increases and people are brought together in the fall and winter?”

when did they name a variant after the sex magazine from mass effect

:edi:

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

never forget (that COVID is over)

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

nexous posted:

Covid is over why do these people keep announcing it

my semi-annual "i got COVID and it's mild" tweet has absolutely nobody, not a single person, asking any questions whatsoever

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

maxwellhill posted:

what's this thread's opinion on the five second rule? good? bad?

this is how the guy in osmosis jones almost died fyi

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

anyone have the week over week variant breakdown chart that shows roughly the proportion of BA.2.86 vs other variants? I forgot who posts them and I tried looking through the last 40 pages and couldn't find it

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

ah thanks I literally found it as you posted :stonkhat:

it's buried deep in the CDC labyrinth

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

I'm rooting for hyvee 1

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

Pingui posted:

Well, you got your answer from Steve, while I was trying to figure out which one of these three you were thinking of with BA.2.86 (as BA.2.86 is not on the chart you actually wanted :P ):

wow thanks! yeah I realize BA.2.86 wasn't actually on the CDC chart that I had imagined but these are super useful

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

RandomBlue posted:

this is america, literally everything is a business

that hospital, incorporated
that church, incorporated
that homeless shelter, incorporated
that prison, incorporated
your rear end in a top hat neighbor, probably incorporated

your neighbor's rear end in a top hat, probably incorporated

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

Bastard Tetris posted:

I incorporated twice this week :v

due to weird legal reasons I had to make multiple consultant groups because America

I'm incorporating right now

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

eXXon posted:

I have a booster appointment later this week. Woke up with a sore throat and am getting extremely faint lines on rapid tests. Whoo...

sounds like the booster found you :smithcloud:

hang in there

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

I thought they buffed the area of effect in a major release over a year ago :hmmrona:

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

one lineage of flu eradicated, one thousand new lineages of COVID created :blessed:

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

maxing out my thread credit cards to ask if folks have gotten the moth shot (I'm assuming this means Novavax) and Moderna close to each other, or if there's a recommended waiting period

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

Petey posted:

i think there is a recommended waiting period of 3 months btwn shots?

hmmm okay I think I'll probably get the clot shot before the moth shot then

Petey posted:

still lolling that i was willing to put my body on the line for the novavax trial and never once bought stock. oh well!

probably a good thing all things considered

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

Gunshow Poophole posted:

lol it really is that easy

huge thanks to maxwellhill and dxt for posting about it lol

seems like ymmv in terms of questions asked. I tried to sign up and they're asking for photo ID

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

seems like test2treat does want your actual real life identity. I originally registered under a fake name and uninsured and then they asked me for photo ID

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

Gunshow Poophole posted:

i mean it's a prescription. unfortunately there are still some weird laws and regulations out there

yeah, it occurred to me after the fact that this was different than getting boosters :doh:

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

did they hire the onion to make this commercial

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

maybe they all tested beforehand and this is at a private residence :shobon:

when does the window close for free pax again? I should get on that test2treat train...

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

just got my moth shot today. feeling good.

also saw this: https://www.gamesindustry.biz/gabe-newell-ordered-to-make-in-person-deposition-for-valve-v-wolfire-games-lawsuit

quote:

Gabe Newell ordered to make in-person deposition for Valve v. Wolfire Games lawsuit

Valve CEO Gabe Newell has been ordered to attend an in-person deposition regarding an antitrust lawsuit filed by Wolfire Games.

In an order filed on November 16 in the US District Court for the Western District of Washington, Wolfire Games said Newell "is uniquely positioned to testify on all aspects of [Valve's] business strategy" and that an in-person deposition "would allow [it] to adequately assess Newell's credibility."

Newell had asked for a remote deposition due to concerns regarding COVID. However, the court said Newell has presented "insubstantial evidence to suggest that he is at particularised risk of serious illness" and, as a result, has been ordered to attend the deposition in person.

The order states that all participants have to wear masks during the deposition, and that Newell must remove his mask when answering questions.

cool that gabe still cares (or maybe it's a legal tactic) but lol at the mask instructions

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Survived surgery at least. it was triple bypass and I am currently heavily drugged. I am talking via avoice to text

:blessed:

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

for baby Yoda, headstraps actually less secure than ear straps

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

any alternatives to Flo nasal spray with a similar amount of iota-carrageenan? I used up most of a bottle on a recent trip to visit family and seems like the seller raised prices :negative:

kinda rolling the dice by buying off Amazon to begin with

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

Woke Mind Virus posted:

COVID is bad right now because I'm back to reading this thread

actually, it isn't

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

Hungry Squirrel posted:

I've been using it for three days, which I hoped would be enough to punch my ticket. I'm pretty sure that I can't find the radar because I'm doing something wrong, but the FAQ pages suck.

it's in the journal tab under the recordings

just took a look and it's just "every metro area is red". very useful :waycool:

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

Platystemon posted:

The old times are back.

Context:

why do you hate number

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

gradenko_2000 posted:

welp, spouse woke up with a high fever and just tested clearly positive for COVID, which means it's only a matter of time before I catch up to her

time for round two - at least it's been more than eight months since (and ~three months since getting boosted)

only your respirator trust, I believe in you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

Shadowisper posted:

So my father was in a rehab facility for a couple of weeks recovering from getting a rod put in his left leg as a preventative measure due to his stage 4 lung cancer. He was supposed to be released back into my care today, but instead is fighting for his life in an ICU with Covid and Flu A on a vent. As in most places these days, infection control and airborne virus prevention are non existent. gently caress this facility, and gently caress everyone else not taking this poo poo seriously. That's how I am spending New Years Eve hoping my father survives.

sending good vibes. gently caress cancer