Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PoundSand)

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

roffels posted:

I was just going to go to a Walgreens...

I don't even have a PCP

Before trying Walgreens, make sure you don't live in a US state where getting the MMR vaccine at a pharmacy requires a doctor's prescription (there's a handful of states with that requirement, easy google search). If you're in one of those states, you'll either need to get a prescription or instead get the shot from your local health department. Either way, ask whoever's giving you the MMR shot to make sure it's not expired. I found out both of those situations are possible when I was trying to get one last month, so I'll be trying my local health department next (I don't "think" those have any prescription requirements for MMR).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

Today is one of my on-site work days, and it’s just hitting all the classics so far.

I have to show a co-worker and my supervisor a website issue found yesterday, and not only is the only possible way to demonstrate it clearly by them looking directly over my shoulder for 15 minutes, but the co-worker multiple times let’s us know he’s just barely managing not to throw up the entire time. Weird, must be something going around.

That’s immediately followed up by a mandatory company-wide HR meeting with the presentation essentially being “Stress and anxiety make you unproductive, you probably can’t change the cause anyway, so chin up, buttercup. Also sure is great we’re past that pesky pandemic!”

I will continue to trust my respirator, thanks.

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

Kragger99 posted:

A question to the thread - is anyone still wiping down groceries? I am, but wouldn't be surprised if I was the last goon still doing it.

I still do, though since I only have to buy groceries for just me, it's not a big effort or time sink.

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

Sooooo... how much of a side-eye should I start giving the cute little wrens(?) nesting under my side porch roof? Rhetorical question, I don't mind them being there.

And it's me, I'm the guy not changing his diet for no stinkin' bird flu. :smuggo:

Because the milk I buy is already ultra-pasteurized, the few times I eat eggs they're scrambled, any cheese I eat as part of a meal is thoroughly cooked in an oven/microwave first, and I'll live if the few burgers/steaks I eat have to be cooked well-done.

I suppose I'll be forced to change once the prices become prohibitive or supply becomes unsustainable, but not until then!

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

Co-worker came down with covid over the weekend. From her description, she had some "mild" projectile vomiting a few days ago, then a very sore throat, low fever and is currently very tired. Hoping she fully recovers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

Today’s one of my required on-site work days. The coworker who got got a few weeks ago kindly used a sick day instead of coming in, because she actually cares about the whole not spreading disease thing.

To make up for it, a different coworker came in who has been intermittently coughing all day, and she just had to visit my cube specifically to tell me it was just allergies/asthma. Granted, it sounds like a dry cough and she otherwise seems normal, so maybe she’s right even if I’ve never heard her cough like this before. Nevertheless… N95, don’t fail me now.

Also, my milk belief is vegan milk doesn’t exist, because everybody knows milk comes out from teats and have you ever seen an almond with teats? :smuggo: Rule 34 doesn’t count