Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PoundSand)

Zantie
Mar 30, 2003

Death. The capricious dance of Now You Stop Moving Forever.
Washington state's Monkeypox (Mpox) update. Nothing big, seems like an earlier one was a duplication or misdiagnosis and got removed.

pre:
Cumulative
Mpox	Total	Change
Cases	699	-1
Hosp.	21	 -
pre:
Month Onset/	Older
Collection	Cases	Change
Jul 2023	1	-
Jun 2023	2	-
May 2023	0	-
Apr 2023	7	-
Mar 2023	6	-
Feb 2023	9	-
Jan 2023	15	-
Dec 2022	13	-
Nov 2022	19	-
Oct 2022	23	-
Sep 2022	134	-
Aug 2022	259	-
Jul 2022	190	-1
Jun 2022	16	-
May 2022	1	-
WA State Mpox Dashboard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zantie
Mar 30, 2003

Washington state's weekly update, cobbled together from the state's excel reports Cumulative Counts and EpiCurve Counts.

Recent Hospitalizations
Hospitalizations of Washington state residents dated by week of first admission due to confirmed or probable COVID-19.

pre:
Hosp.      Changes in state counts reported:			7-Day
week of:    4wk ago  3wk ago  2wk ago  1wk ago  This week	Total:
Aug 13            -        -        -        -       + 43          43
Aug 06            -        -        -       49      + 147         196
Jul 30            -        -       35      123       + 18         176
Jul 23            -       40      103       17        + 1         161
Jul 16           36       91       21        6        + 1         155
All Older       107       18        7       -1        + 5          
Recent Deaths
Deaths due to confirmed/suspected COVID-19 are dated week of death.

pre:
Deaths*    Changes in state counts reported:			7-Day
Aug 13            -        -        -        -        + 0           -
Aug 06            -        -        -        -        + 8           8
Jul 30            -        -        -        9        + 6          15
Jul 23            -        -        4        5        + 2          11
Jul 16            1        2        3        1        + 0           7
All Older        14       10        1        -        + 1         
And now for the least useful metric...

Recent Cases (Molecular + Antigen)
Cases are dated as first specimen date of either PCR or antigen test unless greater than 90 days since previous positive, then it is considered a reinfection.

pre:
Cases      Changes in state counts reported:			7-Day
Aug 13            -        -        -        -      + 405         405
Aug 06            -        -        -      610    + 1,619       2,229
Jul 30            -        -      575    1,522       + 60       2,157
Jul 23            -      413    1,246       43       + 12       1,714
Jul 16          403      952       28       18        + 1       1,402
All Older       891       92       40       10    + 1,516          
Weirdly most of the ~1,500 "All Older" cases added this week have sample dates from all over 2021 with a few from 2020. The oldest one is from a sample taken the week of Feb. 9th, 2020!

A lot of older hospitalization numbers got added and removed too, all around neighboring weeks of each other, but the net difference was just an additional five. Based on that I think, for the hospitalizations at least, what happened was a resort for date of admission. This is different from the older cases as they appear to be ones that weren't officially recorded to begin with.

Zantie
Mar 30, 2003

:ohdear:

Zantie
Mar 30, 2003

Maybe they finally got to go on that trip to Paris?

Zantie
Mar 30, 2003

PoundSand posted:

Appreciate this post, kind of a bummer because this is the first semester my wife has to go back to teach in person. 2021 Was distance due to covid protocals, she got fall 2022 off from fmla, and her department let her do spring virtually too cause she was still in chemo, but we wrapped up treatments this summer and now they all expect her to go back. Fortunately it's university teaching and she only has a couple classes a week and can stay home otherwise, but they always find ways to pull people in for meetings (and love to have them over lunch!) so we're a bit worried.

I wish your wife the best. I work at a university too but am thankfully research staff so I'm only really around grad students and in a super well ventilated building. I'll be posting wastewater graphs for 30 sewersheds in the state later tonight, so keep an eye out for that.

Maybe she can bring an Aranet4 CO2 meter with her to gauge how well ventilated her classroom and meeting spaces are? I still mask constantly but having that little number as a proxy really helped with my peace of mind. Plus it's just fun to experiment with too :science:

Zantie
Mar 30, 2003

Washington state's weekly wastewater update, cobbled together from the state's downloadable excel report and supplemented with scaled National Wastewater Surveillance System (NWSS) data when available. Solid lines are from WADoH data and white diamond dots applied to scale are from most recent CDC/NWSS data (if available).

I have distributed 30 sewersheds across 5 charts grouped by approximate geographical region and county. See the tables below for definitions of WADoH IDs. Details for each are listed in the table posted after the graph. Trend is labeled based on the change in averages between the most recent 7 and 14 days of measurements available.

Northwest Washington

pre:
Northwest Washington
County:		ID:	Date:	Trend:	Service Area:
Island		OH	Aug-11	UP	Oak Harbor
Jefferson	PT	Aug-09	STEADY	Port Townsend
Mason		HP	Jul-30	UP	Rustlewood, Shelton
Whatcom		LYN	Aug-10	UP	Lynden
King + Snohomish

pre:
King + Snohomish
King		BWT	Aug-08	UP	Bothell, Mill Creek, Redmond, Woodinville, Overflow from King County South and West Point Treatment Plants
King		KCS	Aug-08	STEADY	Auburn, Bellevue, Issaquah, Kent, Renton, Sammamish
King		WSPT	Aug-08	UP	Seattle, Shoreline, north King County, north Lake Wash., parts of south Snohomish
Snohomish	APP	Aug-07	STEADY	Lynnwood
Snohomish	ARL	Aug-08	DOWN	Arlington
Snohomish	EVR	Aug-08	UP	Everett
Snohomish	STAN	Aug-06	UP	Stanwood
Southwest Washington

pre:
Southwest Washington
Clark		MRPK	Aug-07	UP	Vancouver
Clark		SNCK	Aug-02	STEADY	Battle Ground, Ridgefield
Clark		VWS	Aug-02	DOWN	Vancouver Westside
Pierce		CC	Aug-11	DOWN	Browns Point, Dash Point, Dupont, Fife, Fife Heights, Frederickson, Graham, Lakewood, Milton, Orting, Parkland, South Hill, Spanaway, University Place
Pierce		PUY	Aug-10	UP	Puyallup
Thurston	LOTT	Aug-09	STEADY	Lacey, Olympia, Tumwater
Thurston	NISQ	Aug-08	STEADY	Nisqually
Central Washington

pre:
Central Washington
County:		ID:	Date:	Service Area:
Benton		KEN	Aug-07	DOWN	Kennewick
Benton		WRCH	Aug-10	DOWN	West Richland
Chelan		WWTP	Aug-10	DOWN	Wenatchee
Grant		EPH	Aug-09	STEADY	Ephrata
Kittitas	ELL	Aug-10	STEADY	Ellensburg
Okanogan	BRW	Aug-10	STEADY	Brewster
Yakima		YAK	Aug-10	UP	Yakima
Eastern Washington

pre:
Eastern Washington
Franklin	PAS	Aug-11	UP	Pasco
Spokane		RP	Aug-11	UP	Spokane
Spokane		SPK	Aug-11	UP	Spokane Valley
Walla Walla	WALLA	Aug-09	STEADY	Walla Walla
Whitman		PLM	Jul-28	UP	Pullman
King + Snohomish

pre:
King + Snohomish
King		BWT	Aug-08	UP	Bothell, Mill Creek, Redmond, Woodinville, Overflow from King County South and West Point Treatment Plants
King		KCS	Aug-08	STEADY	Auburn, Bellevue, Issaquah, Kent, Renton, Sammamish
King		WSPT	Aug-08	UP	Seattle, Shoreline, north King County, north Lake Wash., parts of south Snohomish
Snohomish	ARL	Aug-08	DOWN	Arlington
Snohomish	EVR	Aug-08	UP	Everett
Snohomish	STAN	Aug-06	UP	Stanwood
Southwest Washington

pre:
Southwest Washington
Clark		MRPK	Aug-07	UP	Vancouver
Clark		SNCK	Aug-02	STEADY	Battle Ground, Ridgefield
Pierce		CC	Aug-11	STEADY	Browns Point, Dash Point, Dupont, Fife, Fife Heights, Frederickson, Graham, Lakewood, Milton, Orting, Parkland, South Hill, Spanaway, University Place
Pierce		PUY	Aug-10	UP	Puyallup
Thurston	LOTT	Aug-09	UP	Lacey, Olympia, Tumwater
Thurston	NISQ	Aug-08	UP	Nisqually
Central Washington

pre:
Central Washington
County:		ID:	Date:	Service Area:
Benton		KEN	Aug-07	DOWN	Kennewick
Benton		WRCH	Aug-10	DOWN	West Richland
Chelan		WWTP	Aug-10	DOWN	Wenatchee
Grant		EPH	Aug-09	STEADY	Ephrata
Kittitas	ELL	Aug-10	STEADY	Ellensburg
Okanogan	BRW	Aug-10	STEADY	Brewster
Yakima		YAK	Aug-10	UP	Yakima
Eastern Washington

pre:
Eastern Washington
Franklin	PAS	Aug-11	UP	Pasco
Spokane		RP	Aug-11	UP	Spokane
Spokane		SPK	Aug-11	UP	Spokane Valley
Walla Walla	WALLA	Aug-09	STEADY	Walla Walla

Zantie
Mar 30, 2003

Zugzwang posted:

I love how many errors in Excel stem from "whoops there's an error in this critical cell that's difficult to find because what the gently caress does '$A$133' even mean anyway, or I clicked the wrong box when making this pivot table."

Sorry, goon. gently caress cancer.

Nice breakdown. Seems like there's spikes at odd intervals in many of these -- is that due to reporting?

It could be many things. During waves in particular I notice that it takes many weeks, usually months, for data to settle down. Much of it could be user error (typos from either hospital staff or public health officials, referencing wrong cells or misspellings). Sometimes I think duplicates occur when someone is initially hospitalized at one location then transferred to another hospital, sometimes several times, and not uncommonly across state lines.

I would love to see the "unknown" for the date of admission column go down for hospitalizations but it just goes up every week...All of my suggestions as to why older changes happen are hypothetical when I can't see how it changes each step of the way. Hell, for all I know someone forgot to replace an ink cartridge in a fax machine until now. It's a mess.

https://www.ktoo.org/2022/09/27/lack-of-data-blunted-alaskas-covid-response-new-york-times-investigation-shows/

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/13/upshot/coronavirus-response-fax-machines.html

https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/08/health/public-health-data-gaps-hhs-khn-partner/index.html

[edit] I'm tired and can't figure out how to get the url for the archived version of the NYT link. Anyway the problem has been around for awhile and I doubt it's been totally fixed since.

Zantie has issued a correction as of 06:10 on Aug 17, 2023

Zantie
Mar 30, 2003

Zantie
Mar 30, 2003

Lacrosse posted:

I'm losing my health insurance soon, YouTube is my doctor now

mawarannahr posted:

get on Apple health it's been useful for me. I used chpw

Yes to Apple Health. It's helped me out twice, once during actual unemployement and another when I was part-time without insurance.

Zantie has issued a correction as of 00:10 on Aug 18, 2023

Zantie
Mar 30, 2003

Pingui posted:

Slide deck on BA.X/BA.2.86/BA.6/Danish Variant/Frederiksen Variant/whatever you want to call it (from Bloom Lab):

We "only" have four sequences of this uploaded in a short amount of time in several different regions. Considering the absolutely pitiful amount of sequencing being done right now to the amount of sequencing being done in late 2021 when OG Omicron showed up, that does not instill any sort of confidence that this isn't already widely seeded.

[Edited to add]: Ryan sums it up well; if it spreads quickly there will be fewer mutations between the sequences than if it spreads slowly. At first it looked like there were quite a few differences between the sequences from different continents but that might actually be due to artifacts. We'll find out what the case is when more inevitably get uploaded now that more labs will be on the lookout.

https://twitter.com/LongDesertTrain/status/1692282979928703274

Rosalind posted:

I wrote a request to the Nebraska DHHS Epi department general email for access to the wastewater data from my academic email since I couldn't identify a contactperson. I will let this thread know if I hear anything back.

Please let us know what you find out!

Zantie has issued a correction as of 03:42 on Aug 18, 2023

Zantie
Mar 30, 2003

Pillowpants posted:

Why are these new variants worse than the other ones? My brain is having trouble comprehending this..perhaps because I am a walking COVID magnet, so could someone tell me what makes Eris and the other one terrible?

I'm seriously overly simplifying it, but the more mutations a new subvariant has away from what we currently have circulating, or previously had exposure to, the more "unrecognized" it is to our immune system. For generalized context Omicron had over 30 mutations different from the original in 2019 and this new one is >30 mutations different than Omicron.

People largely focus on mutations involving the spike protein that result an amino acid change, though I'd argue it's worth paying attention to regions other than the spike protein but that's a discussion for another day... Right now the new sublineage we're talking about (BA.2.86), its spike protein has >30 amino acid changes from it's parent of BA.2 (an omicron), it's also >30 compared to XBB.1.5 (an omicron recombinant), and has nearly 60 different from the original back in 2019. We don't know yet how quickly BA.2.86 is spreading or just how immune evasive it is because it's too early to tell. In general though it's a lot harder for our immune system to recognize and mount a quick response, whether it be from prior infection or vaccination or both, when a new one looks this different.

I'm like totally uninterested in EG.5.1/Eris now because of BA.2.86. EG.5.1 is one of many heading up our current wave but I'm looking past that at what will likely be the one after it.

Zantie has issued a correction as of 05:04 on Aug 18, 2023

Zantie
Mar 30, 2003

jetz0r posted:

Fixed to follow WHO guidelines.

:sludgepal:

Zantie
Mar 30, 2003

Zugzwang posted:

Do we know much about the new mutations yet? I remember when Omicron showed up, it was a who's who of all the possible mutations that experts were worried about, plus some more.

There's a list of them in the slides published by Bloom that Pingui linked earlier. They aren't encouraging though, mostly tied to the usual ones found in chronic infections. Obviously we don't know how these particular mutations may differ in presentation together vs separately either and most of what's outlined with them (regarding concern/severity) are based in hypotheticals.

Zugzwang posted:

(Doctors and scientists) :nsa:

lol

Zantie has issued a correction as of 05:58 on Aug 18, 2023

Zantie
Mar 30, 2003

Greg Legg posted:

It's just me and about 2 other people wearing masks where I work now. I'm not sure how it is in other parts of the country, but at least around here no one has ever given me poo poo for wearing a mask.

Ditto for me, I mask and one other labmate masks (still uses Powecom from when I gave her the link to them back in late 2020 :3:). There's another person who also regularly masks but they're in a different lab and I think part-time.

Sometimes I see an increase in masking when people come in sick. While I wish they'd wear one more regularly, I am incredibly thankful that, at least in my little corner of the world, it's been somewhat normalized to do.

Zantie
Mar 30, 2003

Pillowpants posted:

Good news guys! The CDC updated its variant sequencing data today. It's very helpfu...oh

I guess that is ok though - because the CDC updates its main wastewater data on Thursdays at 8pm. SEE!

Goddamn it

No worries though! Hospitalization Data is always updated on Friday mornings! gently caress

Ahahahahhah

lol

lmao

Guess I should start posting the Washington state variants here every week like I do for reddit since you guys don't get to see anything from the PNW anymore.

Anyway, best guess as to why the CDC is limiting the Nowcast info is because there aren't enough sequences being done from those communities to make an inference with their model. Lovely.

Zantie
Mar 30, 2003

Platystemon posted:

That can’t be true.

[snip]

e: I should emphasize that this is the March 2022 plan, from the same time as deprecating the community transmission map.

:actually:

Yeah, so much of that just isn't true anymore and I put a lot of blame on the public emergency ending earlier this year. The amount of sequences done per month for Washington state in Feb. compared to June went from over 2,000 to just 229 (60+ of which were from a separate airport surveillance program at SeaTac). July has at least edged up past 300 sequences.

And we're one of the "good ones" when it comes to states reporting. Oregon only reported 59 sequences from the entirety of June and a whopping 67 for July. Compare that to sequences from July of last year, Oregon reported over 2,400 and Washington reported over 6,900!

Zantie
Mar 30, 2003

StratGoatCom posted:

could I have some links for that?

https://gisaid.org/ I've got an account so I can log in and view it (though EpiFlu is still broke).

[edit] Found the public links for submission stats!

https://gisaid.org/submission-tracker-usa/

https://gisaid.org/submission-tracker-global/

I know there are a couple other goons who have GISAID access and I can't remember if you're one of them (sorry) but if you are the airport surveillance data is listed specifically in the Patient status metadata download file.

Zantie has issued a correction as of 03:13 on Aug 19, 2023

Zantie
Mar 30, 2003

StratGoatCom posted:

could I have some links for that?

Zantie posted:

https://gisaid.org/ I've got an account so I can log in and view it (though EpiFlu is still broke).

[edit] Found the public links for submission stats!

https://gisaid.org/submission-tracker-usa/

https://gisaid.org/submission-tracker-global/

Mississippi doing surprisingly well and popping up in the top 10 states submitting sequences collected in the past 30 days.

Note, I have not paid any attention to MS numbers in the past, for all I know this is normal.

Zantie
Mar 30, 2003

Pillowpants posted:

I guess that is ok though - because the CDC updates its main wastewater data on Thursdays at 8pm. SEE!

Goddamn it

Looks like they finally updated tonight. I still massively prefer the raw data from the usual daily upload file from https://data.cdc.gov/Public-Health-Surveillance/NWSS-Public-SARS-CoV-2-Concentration-in-Wastewater/g653-rqe2

Zantie
Mar 30, 2003

Steve Yun posted:

a 1 in 1000 death rate…

if everyone in the us was vaccinated and got Covid, that would be 330,000 dead

The disease I have (though arguably under-diagnosed) is estimated to develop in 1 out of 2,000 people over their lifetime. So no thank you to those odds!

Zantie
Mar 30, 2003

Zugzwang posted:

If we pushed it out of the US in the mid-20th century, surely we can all come together and get rid of it again :buddy:

The inland northwest has been growing Artemisia for decades, we'll be fine. assuming it's not totally drug resistant already

Zantie
Mar 30, 2003

Pingui posted:

Slide deck on BA.X/BA.2.86/BA.6/Danish Variant/Frederiksen Variant/whatever you want to call it (from Bloom Lab):

Zugzwang posted:

Thanks to you and Pingui :buddy:

I agree that it's hard to know the situation atm given how little sequencing we're now doing. "Only" 4 sequences might be a lot in a low-surveillance scenario. I'm too tired to plot it now, but I think the rate of new submissions to GISAID has really gone off a cliff over the last few months. Not surprising at all when you consider the ending of the public health emergency etc etc

Bloom updated some of the info to include the new one from the UK.

https://slides.com/jbloom/new_2nd_gen_ba2_variant#/2

Zantie
Mar 30, 2003

https://twitter.com/LongDesertTrain/status/1693411723254927481

We have the tools :toot:

[edit] seriously though I hope you feel better soon, Glumwheels

Zantie has issued a correction as of 04:42 on Aug 21, 2023

Zantie
Mar 30, 2003

Sale on for BreatheTeq, 15% off with code BTS2023, but weirdly I can't seem to load their site. Phone posting though, anyone else having this issue?

https://breatheteq.com/

Zantie
Mar 30, 2003

Snip

Zantie
Mar 30, 2003

Rosalind posted:

Nearly every post I make here is interpreted in the most bad faith way possible so welcome to the club it sucks.

fosborb posted:

I'm sorry you feel that way. I think you have added a tremendous amount of good posts and level headed commentary in just the last week you've posted itt alone.

I'm trying to catch up on my break and I want to make sure this is echoed and heard. Rosalind I hope you stick around.

Zantie
Mar 30, 2003

A refreshing letter from some of our Washington state doctors calling for continued precautionary approaches in healthcare settings.

https://www.acpjournals.org/doi/10.7326/M23-1230

Opening paragraph, emphasis mine:

"The COVID-19 pandemic has upended societal norms and changed the way we view the health risks associated with respiratory viral infections. Although extensive research has helped elucidate the transmission dynamics of SARS-CoV-2 and expanded our understanding of COVID-19–associated health complications, much remains to be learned, especially with regard to long-term sequelae of infection. In health care, universal masking was implemented as a key source control measure to reduce risk for nosocomial SARS-CoV-2 transmission among patients and health care workers (HCWs), based on the available evidence that masking could reduce risk for respiratory viral transmission (1). The end of the COVID-19 emergency declarations by the World Health Organization and the U.S. federal government has prompted discussions about the future of masking in health care settings (2, 3) as COVID-19 is increasingly viewed as an established and ongoing health issue. In our view, the ongoing disease burden among persons at highest risk for severe COVID-19, the large proportion of transmission from asymptomatic and presymptomatic cases, uncertainty about the future course of the pandemic (4), and the effects of post–COVID-19 conditions merit integration of lessons learned from the pandemic into health care precautions and policies."

From another section:

"In a recent article, Shenoy and colleagues (2) proposed a transition back to prepandemic approaches to mitigating health care–associated respiratory viral infections by using Standard Precautions and Transmission-Based Precautions in health care settings. This recommendation assumes that our prepandemic approach to preventing hospital-acquired respiratory viral infections was adequate. In fact, it is likely that before the pandemic, we vastly underappreciated the degree of harm caused by hospital-acquired respiratory viral infections that were preventable by masking among patients and HCWs (7). Prior policies focused exclusively on limiting health care–associated infections from identified ill patients to HCWs. As Palmore and Henderson highlight (3), the lessons learned from the COVID-19 pandemic have led to a greater appreciation of asymptomatic, presymptomatic, and pauci-symptomatic transmission of SARS-CoV-2 and other endemic respiratory viruses (8)."

Zantie
Mar 30, 2003

For anyone who missed it, Sale on for BreatheTeq, 15% off with code BTS2023

https://breatheteq.com/

Zantie
Mar 30, 2003

mawarannahr posted:

What's good about these?

A code is handy for people who already use them? Some say they're more comfortable in hot and humid environments, others mention they're good for working out or quick trips/errands. Better than surgicals but not as cheap so I figure sharing a coupon wouldn't be an issue.

Zantie
Mar 30, 2003

I watched it but didn't record anything. Most of them talking had nothing to do with SARS-CoV-2 and they frequently got bogged down discussing how to best work the terminology and if they could please make it "3rd grade level" so people who aren't doctors or nurses going into a patient room will know whether or not they need to be wearing gown and gloves.

Then it was over a half hour of mostly good public comments mixing regular public opinions and some representative heavy-hitters including Cal/OSHA. Unsurprisingly all the calls were focusing on the lack of transparency, COVID-19, and how not addressing patient safety is causing net harm. Also which one of you is the "professional investor"?

Can is kicked down the road till they have an in person meeting in Nov. which is apparently when they're going to vote on what recommendations they want to send to the CDC which will be open to another round of public comment. Though since they took the video down I'm going to tack on a "maybe" to that last sentence.

[edit]

Found a full audio recording:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtxO6cwP9pU

Zantie has issued a correction as of 07:22 on Aug 23, 2023

Zantie
Mar 30, 2003

https://slides.com/jbloom/new_2nd_gen_ba2_variant#/1

Bloom updated his slides again. We're at nine now. Three for Denmark, two each for US* and South Africa, one each for Israel and England.

*second one in states came in from Japan; was sequenced from one of those arrivals counters the CDC has set up at some international airports. Though they could have just had a connecting flight from there I suppose. Either way it's being credited to the state the person was standing in when the sample was taken.

This all may have been mentioned earlier but my brain went to mush skimming a lot of the posts from earlier today to get caught up.

Zantie
Mar 30, 2003

Washington state's weekly update, cobbled together from the state's excel reports Cumulative Counts and EpiCurve Counts.

Recent Hospitalizations
Hospitalizations of Washington state residents dated by week of first admission due to confirmed or probable COVID-19.

pre:
Hosp.      Changes in state counts reported:			7-Day
Aug 20            -        -        -        -       + 56          56
Aug 13            -        -        -       43      + 179         222
Aug 06            -        -       49      147       + 10         206
Jul 30            -       35      123       18        + 9         185
Jul 23           40      103       17        1        + 3         164
All Older       109       28        5        6       + 11          
Recent Deaths
Deaths due to confirmed/suspected COVID-19 are dated week of death.

pre:
Deaths*    Changes in state counts reported:			7-Day
Aug 20            -        -        -        -        + 2           2
Aug 13            -        -        -        -       + 18          18
Aug 06            -        -        -        8        + 8          16
Jul 30            -        -        9        6        + 0          15
Jul 23            -        4        5        2        + 0          11
All Older        12        4        1        1        + 2         
And now for the least useful metric...

Recent Cases (Molecular + Antigen)
Cases are dated as first specimen date of either PCR or antigen test unless greater than 90 days since previous positive, then it is considered a reinfection.

pre:
Cases      Changes in state counts reported:			7-Day
Aug 20            -        -        -        -      + 878         878
Aug 13            -        -        -      405    + 2,304       2,709
Aug 06            -        -      610    1,619      + 128       2,357
Jul 30            -      575    1,522       60       + 32       2,189
Jul 23          413    1,246       43       12       + 12       1,726
All Older     1,044       68       28    1,517       + 21          

Zantie
Mar 30, 2003

Washington state's weekly wastewater update, cobbled together from the state's downloadable excel report and supplemented with scaled National Wastewater Surveillance System (NWSS) data when available. Solid lines are from WADoH data and white diamond dots applied to scale are from most recent CDC/NWSS data (if available).

The WADoH dashboard graphs using a different tableset than what they provide via the download link. I'm not entirely sure why other than the graph they show is attached to the table (right-click their Power BI graph to view) is after they take the Excel data and calculate the 7-day rolling average. Sometimes this appears quite different.

I've distributed 30 sewersheds across 5 charts grouped by approximate geographical region then alphabetized by county. See the tables below each image for definitions of WADoH IDs, Date last sampled, Trend (based on change between the averages of the two most recent weeks measured), and Service Area for city names/regions.

Northwest Washington

pre:
Northwest Washington
Island		OH	Aug-18	UP	Oak Harbor
Jefferson	PT	Aug-16	DOWN	Port Townsend
Mason		HP	Jul-30	UP	Rustlewood, Shelton
Whatcom		LYN	Aug-17	STEADY	Lynden
King + Snohomish

pre:
King + Snohomish
King		BWT	Aug-15	UP	Bothell, Mill Creek, Redmond, Woodinville, Overflow from King County South and West Point Treatment Plants
King		KCS	Aug-14	DOWN	Auburn, Bellevue, Issaquah, Kent, Renton, Sammamish
King		WSPT	Aug-15	UP	Seattle, Shoreline, north King County, north Lake Wash., parts of south Snohomish
Snohomish	ARL	Aug-16	STEADY	Arlington
Snohomish	EVR	Aug-15	UP	Everett
Snohomish	STAN	Aug-15	DOWN	Stanwood
Southwest Washington

pre:
Southwest Washington
Clark		MRPK	Aug-16	STEADY	Vancouver
Clark		SNCK	Aug-14	UP	Battle Ground, Ridgefield
Pierce		CC	Aug-18	UP	Browns Point, Dash Point, Dupont, Fife, Fife Heights, Frederickson, Graham, Lakewood, Milton, Orting, Parkland, South Hill, Spanaway, University Place
Pierce		PUY	Aug-17	STEADY	Puyallup
Thurston	LOTT	Aug-16	STEADY	Lacey, Olympia, Tumwater
Thurston	NISQ	Aug-17	UP	Nisqually
Central Washington

pre:
Central Washington
Benton		KEN	Aug-07	STEADY	Kennewick
Benton		WRCH	Aug-17	STEADY	West Richland
Chelan		WWTP	Aug-17	UP	Wenatchee
Grant		EPH	Aug-16	STEADY	Ephrata
Kittitas	ELL	Aug-17	UP	Ellensburg
Okanogan	BRW	Aug-17	STEADY	Brewster
Yakima		YAK	Aug-17	UP	Yakima
Eastern Washington

pre:
Eastern Washington
Franklin	PAS	Aug-18	DOWN	Pasco
Spokane		RP	Aug-18	STEADY	Spokane
Spokane		SPK	Aug-18	STEADY	Spokane Valley
Walla Walla	WALLA	Aug-17	STEADY	Walla Walla

Zantie
Mar 30, 2003

Phigs posted:

They are very earthy regardless I could see someone saying they taste like dirt.

Weirdly cilantro used to taste like soap to me but now it doesn't. But the taste is still slightly reminiscent of soap, like it's one of those images that you can interpret differently and while you see one of them you can kinda see the other image too. Beets feel a bit similar with the dirt taste.

Holy crap you're the first person to describe these two perfectly. It's not always soapy or dirty, just sometimes.

Zantie
Mar 30, 2003

My friend with POTS told me she's actually had to drastically up her sodium intake along with hydrating more. Something along the lines of increasing sodium enables you to retain more of the extra water you're consuming.

Zantie
Mar 30, 2003

silicone thrills posted:

me: a friend of mine invited me to get lunch during PAX
me: maybe i could compromise and just grab a coffee outside

you post this: I think we can wait another year to hang out.

Scary excel graphs strike again :tinfoil:

Zantie
Mar 30, 2003

Pingui posted:

Yup, it is in the link I posted:

That's what I get for skipping around to :justpost:

Zantie
Mar 30, 2003

Something I've been wondering about, there's a section on the Washington state Department of Health dashboard that says:

"About 40% of people with COVID-19 shed the SARS-CoV-2 virus in their feces."

Any idea where this number comes from?

Zantie
Mar 30, 2003

Pingui posted:

I don't know but 43% was the number here:

So quick, thank you!

:itwaspoo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zantie
Mar 30, 2003

Rosalind posted:

It's a cohort study that closed to recruitment in May 2020 alas. I will post here if any new study opportunities that people might be well suited for become available.

Awesome