Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PoundSand)

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

Platystemon posted:

Posting on the pandemic page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
i know it’s overkill and only tangential to covid but the aranet4 has been brought up before here. looks like it’s 20% off on their site right now and this listing on amazon is even a bit cheaper still

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

icantfindaname posted:

Is carageenan spray supposed to sting? I was using an off brand for a while and it would sting, now I got the flo travel name brand and it doesn't. Am I doing it wrong, either before or now?

i tried the carrageenan and the saline rinse and gave thoughts about it in the previous thread. the saline rinse didn’t have much sting or tingle. i initially thought the carrageenan didn’t have any sting, since i didn’t have any comparison points before hand, but i now recognize a bit of a sting from it. it is somewhat lessened by spraying back into the sinus vs the straight up the nose method i thought was correct. both bottles of the flo brand have had the same sting

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

are you even allowed to emptyquote posts this recent?

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
i just caught up to the SAD thread that led to this version of the thread being created. is there an easy way to compare what Forbidden Covid Knowledge was in the previous OP that had to be taken out vs. current OP? i could do it easily enough in word or whatever, but, phone posting atm

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

fosborb posted:

just click the link for the last thread. it's at the bottom of the current op, as are all the previous threads

I have no interest in relitigating that SAD thread itt, just to be clear

me either, not trying to raise a stink about it just curious to see what people thought was too out there. i heard cspam likes lists so i figured there might have already been one. i’ll take a look when i get to a computer sounds the easiest though

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
i took a guess that oracle had a good post about it and i was right they normally do. this isn’t the specific one i was thinking of but i bet the other posts mentioned around the same time have more context

Oracle posted:

You can try to buy it off Amazon though they've jacked up the price precipitously, or from a reseller like biosenseclinic.com. Neither really ships quickly unfortunately. I personally am going to make my own because its literally just iota-carrageenan and sterile saline solution, which you can make with distilled water as noted by Playstemon. I personally would boil the distilled water for about a minute just to ensure that nasties like acanthamoebia aren't a concern.

there’s also enovid which i don’t have any experience with, but iirc lots of posting about it in last thread and linked papers to what might be some specious results, idk enough to interpret. also kind of addresses this:

Colin Mockery posted:

im not sure how i feel about inhaling something i buy off amazon... is that where people are getting their nasal spray?

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
i just got a call from someone claiming to be doing a survey on behalf of the CDC. phone caller ID showed as CDC NATL IMMUN and they were calling my private/unlisted/whatever number and got through any of the spam filter stuff i have, all that to say i think it was legit

they were asking about precautions being taken for young children and teenagers in my household. i don’t have any so the questions stopped there, but that’sa weird one to get at present

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
re: vg chat

no notes

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
it’s just a funny/topical screenshot. i don’t think i have posted in such a way as to encourage people to do anything reckless

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

trashy owl posted:

Please don't pretend that someone whose contribution to this thread at this point has been "lol", "lmao", and "this is insane" up to a few hours ago posting that particular screenshot was a random video game screenshot post.

you can click the ? next to my posts to see that isn’t the case in this thread or the last one.

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

trashy owl posted:

You can do the same on this thread and see that I'm correct? Weird to think I wouldn't check.

all i see is me linking a deal on an aranet4, asking how to more easily find the differences in OPs when on a phone, asking how to be better at interpreting scientific articles, and talking about getting called by the CDC. i think you might have me confused with someone else. i thought the screenshot was funny b/c off the context when “immunity debt” was previously brought up. i did not post it in a way to encourage people to harm themselves

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

Mekchu posted:

idk how you can mix up an avatar of an anime character in front of a butcrack with metalhead uppercutting cyberdemon's junk so much he explodes. they're very different and unique from one another.

if anyone knows what this avatar even is or where daniel posts now since i think it was his, please let me know

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
in case anyone else is missing the context, silicone thrills got a 1 month probe for submitting a report claiming something about genocide which then got publicly posted via the lepers colony. i had missed this because i just saw the original post and nothing else

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
doing a bit of cleanup. if there’s anyone in portland suburbs or near cannon beach i’ve got an excess of some n95 and adjacent masks if you want them. no cost or anything. if there’s nobody nearby that claims them in about a week i can mail them out to whoever thinks it’s a good idea to give out an address

BNX model F95B (black N95) - tried a couple, don’t fit. pack is open, they aren’t individually wrapped. 8 ish. comes with external metal nose bridge strips that someone in the last thread recommended

Xiantao Zhong Yi model ZYB-11 - no idea how or where i got these. cup style white, guessing n95. i not individually wrapped, plastic open, about 10. if these are trash, and i’m not sure they aren’t, i’ll pitch em.

Powecom KN95 model GB2626-2019 - guessing these are from 2019. not individually wrapped, white, about half a dozen

4 Flo mask Pro replacement filters and 5 everyday replacement filters. individually wrapped. just the filters, no other parts of the mask kit. adult size.

Gerson 3230 N95 model TC-84A-9285 - about a half dozen white duckbill masks. individually wrapped, have a kinda loosey goosey headband thing, don’t fit my fat head. also not sure where they came from or if they’rea reputable brand

3M Vflex 9105 - about a dozen, not individually wrapped, pack has been opened. not sure how old they are, lot # is A221101419501, ordered from a 3M partner listed on their site

Avery Dennison N95 sticky strapless masks - yellow. not individually wrapped, 8.00 x 6.25 inch size, model # 58460ADMN1906L lot # M0803601 from 8/27/2022. i figure if enough different people want these i can split them out, there’s around 35 of em (work OK ime but i don’t do a lot of stuff i couldn’t just use other masks for)

3M 8293 P100 - disposable P100. individually wrapped. it came really puffed up with air inside, but that’s no longer the case. haven’t opened it but i assume it’s not like clinically sterile or whatever that air might have been doing. only one of these

LG Airwasher black KF94 - large size, individually wrapped, 8 total. looks like they expire in roughly june 2025? i can see the year but month/day is blurry.

BOTN KF94 - black, size medium, 4 or 5, individually wrapped. expire Feb 2026. lot # is probably BBCE92201

2 sealed vials of Allegro Industries Bitter Fit Test Solution - 2 needed per test, so one test worth. Lot # 012622-0292 expire 1/26/27

finally since my partner settled on a different mask right after i got the big box on sale: handfuls of individually sealed 3M 9210 (white stretchy band aura). these are normally what i use so i’ll keep a pile of them but this was from that fischer sci deal a little while ago. idr how many total that was. they’re loose in a big box, not the 20 to a box style that 3M ships but iirc we found that these were legitimate last time, let me know where to find a lot number on these and i can provide it if needed

uh i think that’s it. outside of those cup n95 from unknown location, i’ve tried all of these and they seem fine or whatever, just hard too beat the aura for me. hopefully someone can make better use of them than just having them sit in storage like i’ve been. feel free to PM either of i should take this down or whatever or if you don’t feel comfortable asking for more info or whatever itt

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

quoting myself in case anyone missed it since it was real early/late: i’ve got a bunch both in quantity and variety of free masks and mask related stuff if anyone wants them, see longer post for details

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
got called by the CDC again, apparently they pretty regularly do surveys like this? they mentioned this time it was an immunization survey (https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/imz-managers/nis/participant/index.html) but their site didn’t really say where the data winds up. anyone know what the results of previous surveys like this were or where to find them?

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

Psycho Society posted:

grab a pack of readimasks if you need another, they have an MRI safe printout on their site and no metal whatsoever. the technologist was extremely chill about it for my partner's MRI

probably as a last reminder but i posted a while ago that i have a bunch of spare masks i can ship or hand off, including some readimasks. no charge for shipping or masks. check my previous posts itt for the detailed version

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
i posted about a week ago that i had a pile of masks to give out for free, got one person asking for some, but i still have a ton. can anyone vet for a place or organization to which i can donate them that might be able to make use of them? i’m around portland if it makes any difference, don’t mind shipping if needed

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

Coolness Averted posted:

Careful with those, it looks exactly like the sort of business that's gonna get a nasty letter from OSHA or CPSC, since they're not rated but even make claims about using them for PPE because they use rated materials with research behind them. Like those aren't 3M masks, they just purchased 3M materials to make them.

i’m the “Endorsed by: [this space intentionally left blank]”

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
dunno if yall have seen this or talked about it, but i don't know if it's legit good news or https://news.ucr.edu/articles/2024/04/15/vaccine-breakthrough-means-no-more-chasing-strains

the paper they cite inline leads to a dead link and i can't find the paper on the pnas site directly either. which probably says enough as it is. it also seems to be in animal trials stage still. idk maybe there's hope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

Oracle posted:

link opened for me right away.

https://www.pnas.org/doi/10.1073/pnas.2321170121

Guy in the article identified as the lead doesn’t have it listed on his cv webpage though (course the latest paper there was from 2015 so he’s either a crank or really bad at updating his poo poo. or uses orcid like everyone else anymore.
edit: yep, orcid. though this one isn’t there yet.

oh weird , opens for me now too. thanks

Nocturtle posted:

Being in animal trials means even if it works out it's likely over 5 years away, given the recent very slow rate of development.

A bigger issue is that even producing current generation COVID vaccines let alone developing new next-generation versions might in fact be economically infeasible, as Novavax sliding towards bankruptcy and Pfizer's recent vaccine division losses suggest.

unfortunate but expected