Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PoundSand)

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Asproigerosis posted:

Like I'm a loving manchild

we know man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

hailthefish posted:

yeah there's a ton of people who say "oh well I never got covid, I mean, I had a horrible cough for two weeks and felt really crummy but It Wasn't Covid and also the blue helmets are doing a davos great reset by making everything taste worse than it used to" but I would also not be surprised if there's a lot of people in the situation MjolnirMan was suggesting

lmao just making up a quote whole cloth and saying "tons of people say this".

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Gunshow Poophole posted:

sounds familiar

almost as if it's a dumb thing to do from either angle.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

tuyop posted:

it’s very important that we don’t malign the reputations of “tons of people” you’re right

THANK YOU.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Platystemon posted:

It’s a good design. Air purifiers based on those little DC fans have significant noise/floor space/portability/energy advantages over box fan builds.

You’re paying like a hundred and fifty bucks for someone to package together some fans and a PSU and LASER cut some fiberboard, but if that’s something that you’d rather pay for than DIY, go for it.

good 120mm noctua fans are like $30 a piece anyway.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Rescue Toaster posted:

I built a couple with those 140mm Arctic P14 fans that were suggested in CR circles a couple times. Expensive and I don't recommend because rather than a box fan white noise sound, they have a more annoying PC fan whine/warble that bothers me much more than just a box fan would.

that's why I'm saying you need to get noctua fans. they're dead silent but they're not cheap.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

I thought his kid was sick not himself

yeah you're getting closer to what they're saying...

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

my coworkers who don't have kids love remote work because it lets them do whatever they want. they also hate kids and don't want to hear about your kids (I get it) so it's not really something they want to hear about.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Animal-Mother posted:

The View has been on for 27 years?!

more like the phew that stinks

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

U-DO Burger posted:

oh man that takes me back.

I was looking through the March 2020 thread and found some very familiar rhetoric

https://twitter.com/harrysiegel/status/1236460691839647749?t=3NLRgMJyeq3jqiPRGd-zxg&s=19

Copeland you say?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

smelly goblin posted:

Bc of this post I just found 3m nostril masks that you stick up in there. Bought some and gonna try them out for when I go to the orthodontist.

https://www.o2nosefilters.com/shop/

this thread is an ouroboros

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

my MIL was lamenting that some school districts were "going remote" due to covid outbreaks but she couldn't quite grok that it's due to staffing shortages and not because they give a poo poo about kids.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

NeonPunk posted:

Folks trying to time it for the holidays got it all wrong tho. The XBB formula isn't going to be protective for EG.5 or BA.2.86, but you want to get it now since XBB and their close relatives are the current majority out there rn

some of y'all still don't get it

can you apply multiple XBB vaccines to a single ape.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

old people die a lot though. I've seen it.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

my wife has QR codes she can scan in her building that will give her air quality information localized to the area she's in.

at my work my desk drawer front fell off when I opened it today.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Steve Yun posted:

there are plenty of rich and powerful who are hiding their long Covid suffering, but there are also plenty of rich and powerful who have publicly stated that they have long Covid and are miserable and it’s in one ear and out the other with the general public. there is no shortage of articles about them and none of them get much traction except with the Covid conscious crowd, which is not a great ad demographic

never forget that the founder of Texas Roadhouse ate a gun rather than deal with LC.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

SixteenShells posted:

why even keep kids in school if you're just going to put them all in one room mostly unattended. like yeah school exists in part to warehouse kids while their parents are at work but at some point wouldn't someone say "this is loving stupid, just go home"?

imagine youre six and you're told to "just go home" and both of your parents are at work until at least 5 pm.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

a guy on a work call had to stop talking so he could cough and then he said "sorry my covid is killing me here." and I don't think he was being sarcastic.

he sounded like total dog poo poo.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

what

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

ok this new rule sucks and is stupid. the gently caress.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Why Am I So Tired posted:

The media - cops are good
Leftists - no, this is consent manufacturing

The media - COVID is mild (also people are still dying of COVID, and some people get Long COVID)
Leftists - I'm a helpless baby who just doesn't know any better, it's time to fly to the Bahamas while sick

who are you even talking about lol

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

DominoKitten posted:

imagine the satisfaction of setting up this gotcha

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1705320393337159768

doesn't help that this guy sounds like he's about to fall over at any moment.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Coldrice posted:

I actually think the term “Long Covid” sucks, and turns into another “mild” label. I feel like it downplays it, and gives people an easy “out” for their newfound health problems. It insinuates an unfortunate random happenstance that will go away at some point - just slightly later than other people.

any term you give it becomes meaningless immediately. you could call it Flipmode Squovid and nobody would change their behaviors or opinions.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

I just remembered the guy who got a human interest piece written about him because long COVID made him unable to perform at his day job: being a Leonardo DiCaprio look-a-like.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

coworker today legitimately blamed his dry cough on "all this beef stew I've been eating".

OK MAN

DR FRASIER KRANG has issued a correction as of 03:31 on Sep 28, 2023

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

honestly summer vacation sucks for actually planning poo poo. just give us regular intervals of time off.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Seattle Public Schools has a $130m budget shortfall and they're just going to close a bunch of schools as a response.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I went to the supermarket at about 4pm and there were a lot of parents there who'd dragged their sick kids along, I could hear them coughing all over the store. Also none of these kids covered their mouths at all when they coughed so they constantly had plumes of virions spraying out of their faces like a firehose

no way. kids are gross?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

imagine if the vaccine gave you hiccups though

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

update to my coworker's "beef stew induced cough": he has no decided it's a stress related cough and is taking a half day to see a doctor.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

this is a lot of posts about some nothing politician's RAT test. who fuckin cares.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

beef stew cough coworker went to the local university (UW medicine) who had him see a NP who told him he had asthma and gave him an inhaler.

didn't test for RSV. didn't test for covid.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

I presume he has long covid but also based on how he just does whatever and doesn't care about COVID i presume he's just riding the dragon all the time.

he said he tried to work out last weekend and couldn't do it. "other than that and the cough I'm fine though"

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

silicone thrills posted:

This is legitimately the story people sell for why its fine to get loving black out drunk - its fine if its for social reasons!!!

Coming from a family of alcoholics with 2 dead parents and 2 siblings who are working on their sobriety - I get so loving mad at the wine mom propaganda, all the its fine to get lit at brunch, drink at work, etc poo poo.

tbf work sucks rear end

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

silicone thrills posted:

work pushed me very close to actually becoming an alcoholic and honestly covid probably saved me from that because I had a moment to step back and think about how often I was drinking with coworkers at lunch and afterwork etc just in order for my autistic rear end to fit in.

I'm glad that my employer doesn't allow lunch drinking because I imagine my coworkers would be way worse if they were sauced up half the day.

it's also nice that the diaspora of their residences means nobody does after work drinking lest they get a DUI.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Dog Case posted:

Remember when everybody got pandemic puppies that never got socialized because LOCKDOWNS and now whenever I walk my dog every other person with a dog will pick up their dog and walk into the forest because if it ever perceives another dog it will flip the gently caress out

I'm so goddamn tired of having to presume every leashed dog is a lunge away from ripping my clothes off my body and leaving me a sexy mess on the streets.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

17 minutes away from Full Mothification

Seattle Goons: the south Seattle Costco has Novavax.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

love all of these Disney world based toxxs.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

He's got kids and I kind of understand giving up in that case but turbo rush tanking Florida over and over is insane

the child understander is with us once more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

it's just funny that you keep doing it so yeah I'm gonna keep pointing it out lol.