Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Jeffrey from my experiences isnt a bad or malicious dude but sometimes hes stubborn and does the disappearing act which is stupidly frustrating to deal with when poo poo goes sideways. But theres one thing that you all gotta know and its that this is something jeffrey wont be able to fix.

Make av purchases traceable. So? As boba points out the kinda freak whod spend time and effort stalking someone and then would pay 10 bucks to buy an avatar absolutely would pay the extra 10 for a throwaway account on top and youre back to square 1. Remove the av purchase function? They can always just make a thread posting that poo poo. Ip ban? Vpn services. There really is no technological implementation that solves this. Once the info is out the genie cant be put back in the bottle. This case is especially unfortunate cause boba pearl didnt realize that whole thing with their partners store. But i want to highlight that in the cases where you can influence the outcome, the only true solution is to prevent it, and to never ever give up any morsel of personal info, and this situation goes to show how crafty and dedicated people like this are.

VVVV
Oh yeah a hundred percent it makes the barrier slightly more inconvenient, and itll trap people who dont know about it on their main. Once. It should be an easy and welcome feature, but i fear that as mentioned earlier, people who do this poo poo already would deal with the minimal hassle and keep on with their nonsense. I just want people to realize this is only a bandaid on a gashing wound and everyone needs to be super careful with their online personas more than ever. Not a condemnation nor a call to inaction but rather to implore people to be more alert

ArfJason fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Aug 22, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

why are red texts important?

serious question, I have never once in my life read one that I thought was interesting or funny or worth a second of my time

a better question is not just why they're important but why they're so important that we should keep them around at the expense of providing an anonymous way to doxx and harass users that makes money for the site owner

present case and similar ones excluded, ive always found them a badge of honor, because you made someone angry enough to spend money to change your avatar into an impotent rant, and thats the crux of it; they spent money, youve won before you even knew there was a fight lol

but anyway, i think most goons misinterpret the main point i was getting at, which isnt to throw your hands up and not implement any measures to make it more inconvenient, but that the real solution is to just not have the info out there at all. This is not chastising ppl for slipping up, im just begging you for your sanity and safety to not let it happen to you in the first place, because these technological implementations are not solutions for a social problem.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
how are you loving idiots reading victim blaming in that for the love of god

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

teemolover42069 posted:

if you don't want people to misunderstand you, just don't slip up and say something that means something that you don't mean. just don't let it happen, you know?

im not tut tutting her over this so that she can feel bad in retrospect, im telling everyone else to look at this and be extra alert, and that this proposed solution isnt something to fully rely on. hell, even the person youre supposedly standing for agrees, but hey, maybe in the next rereg for being a dipshit noone likes you might make a valuable point, homie

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

teemolover42069 posted:

lmao it's a joke arf, are you ok? i mean i really do disagree with you but that's ok, it's not a big deal, nothing to get upset about. everything alright with you?

ah, my apologies for taking doxxing and stalking seriously, but hey you managed to get the victim to leave the place she was venting and seeking help at. Great job being an ally :D

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

yeah sorry this blew up. it's never not a bad time to make sure your personal poo poo is secure on the internet. i get that arf genuinely wasn't trying to divert from the subject at hand, it just really sounds like that if you only skim the context. also i take no responsibility for the guy that got mad.

aaaaaanyway, how about shutting off the feature until y'all can implement some way of requiring and tracking a login token at least? poo poo seems somewhat out of hand

its cool man, were all on the same team. when it comes to sensitive topics like these its good to be as thorough as possible and i could have been more comprehensive. you read the post that way out of concern for other people, and thats to be respected. i just dont want more ppl to be hurt.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Lmfao

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Why would you let the world's most pathetic failed domestic terrorist back on the website? Why are they still not permabanned now that they've also engaged in an utterly deranged act of slander against their posting enemies?

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

absolutely anything posted:

i'm not acting incredulous for the sake of it i genuinely want to know why The Domestic Terror Goon got a second chance and why you havent permabanned their boba pearl account yet

yeah kinda weird imho

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

ol yeller posted:

lmfao good loving god dude

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

absolutely anything posted:

just realized bugs bunny and that opera singer looked weirdly similar. and ive never seen them in the same place at the same time. strange

ol yeller posted:

FatGuy93: Ughhh I'm so fat lol. I built a bomb in my garage. (USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
ThinGuy93: I'm very thin actually lol.
Me: You just missed the Fat Guy 93 drama. Welcome also.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

for anyone vaguely doubting the Boba Pearl and Turtlicious link i independently verified it, then spoke to Boba Pearl who isn't hiding behind that anymore. currently they have the goal posts at always using a vpn to post, except they've explicitly not done that before and really having a pipe bomb poster re-reg is more than enough info

thank you xbox loving sucks megathread guy.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

ol yeller posted:

her name was SPR, but its cool that your autocorrect just outed your fetish lol

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

ol yeller posted:

And now we will goldmine.

That Little Demon posted:

he bought it for himself lol

Fluffdaddy posted:

Why did they PM me today and you are randomly bringing them up here...