Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

ol yeller posted:

FatGuy93: Ughhh I'm so fat lol. I built a bomb in my garage. (USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
ThinGuy93: I'm very thin actually lol.
Me: You just missed the Fat Guy 93 drama. Welcome also.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

They're saying they talked to Boba who admitted to being turt, and it seems she's currently saying she uses vpns all the time (presumably as a defense for why the IPs were the same)

That's how it reads to me at least

holy poo poo. i cant believe jeff would weave a conspiracy to frame boba like this.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I certainly didn't know that she reregged immediately. (I was a simple website coder and.....thinking about other things on 12/26/19) She got the same treatment as any other permabanned person - without any reason to look it up, she went under the radar. Given that I don't believe she actually built pipe bombs to blow things up with, when she did eventually admit to me she had reregged after clearly seeming to be in a much better place, I didn't just reflexively ban her.

I guess I was insufficiently jaded in the realities of how someone might misuse this site. I certainly wanted to believe that people who have mental health crises, even ones that are disastrous to their posting careers, can work on themselves and get themselves to a place where they can post again in the medium term. I am....no longer so optimistic after a few years of this and frankly that sucks. Clearly I made a bad call here, this mess was avoidable, but that's what it was.
I don't think it was a bad call at the time, even though it ended poorly. Call me naive if you like, but I'm all for second chances. It's just hard to judge how genuine (or not) someone is being over the internet.
In any case, it appears the right steps are being/have been taken.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
every single loving time lmao

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

I don't think it was a bad call at the time, even though it ended poorly. Call me naive if you like, but I'm all for second chances.

My brother in Christ they were admitting to a terror plot

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

wait, was Boba being a Turtlicious rereg actually a forums secret? I thought that was an open secret and just had no idea Turt was the pipe bomber

I had no idea at all. I'm not surprised Boba was somebody, but with 95% of the references I saw to Turtlicious being about them getting perma'd for wannabe terrorism, it never even entered my mind that they might still be around.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

ol yeller posted:

FatGuy93: Ughhh I'm so fat lol. I built a bomb in my garage. (USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I certainly didn't know that she reregged immediately. (I was a simple website coder and.....thinking about other things on 12/26/19) She got the same treatment as any other permabanned person - without any reason to look it up, she went under the radar. Given that I don't believe she actually built pipe bombs to blow things up with, when she did eventually admit to me she had reregged after clearly seeming to be in a much better place, I didn't just reflexively ban her.

I guess I was insufficiently jaded in the realities of how someone might misuse this site. I certainly wanted to believe that people who have mental health crises, even ones that are disastrous to their posting careers, can work on themselves and get themselves to a place where they can post again in the medium term. I am....no longer so optimistic after a few years of this and frankly that sucks. Clearly I made a bad call here, this mess was avoidable, but that's what it was.

This genuinely loving sucks. Both Boba's actions (which are just as reprehensible and unforgivable as SPHs, for the exact same reasons) and also because as someone who has done CM work I understand entirely the feeling of not being able to trust people can come back from bad mental health episodes that destroy their posting career. Its unfortunate but as the saying goes "when someone tells you who they really are, believe them."

Thank you for being candid about why Boba Pearl was around after the Methane Farm Bomb Threat Escapade. Thank you for taking your time to confirm the weirdness of the situation. Thank you for the policy going forward about Avatar buying.

I would like to humbly request, if you have no ETA, that anonymous av buys be temporarily disabled while that fix is being worked on, as it sounds like it is, because despite Boba Pearl abusing this scenario I still think that is an option the forum should exercise for the safety of its users.

Anyway, my only response to all the other poo poo that happened here is this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6VjPM5CeWs

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Dip Viscous posted:

Am I misremembering the order of things, or haven't there been other accounts that have been banned for being Turt re-regs well after Boba started posting?

Nah, this is the most recent one before the Boba rereg. Look out for a surprise cameo!

Yuran M. Bazil
Jun 20, 2008

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

I don't think it was a bad call at the time, even though it ended poorly. Call me naive if you like, but I'm all for second chances. It's just hard to judge how genuine (or not) someone is being over the internet sometimes.
In any case, it appears the right steps are being/have been taken.

yeah tbh as someone who was acted very unhinged during mental health crises irl and had friends stick by regardless i agree it's a good thing to be willing to give a second chance.
Admittedly i never got to the level of unhinged where i was planning to carry out terrorist attacks though

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

Monathin posted:

(which are just as reprehensible and unforgivable as SPHs, for the exact same reasons)

her name was SPR, but its cool that your autocorrect just outed your fetish lol

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

ol yeller posted:

Lmfao

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

ol yeller posted:

lol

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Paladinus posted:

Nah, this is the most recent one before the Boba rereg. Look out for a surprise cameo!

Well then. I guess the past 8 years sort of all blur together.

ol yeller posted:

lol drat

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

ol yeller posted:

Goddamn,

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

ol yeller posted:

lmfao

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

ol yeller posted:

lmao

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

ol yeller posted:

*glances at where R and H are on the keyboard* hm... lol

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

ol yeller posted:

lol

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
Anyone wanna explain sph so I dont have to search it

DiscoWitch
Oct 16, 2009

uwu
These forums own

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

ol yeller posted:

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
What even IS this website lmao

Grassy Knowles posted:

Smoothed-particle hydrodynamics, CFD's extremely kinky cousin

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

ol yeller posted:

I genuinely cannot loving remember abbreviated poster names to save my life and did not know what that stood for until today.

I will just take the L of accidentally typing a sex thing with dignity. Farewell thread, see you in the goldmine!

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Grassy Knowles posted:

I jumped on the landmine for you, friend, it’s Small Penis Humiliation

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

Grassy Knowles posted:

tiny carrot related.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Grassy Knowles posted:

some plague hats

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
it astounds me that anyone volunteers to deal with this horseshit, jfc

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

ol yeller posted:

lmao

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Grassy Knowles posted:

Small Penis Humiliation lol

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

TheKingofSprings posted:

I jumped on the landmine for you, friend, it’s Small Penis Humiliation

Lmao

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
haha, wow

I remember learning about Turtilicious from -- of all people!!! - Boba Pearl back in one of the original iterations of PYF Sagas. This post now comes across as especially, uh, well, revealing, I guess??:

Boba Pearl posted:

Turtlicious fell into a hole because she was mentally ill, and didn't have access to medication. She posted a lot about things, and had multiple cries for help as she tried to give away all her things so she could kill herself, or blew up on people for small things, or related everything to her traumatic upbringing. Almost every post of hers was a desperate cry for help.

As someone with the same mental illnesses, it's easy to see she lied a lot for attention when she was off the meds. The fact that she posted about bombing poo poo, dismantling explosives, and stuff like that, is I think a lie that she was telling because in her hosed up little world, being an eco terrorist was the coolest most bad rear end thing she could be, but even so it has to be treated as credible, because you can't have terrorist 101 poo poo on your website.

Jeffrey has mentioned that she is going through the transition process, that she now has a support system that is taking care of her, and has found medicine that actually works.

it backs up what Jeff said about why he let her back in. this kind of expositional monologue about yourself is also straight out of a soap opera and makes this already surreal situation even more unbelievable

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

ol yeller posted:

lol

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

That Little Demon posted:

This is the dumbest loving website and I feel stupid as hell believing this poo poo yet again

Still a lol though

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

ol yeller posted:

lmfao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

absolutely anything posted:

just realized bugs bunny and that opera singer looked weirdly similar. and ive never seen them in the same place at the same time. strange

ol yeller posted:

ol yeller posted:

Fungah! fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Aug 25, 2023

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

WarpDogs posted:

haha, wow

I remember learning about Turtilicious from -- of all people!!! - Boba Pearl back in one of the original iterations of PYF Sagas. This post now comes across as especially, uh, well, revealing, I guess??:

it backs up what Jeff said about why he let her back in. this kind of expositional monologue about yourself is also straight out of a soap opera and makes this already surreal situation even more unbelievable

it turned out the medicine was "starting poo poo" and it didn't work

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

ol yeller posted:

Goldmine

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

ol yeller posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU