Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

i mean even beyond how hosed up it is that someone keeps doing this to boba, it's also like... uhhh it's not a great selling point for a forum to be like "oh most of the time it's fine, but if you piss off some psycho they might stalk you and dox you via your custom title and other weirdo poo poo." like how is it an incentive for me to be here when there's a non-zero risk of some internet maniac being able to change my avatar to a screenshot of my grindr profile or something. it's just a bummer all around. especially the grindr part, literally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

TheMightyBoops posted:

I think we should get rid of them ASAP until they can be tracked.

Also last time I checked KF is still a site that found workarounds for not having Cloudflare.

It’s been awhile since I checked because someone brought up that it was back. This was like 3 months ago I think.

from what i've seen on twitter it's inaccessible via the clearnet (and they had an alternate url for like, a week, but it also got deplatformed), but still accessible via tor

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Yeah but if he tied it to accounts they'd have to make a burner account and he'd double his income stream. Leaving money on the table jeffy

this

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

Fluffdaddy posted:

He has spent the last 5 hours using the tools he does have to look into this.

ty for updating us all

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

Roth posted:

I am insanely gay oh my god

insanely and brutally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Overall, here’s where this stands:
  • Avatar purchases will not be turned off, ever.
  • I will require users to log in to buy avatars.
  • I alone will have access to that information and will use it only in the case of truly heinous avatars that I would instantly permaban someone for, and only when requested by the avatar receiver.
  • If I feel demands for revealing these are being abused in any way, I will undo this change and they will go back to being anonymous.

this all sounds cool, thanks dude

e: just gonna engage with that part of it all thanks