Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
careful.. if u post in this thread, astral and jeff will probe u for a week from the admin panel... i will simply avoid doing this :twisted:

e: oh gently caress! oh poo poo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Arf isn’t victim blaming lmao he’s giving Correct Advice on information hygiene online. Ffs. I can’t even post sardonically or smugly I’m too vaguely annoyed

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

teemolover42069 posted:

lmao it's a joke arf, are you ok? i mean i really do disagree with you but that's ok, it's not a big deal, nothing to get upset about. everything alright with you?

this is it.. the least mad poster in the universe.. look how calm this person is, meanwhile, arf must be raging, because he responded earnestly!! unbelievable

what is wrong with your brain? why would you think this would work?

respond within 11 hours or i will presume you are Bad at videogames

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

ArfJason posted:

its cool man, were all on the same team. when it comes to sensitive topics like these its good to be as thorough as possible and i could have been more comprehensive. you read the post that way out of concern for other people, and thats to be respected. i just dont want more ppl to be hurt.

arfjason ftw

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

I hope it isn’t cringe to say this is pretty emotionally distressing.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Putty posted:

I've been in voice chats with both Turtlicious and Boba Pearl and checking back I'm just now realizing they sound exactly the same. This is a very very weird feeling.

jfc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I certainly didn't know that she reregged immediately. (I was a simple website coder and.....thinking about other things on 12/26/19) She got the same treatment as any other permabanned person - without any reason to look it up, she went under the radar. Given that I don't believe she actually built pipe bombs to blow things up with, when she did eventually admit to me she had reregged after clearly seeming to be in a much better place, I didn't just reflexively ban her.

I guess I was insufficiently jaded in the realities of how someone might misuse this site. I certainly wanted to believe that people who have mental health crises, even ones that are disastrous to their posting careers, can work on themselves and get themselves to a place where they can post again in the medium term. I am....no longer so optimistic after a few years of this and frankly that sucks. Clearly I made a bad call here, this mess was avoidable, but that's what it was.

i dont know. did having another mental health episode indicate it was a bad call, assuming that was what this was?

i dunno. i'd like to stay on the optimistic side of that, too. but bleh