Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

ol yeller posted:

FatGuy93: Ughhh I'm so fat lol. I built a bomb in my garage. (USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
ThinGuy93: I'm very thin actually lol.
Me: You just missed the Fat Guy 93 drama. Welcome also.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

ol yeller posted:

FatGuy93: Ughhh I'm so fat lol. I built a bomb in my garage. (USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

absolutely anything posted:

just realized bugs bunny and that opera singer looked weirdly similar. and ive never seen them in the same place at the same time. strange

ol yeller posted:

...lol

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Nanomashoes posted:

Have we considered that it wasn't Boba Original that did the doxxing, but one of her other personalities, and therefore she cant be blamed for it? Just like when she made a post in the webcomic thread about how she falsely accused a friend of pedophilia and somehow ate no punishment:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3794989&pagenumber=1971&perpage=40#post533111727

Lol. A bit of a red flag of a post, to be honest.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

lol my expensive therapist told me to make this big post about me on the somethingawful.com forums

I can afford a $1000/hr therapist here's my patreon btw

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

ol yeller posted:

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!

just realized bugs bunny and that opera singer looked weirdly similar. and ive never seen them in the same place at the same time. strange

ol yeller posted:

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

this is just deadtear putting their "modding the goonswarm forums" experience to good use

strong bird
May 12, 2009

ol yeller posted:

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Odddzy posted:

Alright now everyone, people are going to start asking questions like "Why was the schizo allowed back after the permaban?". It's gonna look bad for Jeffrey if we don't have any answers so I'm turning to you experts to work on this, what's the spin?
Turns out the narcissistic freak with the bad webcom they shilled was good at emotional manipulation.

Jeff looked into their eyes and saw a change had been made in their posting soul. But it was all a lie. A terrible lie that can be discovered by going to https://www.alienfurryhighschooldrama.web and subscribing to the Patreon.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

like 20 years ago i was on a random invisionfree forum for games and some dude named like sonsoi got kicked off for being a creep, and then a month later a dude named tontoi showed up with an avatar of the exact same naruto character

he was made a mod

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Been saying for years: the banlist is really how you find the best posts

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

ol yeller posted:

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Lol

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

ol yeller posted:

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

ol yeller posted:

Lol

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
"It happened AGAIN!?" is always the lamest sequel hook.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

lmfao

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

this is just deadtear putting their "modding the goonswarm forums" experience to good use

easily one of the rudest things that has ever been said about or to me

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

easily one of the rudest things that has ever been said about or to me

so far

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

And in the car they found a tape they didn’t say who by it be
Come to think about it, his name was, it was me. drat.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

ol yeller posted:

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Fluffdaddy posted:

Privacy trumps catching someone in a bullshit lie.

thanks for this stance (not sarcastic)

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

and people say forum pets aren't real

freezepops
Aug 21, 2007
witty title not included
Fun Shoe

Freakazoid_ posted:

I'm beginning to think allowing some permabanned goons back under a different name if they demonstrate a real change in attitude might not be the best policy going forward.

I agree, the policy is lacking and could be significantly improved by sending psych wards free account signup coupons.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Odddzy posted:

Alright now everyone, people are going to start asking questions like "Why was the schizo allowed back after the permaban?". It's gonna look bad for Jeffrey if we don't have any answers so I'm turning to you experts to work on this, what's the spin?

it looks like a case of "you were a normal sane poster before you were driven schizophrenic by cpam doomposting so you can come back as long as you follow your therapist's advice and never touch cspam or any climate change thread ever again"
except whoops it turned out the person who got driven to anti cow terrorism by cspam doomposting must have had some latent insanity deep down the whole time and it wasnt all cspams fault

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

ol yeller posted:

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Also, anyone reasonable would read that original ban-worthy post as a stupid joke that deserved a slap, of course the person who wrote it wasn't reasonable so the theory of mind is a bit skewed.

This is however something you could tell fairly easily from Boba Pearl's rap sheet.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

What the gently caress? Why the gently caress?

I hate everything about this. gently caress you Boba for once again getting transgender goons afraid of being doxxed over loving nothing.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

To be real with all of you, I am....aghast. Boba, I went out on a limb by allowing you to return to posting on this site, previously posting as permabanned user Turtlicious, and I just.....don't know what to say.

"I gave my unhinged 'friend' a free pass and they continued to act unhinged! Woe is me..."

lmao

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
What the hell man.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

PERPETUAL IDIOT posted:

This posted got permad for this post on 12/11/19 and was apparently allowed back on the forums on 12/26/19.
I certainly didn't know that she reregged immediately. (I was a simple website coder and.....thinking about other things on 12/26/19) She got the same treatment as any other permabanned person - without any reason to look it up, she went under the radar. Given that I don't believe she actually built pipe bombs to blow things up with, when she did eventually admit to me she had reregged after clearly seeming to be in a much better place, I didn't just reflexively ban her.

I guess I was insufficiently jaded in the realities of how someone might misuse this site. I certainly wanted to believe that people who have mental health crises, even ones that are disastrous to their posting careers, can work on themselves and get themselves to a place where they can post again in the medium term. I am....no longer so optimistic after a few years of this and frankly that sucks. Clearly I made a bad call here, this mess was avoidable, but that's what it was.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

for anyone vaguely doubting the Boba Pearl and Turtlicious link i independently verified it, then spoke to Boba Pearl who isn't hiding behind that anymore. currently they have the goal posts at always using a vpn to post, except they've explicitly not done that before and really having a pipe bomb poster re-reg is more than enough info

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I will never log out of these forums.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

lol my expensive therapist told me to make this big post about me on the somethingawful.com forums

my expensive therapist (who is my headmate, I pay myself for these sessions)

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Well this is all depressingly predictable

Giggs
Jan 4, 2013

mama huhu
jesus christ this website

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Maybe our next drama obsessed attention seeking weirdo can go higher tech and use an AI voice bot to make threatening telephone calls to themselves.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

for anyone vaguely doubting the Boba Pearl and Turtlicious link i independently verified it, then spoke to Boba Pearl who isn't hiding behind that anymore. currently they have the goal posts at always using a vpn to post, except they've explicitly not done that before and really having a pipe bomb poster re-reg is more than enough info

:chloe:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

(I was a simple website coder and.....thinking about other things on 12/26/19)

Alright, Jeff. We all know how much you value boxing day.