Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Stereotype
This poll is closed.
fall in love? 10 8.33%
have a transcendent life altering experience that elevates their consciousness to a higher state? 14 11.67%
take some cool photos? 7 5.83%
get jumped and sent to the hospital by furries? 32 26.67%
waste his time and money? 57 47.50%
Total: 120 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Unless posted:

my camp’s schedule

can’t make it this year for the other city I help run

edit:

Day 1 - The Global Community
Day 2 - Creating Impact
Day 3 - Sustainability

Welcome to Davos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

MissKeewi posted:

Lol you picked the year they chose the furry theme, let us know if there's a furry camp, not sure I've seen one out there. Probably

Perfect year to have goons on the ground reporting the blow-by-blow action.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
post some cool pictures of drugs IMO

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Maybe they can start handing out discounted tickets to minorities as well.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

BONGHITZ posted:

will the man burn in the rain?

Oh he'd better. People paid good money to see that poo poo

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

mark immune posted:

more like thelyingexecutive, to me

Nah I think the name is perfectly descriptive already

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Kazzah posted:

watyr festival

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

lots of exciting new bacterial infections developing

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Lacrosse posted:

I'm having a good time hanging out with my camp. Everything is fine with us, but there was someone in a neighboring camp who got electrocuted and died trying to operate a generator sitting in a puddle.

Picking through the ruins and skeletons and enjoying cool environmental storytelling they left behind

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

RIP

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Utz posted:

this one's been lying out there since about noon

square's wearing too many clothes so everybody's just looking the other way even though she has pretty feet

and rightly so lol

Speng edit: I don't know if this was actually an unspoilered inline picture of a corpse lying in a puddle, but even the implication is pretty wtf

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

:stare:

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Utz posted:

here's a better pic

if you're near 3:30 and grootslang and need to get to the portapotties he'll cart you on his back for free

just yell out, HELP ME DIRTY D YOU'RE MY ONLY HOPE

Standard Master/Blaster arrangement I assume

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Stereotype you still alive?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

vyelkin posted:

video of the FEMA response in action

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lO2-YxWkRxk

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
https://twitter.com/BBCWorld/status/1698243164010590506

quote:

The festival usually features giant interactive art installations and a huge wooden man that is burnt at the end of the event.

But one man at the festival told the BBC most events have been called off.

Nonetheless, many people were trying to make the best of it, dancing in the mud to techno music.

quote:

But this year there had been worries about the weather and tickets were changing hands on the secondary market at below market rate.

things are starting to come into focus

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Rasputitsa devours another offensive

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Platystemon posted:

You’ve got to source your quotes.

Mods couldn’t even tell that this woman literally just flopped into the water, making ripples. Her hair is still mostly dry.

Hit Utz for being gross, sure, but a golden retriever could have gotten to the bottom of this “mystery”.

The cspam mods discussed it, his punishment was upheld for the gross poo poo he said, not the particular image he used for his implied necrophilia LARP

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Ohtori Akio posted:

how many cruise ships involve insanely high people trying to work with electrical equipment in a puddle. actually i think i can imagine

If you include the crew probably a lot

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Sounds like these "generators" should be banned from Burning Man unless AND UNTIL we can find some volunteer electricians who won't die whenever they touch them

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

BONGHITZ posted:

still hoping Stereotype falls in love

I hope he has a child and does a no degrowth, tbqh

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
I hope he has a loving family and a beautiful life and a raver wife

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

wow what an exciting and unique piece of art

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
They didn't even burn the man, did they?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

theflyingexecutive posted:

it's fun and big and you can climb it

as for trash, may be a little different this year because it's easy for trash to get stuck under mud, but last year, there was only a third of a dumpster's worth. 75 cigarette butts is p impressive for 80,000 people

The report you linked says things got much worse in 2022, announced a call to do better in the future, and noted that burners left behind over 1,000 metal stakes.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Joey Steel posted:

Its actually totally fine to go to Burning Man if that's your jam.

Most of the burny types I used to know were super inclusive, creative, and kind individuals with varied interests.

I dont think these folks think their "thing" has been ruined or totally co-opted because someone with a bigger net worth dared exist outside of their $7000/mo apartment.

Its literally just a festival at this point, and has been just that for decades.

- a good take from the GBS thread.

I dunno sounds like it kinda sucked this year

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Vox Nihili fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Sep 6, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008