Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Stereotype
This poll is closed.
fall in love? 10 8.33%
have a transcendent life altering experience that elevates their consciousness to a higher state? 14 11.67%
take some cool photos? 7 5.83%
get jumped and sent to the hospital by furries? 32 26.67%
waste his time and money? 57 47.50%
Total: 120 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Stereotype posted:

the worst decision i've made so far is making this thread btw

Goons hate anything fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

MissKeewi posted:

Lol you picked the year they chose the furry theme, let us know if there's a furry camp, not sure I've seen one out there. Probably. I have seen a camp with Twilight posters blasting Backstreet boys music so, anything's possible!

There's a whole furry village, it's on the 7:30 street at B plaza

Lacrosse fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Aug 30, 2023

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

Korean Boomhauer posted:

i should get an icepack vest for my suit and go next year

Yeah you should come, it's been great. Although I haven't seen much due to still being a day person; my body won't let me be up past sunset and everyone is busy hiding from the sun during the day. My camp mate is a pilot gifting plane rides and I'm on the schedule for today so at least I'll get to see the city from the air even though I haven't seen much on the ground.

Since the airport is on the right side of the city I might go ask Stereotype about his stairs when I get down. I stopped by *cats on Monday morning for Vietnamese coffee without knowing that was your camp. If you were around then, I was the lady in the gray elephant shirt who introduced themselves as Purple.

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

Stereotype posted:

also while there are clearly some camps with just boatloads of cash, most of the people are not rich tech bros. I haven’t actually found any billionaires, tho I heard they have some camps out near 9:00 and G. I imagine they mostly stay over there.

That sounds like where Distrik is, the giant pyramid on the left of the city. I haven't spent much time over there.

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

Punished Turtle posted:

This is a very good question. My gut says it wouldn’t be allowed, but I must defer to those intrepid posters on site.

I haven't seen any camps explicitly banning nudity :shrug:

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

Playa is batshit tonight in part I think due to the changing weather. At sundown a plague of large black beetles descended on my camp on the 7:30 side. It's scheduled to get windy tomorrow then rain off and on for the rest of the weekend. Tonight is probably the last night of decent weather. My camp has plans to DJ until about midnight Thursday night/Friday morning before we try to waterproof as much of the camp as we can.

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

Lol

How are these 2 specific cspam goons at burning man lmao how is this real. The IK of the climate change thread and a notorious covid thread former ik are both at the biggest techbro libertarian party in the usa lmao there are pictures lmao

The hypocrisy

Wow, I'm notorious? I didn't know I was that popular.

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

Fried Watermelon posted:

they had virtual burns during covid

They still do on Second Life.

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

Stereotype posted:

lol if it rains

It's absolutely going to rain and it looks like all of Friday so get your poo poo squared up before midnight.

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

Stereotype posted:

I’m actually having a really good time. this is probably the best time I’ve ever had

I'm having a good time hanging out with my camp. Everything is fine with us, but there was someone in a neighboring camp who got electrocuted and died trying to operate a generator sitting in a puddle.

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

vyelkin posted:

imagine being responsible for disaster relief and you're trying to allocate resources to help the people whose houses burned down in Hawaii and got destroyed by hurricanes in Florida, and then you get told wait hold on the top priority is to stop some rich people who voluntarily stranded themselves in the desert from making GBS threads themselves to death

The weather is drying out Monday, I don't really see any military intervention needed. The portos on my side of the city even got serviced today so the city isn't overflowing with sewage or anything. My camp planned to strike Sunday so we just had our plans pushed forward a day. We are all overly prepared and provisioned with food and water so it hasn't been much more than a mild annoyance for the people near me at least.

I did see a reddit post of some billionaire trying to get helicoptered out. Don't think he'll have any luck with that as the airport is closed.

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

You're going to be really mad when I don't die here huh. I didn't know how thirsty you were for my demise.

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

I am not thirsty for Lacrosse's demise

Glad we're still friends :glomp:

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

theflyingexecutive posted:

people are doing fine here. everybody who has been to at least one burn knows to way over provision and most people stay through Sunday and Monday anyway and have enough supplies to take care of the poor planners

There's people in RVs and cars trying to leave and everyone is heckling as they drive by. Word on the street is if you try to leave while gate is closed you get an $800 fine and a ban from the event. Folks that get stuck won't be helped until everyone else leaves.

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

Joey Steel posted:

Seriously, this has to be thread of the year. So dumb it has turned into amazing

I just wanna be here when the calls of "goldmine" ring out.

No way, I want you, LaCrosse and theflyingexecutice to be safe and give us a trip report with photos as soon as you are out of there and have a chance to upload a bunch of photos. I'm just loving the absurdity of the whole situation. Goonspeed.

Thanks buddy. Without us admitting to coming to this ya'll would be missing out on a gently caress ton of free entertainment. I didn't have to come here to get dragged by goons, I chose this.

I've got some pretty rad photos but I'm trying to be mindful of our satellite bandwidth so I haven't been posting any.

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Are the $800 fines also means tested

It's the cops fining people, not the org.

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

Gumball Gumption posted:

Did the cops let you take a hit on the climate protesters or did you get there too late?

I was here on site for over a day before that happened also I didn't travel that route.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

DarkSithLord posted:

gently caress you

You don't have to read this thread if it makes you that mad :shrug: It's wild that people are so mad about camping in the desert.