Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Stereotype
This poll is closed.
fall in love? 10 8.33%
have a transcendent life altering experience that elevates their consciousness to a higher state? 14 11.67%
take some cool photos? 7 5.83%
get jumped and sent to the hospital by furries? 32 26.67%
waste his time and money? 57 47.50%
Total: 120 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Guys, did you know that Ukraine is using weapons to fight the Russian Army?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Buck Wildman posted:

how's a mf supposed to hug a penguin with all this politics ruining everything

omg can we please stop politicizing the destruction of the planet???

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

I was sitting here for a while trying to recall where I've read about someone doing the whole "there was a statue hidden inside the other statue we burned" thing and it was Robespierre in 1794 at the Festival of the Supreme Being, where Robespeirre's Parisian cultists (like they were actual self-described cultists, it was a whole thing) burned an effigy representing religion and everyone OOHHHed and AAAAAHed at the "Statue of Reason" that was hidden within.

229 years ago

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

studs n chuds posted:

the mod of hte climate change thread did not feel compelled to join a climate change protest happening within line of sight lmfao

the cops didn't give them permission :actually:

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Feels Villeneuve posted:

permabanned from the ancom festival, by the police

i forget

you have to pay a lot of money for tickets to get in, right?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Crazypoops posted:

burning man

As Advertised

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Vox Nihili posted:

They didn't even burn the man, did they?

I'm stunned nobody just lit it on fire

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

a.lo posted:

Burning Man wouldn't have been such a disaster if they just used a train to get to and from Black Rock City

if only they had just a few more shell companies owning and running the anarchy

that's what community and trust means right?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

my mistake, trust and community actually means accumulation of wealth in magical numbers on an environmentally destructive blockchain

would anyone like some ketamine before the Goldman Sachs orgy?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

theflyingexecutive posted:

it's fun and big and you can climb it

as for trash, may be a little different this year because it's easy for trash to get stuck under mud, but last year, there was only a third of a dumpster's worth. 75 cigarette butts is p impressive for 80,000 people

I note that they nearly failed the Bureau of Land Management inspection in 2022 lol

The bit about the 2019 --> 2022 COVID gap resulting in a 900% increase in trash--particularly dangerous forms of trash like sharp metal embedded just below the sand--is very FYGM

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

I came here for more Rich Prude Sex & Drugs Destination Getaway schadenfreude but stayed for the OSHA/rigger content.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

I'm trapped in the same dying biosphere that the rest of these villains are stuck in, and that gives me no small degree of comfort.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Coolness Averted posted:

a fun camping adventure where they were airlifted and sherpa'ed to safety the moment stuff got rough, while their servants got trapped in lakes of poo poo and trash. Afterwards the trash was deposited on top of nearby poors.

I won't speak for you, but that sure sounds villainous to me

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Stereotype posted:

back to civilization! I had a lot of fun. stayed to see the man burn and could see temple burning from the exodus line. seems like everyone posting in this thread is gullible and stupid, not a big surprise really. I’ll probably go again next year

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Y'all didn't even Burn the Man, the Event Cops didn't give you permission lol gtfo with this wealth cope

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

"uhm ackshually the real burning man was the credibility we lost along the way"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares