Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Stereotype
This poll is closed.
fall in love? 10 8.33%
have a transcendent life altering experience that elevates their consciousness to a higher state? 14 11.67%
take some cool photos? 7 5.83%
get jumped and sent to the hospital by furries? 32 26.67%
waste his time and money? 57 47.50%
Total: 120 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

lmao hell yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

Testvan posted:

elon and his brother are there

lol lmao

a couple years ago I remember a colleague telling me about the NYE party that he attended, and while it sounded absolutely gharish, I politely smiled and nodded along, until he started talking about the celebs in attendance including Michael Bloomberg. the mask slipped and I couldn't hide my contempt. the colleague was baffled that not only was I unimpressed, I was revolted. he couldn't understand why I wouldn't want to be at the same party as Michael loving Bloomberg

anyway lol at living with the shame of attending the same event as both Musk brothers

fake edit: Berghain stay winning

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

tristeham posted:

he wasn't really persecuted, he got to enjoy a pretty high standard of material comfort all his life.

he did get iced out of the theaters and was functionally banned from writing more operas after Lady Macbeth of Mtsensk. when I was in school musicologists were arguing that this robbed the 20th century of it's greatest opera composer, but I kinda think that's anticommunist cope. I like The Nose better anyway. should have done more of that

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

Ohtori Akio posted:

i like shostakovich but long form artsy staged stuff is kinda boring. so ultimately icing him into smaller scale stuff was ftw

but the ring cycle is ftw

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

Feels Villeneuve posted:

also the links between the government and art in the 20th century definitely existed, the part that annoyed me mostly happened on dumb websites where instead of using this information to look at art critically, it was instead used for blanket dismissal of entire genres of art and music, which is boring

yes and before the 20th century there was of course no links between government and art

Feels Villeneuve posted:

the best 20th century opera composer was Janacek anyway

strong candidate. played Příhody lišky Bystroušky a couple of seasons ago and had a blast

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

Shageletic posted:

It always seems kinda crazy and amazing when I meet someone who managed to make art their entire money making enterprise. And they always seem to work way harder than me, the amateur art guy who does poo poo after work. My music teacher basically has a dozen jobs which includes teaching, conducting, art pieces etc. It seems like a hard way to make a living.

certain art sectors have a stable, unionized rank and file at the very top of the industry, coming from reasonably socioeconomically diverse backgrounds, relatively speaking. management still rides your rear end for every ounce of the CLA, and are very degrading. I keep watching colleagues who've "made it" leave after a couple years, and the lifers are usually bitter. maybe less than 10% aren't maladjusted if they make it to retirement

goldmine