Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
This game is about as hilarious as I thought it would be. Fields is what, 13/13? Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

what even is this?? why did you not kick the easy FG?

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Strobe posted:

If the Bears get the first they can milk the clock, possible score the TD, and give the ball back with a handful of seconds and a lot of field to cover.

The play call was poo poo but I get the why

Ok, but then give it to Fields instead of running it up the middle from shotgun

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

welp, grats

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Ort posted:

Pacheco fan club. Priest Holmes made me a chiefs fan so many years ago and we had a good stretch of RBs after, but has been pretty lame since Hunt. Big Runs are my favorite thing in football and this dude slaps.

yeah, same actually!

Sucks that it doesn't matter because Bills are going to win the AFC and probably the Super Bowl this year. Watching the Chiefs last night, they don't look good at all. We're done in the playoffs as soon as we hit the Bills. They're on fire.

(it's overreaction monday and a lot can change this season but I'm buckling in for a disappointing season/playoffs like I'm used to from pre-Mahomes)

e: can we also talk about something else? I've already got some major Taylor Swift fatigue. Kinda getting tired of seeing her

Finster Dexter fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Oct 2, 2023

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

ughhh it's so annoying when the refs don't follow the script and throw a flag for pass interference when clearly on pg. 83 there's no call there. Glad the other refs are on the ball, though, and can remind each other what's supposed to happen this week.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

I wouldn't wish that dipshit on anyone, even the raiders.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

I don't even know what to say. All Toney had to do was line up correctly. I dunno... it's not all on him but jfc

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

capncthulhu posted:

Perhaps we really miss Bienemy?

I think Matt Nagy sucks poo poo, so yeah. He sucked at Chicago. I was surprised af that he got promoted back out of the QB room.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Well now we've all lost to the Lions.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

yeah wow those refs are just handing the game to the Chiefs, it's a real blow out

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

I think Russ can clearly produce, but I also think it's clear he REALLY needs the right locker room and coaching environment. Like maybe he's higher maintenance than a lot of guys? But considering how valuable even decent-ish QB's are (and I think Russ has higher potential upside than most other QB's), if I were an owner (lol) I would take the extra effort to put the right coaching pieces into place to help him.

All this to say, Payton is clearly not the coach to do that, and I think that's by choice. I don't get the impression Payton has ever wanted to be that coach for him.

Unrelated, I think if the Chiefs implode over the next 5 years, and Andy Reid retires, I can easily see Mahomes becoming the next Russell Wilson, i.e. moving/trading over to a mid-tier team and having meme tiktokers post videos about whether he can score as many TDs as he has pairs of sneakers (he can't). I was all-in on Mahomes Magic, but it's obvious he needs all of the right pieces on the board or he starts yelling at people. Not great.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Pron on VHS posted:

I see KC activated Skyy Moore to return from IR.

Why? Why do this? The problem was solved...

gently caress.

Kull the Conqueror posted:

I want KC to eat poo poo so bad but I don't think it's gonna happen.

I don't think we win against a playoff defense that isn't calling up 10th string linebackers out of retirement. I have hopes, and I've seen some epic Bills meltdowns, but I'm setting expectations low so I'm not disappointed.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Black Sunshine posted:

Look, clearly you're going to be happy about your team winning a playoff game, thinking that I'm railing against that is ridiculous. I'm specifically pushing back on the underdog narrative poo poo. I don't give a gently caress how bad Pat's receivers have been or that the poor things actually had to finally play a playoff game on the road, the fact is that Mahomes is far and away the best QB of the current era so as long as he's playing the odds are really good that you'll win the game.

You're not a scrappy 7th seed making noise or a long suffering franchise finally breaking through. You have Mahomes, Kelce and one of the best defenses in the league this year so I promise that you didn't shock the world by winning this game. Everyone wanting you to lose doesn't make you the underdog and don't throw out degenerate Vegas betting lines as if it means anything other than "the desert wants to make money". I'm also pretty agitated that I have to root for the goddamn Ravens now.

By all means, go hog wild and enjoy your team's insane success, pound beer like Jason Kelce (the real hero of the game) and eat piles of awesome BBQ or whatever makes you happy.

Also, gently caress the Chiefs.

Yeah, agreed. When Mahomes is predicted to be underdog he's like 9-1 or something. If I weren't chiefs fan, I'd hate us.

Black Sunshine posted:

Sorry, I just can't find myself rooting for a team with a 95% racist fanbase

Nah, it's not that bad. It's probably only like 94%.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Pron on VHS posted:

Truly you can mock us but I did lose faith at one point this season. And then Skyy Moore went on IR and everything changed

Yeah same. I feel like a heel a little bit, but it's been weird accepting that we actually have good defense.

I will say I look forward to all the pregame replays of 23 jet wasp from super bowl 2020

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

a neat cape posted:

How about 3

Yeah raiders will be forever bads until Mark Davis dies of syphilis or whatever

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Black Sunshine posted:

It would be more fun if the Chiefs were good villains but they're nowhere near Bill/Brady. They're like a dollar store version in bizzaro world with a goofy frog instead of Brady and a generally likeable out of season mall santa in place of Bill.

Brady's psychopathic level of football will and Bill's seething contempt of absolutely everything will forever be unmatched.

Kill me for speaking kindly about those Pats teams please.

https://twitter.com/getnickwright/status/1756810118606225602

Yeah, I posted nick wright, I don't even care

Midnightghoul posted:

Which C tier WR will catch the corndog touchdown in the superbowl next year

Bring back Dieter, imho

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Here's Your Chiefs Super Bowl Victory Parade!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xah2lbtKWYY

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Then my pick is Grbac. I hated him so much.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Calidus posted:

The Gulf Oil Ford GTs inspired a generation

huh? those weren't teal... idgi

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

lmao the bills, dolphins, ravens, and 49ers all tried that.

I love that the raiders think they cracked the code, though.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Again: the Raiders cracking the code consists of not completing a pass for 3 qtrs and getting 2 defensive TDs in 5 seconds on christmas day. If they can just replicate these conditions in every future outing, the Chiefs are done I guess.

a neat cape posted:

I fully support Raiders trying to injure Mahomes

Don't make me move Chargers down from my vaunted "least hatable opponent in AFC West" list. Haha raiders will always be at the bottom, but Broncs can always move up frendo

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

The337th posted:

I suspect they'll have the hapless QB play part of that equation locked down for the foreseeable future, so watch out

:hmmyes: yeah I guess you have a point there

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Yeah Chiefs didn't lose a game after that.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Grats to everyone on the new +$15m of free cap space. I think Chargers are only like $10m over the cap now.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

No Butt Stuff posted:

I worry about someone as light as Worthy. But that said, I’m sure there are successful receivers over 6 feet tall who are 175 lbs. I just can’t think of them.

Marvin Harrison was about that size, wasn't he?

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Simplex posted:

I think he's talking about Marvin Harrisson Sr. who is about that size.

LOL yes I was. Too many Marvin Harrisons

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Russ is out??

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39654399/broncos-cut-russell-wilson-take-85m-dead-money-hit

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

LiquidFriend posted:

The Denver Broncos trade their first round pick to the New Orleans Saints for QB Taysom Hill.

That's like a bad TE, WR, and QB! 3 bad players in one! What a deal!

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

The337th posted:

He'd miss half the season and then emerge in perfect form for the playoffs

Yeah this is more in line with normal Chiefs performance.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

I'm 100% fine with Andy Reid having more tools in his offensive tool box. He seems to have a decent play every now and then.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Yeah, the Broncos QB drama is one of my favorite things about the AFC West (other than Chief dominance, of course). Even as chiefs fan, I really liked Drew Lock and thought he was kinda done dirty. I'd love to see Bo Nix do well, and maybe Sean Payton will actually build a decent offense around him. Good luck!

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Midnightghoul posted:

I am glad the Broncos also did not get a starting QB

It's gonna be a fun year in AFC West :lol:

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

solarjetman posted:

If Nix doesn't work out, he'll take Payton with him, so root accordingly.

Yeah I can't wait to watch this unfold. :popcorn:

Don't worry, maybe Falcons will go for the dead money record and release Cousins early and then he'll be ready to Let's Ride.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

No Butt Stuff posted:

I very much love the AFC west right now. Even when teams are dogshit (broncos, raiders, chargers) it’s a fight.

Just loving this specific part of my sports life because I get to experience a chiefs dynasty and I genuinely hope that my chargers friends get the same when we are done.

same, but gently caress the raiders for-ev-er