Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
The Raiders will still be trash despite having 2 elite skill position players and it's really stupid. Fire McDaniels and the bowl cut into the goddamn sun.

Also, expressing my disappointment in the lack of Lokey snipes lately, TFF just isn't the same anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

beating Denver 7 times in a row is pretty cool despite knowing the Raiders will have a lovely year overall, like usual

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

waffle enthusiast posted:

I don’t know someone can come away from yesterday’s game thinking Russ didn’t look a thousand times better than last season. More mobile, quicker decision making, protected the ball, threw for a couple of TDs.

Last season the dude just looked lost. Every game.

His stats from yesterday and week 1 last year are very similar so I wouldn't proclaim that he's fixed just yet.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Some real galaxy brain poo poo from his guido agents

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

When the Raiders aren't the worst team in the division, lmao

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Coaching is a massive problem in this division. One guy is making GBS threads all over his HoF resume while 2 others are trying their best to make the dumbest possible decisions during every game. It's an active contest to see who can be a bigger moron. What a poo poo show

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Chris James 2 posted:

There'll always be the memories of that offseason when Russ first came over and the thought was the division had 3 playoff teams going forward :unsmith:

I thought all 4 teams could've made the playoffs. That off-season was an absolute arms race with free agent signings. Reality often disappoints.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

solarjetman posted:

Like Brady, Mahomes seems to have the ability to curse the rest of his division to mediocrity and stupidity.

Maybe with Denver but the Chargers have literally always been cursed and the Raiders were cursed the day that Al Davis learned about hubris after trading away his head coach and getting his rear end beat by him the next year in the Superbowl.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

If only Mahomes wasn't so likeable, the league wouldn't force him to throw all those TDs against my team. It's all rigged man!

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

a neat cape posted:

Justin Herbert is really good at football

All the more reason to keep Brandon Staley as his coach forever. They clearly have a symbiotic relationship like Mahomes/Reid

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

There were definitely some sketchy calls but they weren't the difference. It's always a close heart attack game with San Diego and it doesn't hurt that both coaches are incredibly stupid.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Simplex posted:

The more I think about it, the funnier replacing Carr with Garoppolo is.

It's always been hilariously sad. Best case scenario is a side grade so what's the loving point?

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Calidus posted:

I can start listing replacements for Brandon Staley if you want get really aspirational

Jeff Fisher

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Now the Chiefs will scorch the NFL the rest of the season and during the Superbowl speeches, they'll constantly reference how they were underdogs and nobody believed in them as I swear off ever watching football again for the 20th consecutive year.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

The refs forced Jimmy to play like an extremely washed up Pennington with a dash of Bledsoes legendary ability to take sacks like a champ.

Those bastards!

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Let's keep this poo poo going and hope the Chargers hire McDaniels this off season!

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Calidus posted:

GM couldn’t trade one of the best WRs for a first to save his job.

Edit: So is Adams going to be the most expensive security blanket for a Rookie QB ever? Or will they move him.

His accelerated cap hit would've been too much to deal with this year. If we get a high pick QB then I hope he stays, otherwise just trade him to a contender in the off-season because wasting his talent should be a crime.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

It's always blind optimism going into the season hoping against hope that maybe "this is the year we turn things around" and then by week 3 my liver is waving the white flag and begging me to stop.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Hey guys, I just want to say that Maxx Crosby is really good at his job

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

That's definitely impressive. I hope they burn everything to the ground and trade Herbert to a different team so I can actually root for him someday because he seems like a pretty cool guy.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Simplex posted:

I think it was a sloppy mistake filled game that could only be enjoyed by football degenerates and desperate fools.

You're posting on a dead subforum within a dead comedy forum. By definition, we're all degenerates here.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Ginger Beer Belly posted:

I mean, Chris Collinsworth basically said Dobbs was Mahomes ...

CTE really setting in for him!

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

SalTheBard posted:

Boy I sure hope we don't lose to the loving Raiders today :-/

As if that was even a possibility

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

The337th posted:

I was about to skip this game and the first quarter baited me into thinking something funny could happen, even though I knew better

The gameday thread was full of "KC defense is so bad!" and "wow the Chiefs are actually going to lose to the Raiders!" as I sat back and enjoyed the few moments of good football just waiting for KC to gut us like usual and like clockwork it happened.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

I really hate that I'm rooting for the Broncos at this point but a team that lost by 50 points in week 3 actually winning the division and knocking the Chiefs back down to earth would be some incredible comedy and I'm all for it.

Mahomes became the biggest loving baby in NFL history yesterday so that was really great. Imagine being afraid to call out other players mistakes to the extent that you whine on national television multiple times about something that was such a blatantly obvious and legitimate penalty that even a child just learning the game could see it was legit, lol.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LiquidFriend posted:

Finally we've reached the moment where Patrick joins the nWo. Now to figure out if went with the black and white or will be rolling with the wolfpac.

He will never be cool enough to be Wolfpac

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

I'm a fan of division solidarity against the Chiefs and hope it continues even beyond the after Mahomes wasteland that the team will turn into.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

kiimo posted:

the only division solidarity is gently caress the Raiders

Says the new Patriots

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

a neat cape posted:

Raider Fans

You've admitted that you know quite a few decent ones. We're not all scumbags!

Just like most sports fans, the majority are just whatever, some are good people and some are trashcan assholes making everyone else look bad by association. Except Chiefs fans, most of them are just straight up racists.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Aside from a drunk rear end in a top hat running his mouth in Cleveland, I haven't really had a bad experience at any games aside from whoever I want to see win actually loses most of the time.

Literally the only time the team I was rooting for won the game was in 1994 when the Browns beat the poo poo out of the Oilers in Cleveland.

Eventually got tired of wasting my money and also "gently caress the NFL" in general.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Well that sure was a magnificent rear end beating that literally nobody could've possibly predicted

The NFL sure is random as gently caress sometimes

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Blitz of 404 Error posted:

Well hot drat boys

Hell of a ride this year!

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Perhaps the Chiefs should stop getting high off their own farts

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

He's tied for 6th in TD passes and only has 8 picks though. He might not be exactly what Payton wants in a QB but if that's how he feels then it should've been dealt with in the off-season. They have too many wins for a blue chip QB prospect and not enough draft capital or players outside of probably just PS2 to make a move for one.

As a fan, if my team is still mathematically in the playoff hunt with 2 games to go then they need to try. Anything can happen in single game elimination so giving up now is some weak rear end bullshit and whoever actually made that call should be fired for making it. I should be happy about it because it actually gives my team a better playoff shot playing a Broncos team with a worse QB but it just really bothers me.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Simplex posted:

I think you are underestimating how much the Bronco's offense revolves around Russ just hucking it deep to Sutton and hoping he makes a circus catch. Like that Week 14 game was 10-0, with the Broncos lone touchdown coming on a 3-yard drive, until late in the 3rd when Sutton made that ridiculous one handed grab for a TD.

Yes, Russell Wilson does indeed do Russell Wilson Bullshit, it's his defining trait as a QB and always has been

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

YOLOsubmarine posted:

And even if he can’t Russ clearly isn’t in the long term plans so why wait to move on?

Because with 2 games to go you still have a chance of winning the division. It doesn't matter if it's a small chance, it's still possible. The Chiefs offense is dogshit right now and just got manhandled at home on Christmas day by a Raiders defense that isn't full of superstars aside from Maxx. It's not out of the realm of possibility that they can drop the last 2 games, poo poo happens in the NFL.

I'd just be pissed as a fan and am kinda surprised that so many Broncos fans are cool with it considering that this is probably their best chance for a playoff spot over the next 2-3 years with the rebuild on the horizon.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

3 DONG HORSE posted:

*looks at last 8 years*

those weren't awful years??? :monocle:

You don't know what awful is until you experience 20+ consecutive years of sustained garbage football with a couple mediocre seasons thrown in to provide false hope

You have a Superbowl win less than 10 years ago, you're doing loving fantastic compared to most fanbases

*Incoming "Decade of Spectacular Failure" post about the Broncos*

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Kull the Conqueror posted:

None of your logic/finance arguments make it less lame

This. It's honestly just pathetic

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LiquidFriend posted:

Payton elects for the Jameis Winston experience, once again.

I'm down to see more Raiders INTs/pick sixes considering how rare they've been over the last 20 years so bring it on!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

What if Russell Wilson was white