Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.
From the GEWNS thread:

andromache posted:

Goonwaffe offers:
- Double SRP
- Free Ishtar, Myrmidon, Procurer replacement per month
- mid-grade amulet replacement
- a capital cache you can borrow a dread/fax/carrier from
- no drama (because I’ll remove you if you cause work for me)
- and no rmt (because I’ll remove you if you cause work for me)

We’ve even crawled begrudgingly into the 2020s and have a discord.

Join today!

In the past year I’ve been running the corp, I’ve only had to execute two people. One was a deranged australian who didn’t believe the gays/pedos had any right to govern christians, so that was a fun time. While the other was an individual who had some enhanced access to alliance developer and gsol resources and decided to tell me to pound sand when I asked him to stop doing some petty dumb poo poo.

Outside those two individuals it’s been chill and good. Current iteration of goonwaffe is very interested in crok sucking so if you like to mine there’s a large group who loves that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Kaysette posted:

Another killmark for the eve thread, hell yeah.

Please try to have the next meltdown in EST prime time.

Of all the nights to go to sleep at 9pm… :(

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

FirstnameLastname posted:

use the ttc in perimeter

About that... when CCP announced that XL structures would no longer be allowed to be anchored in highsec, the Imperium may have done a thing to it.

That thing being explode it.

A good chunk of eve joined us.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Elchimpster posted:

Thanks for the advice, Ill check out the threads. J4g still frowned on in 2023 Im assuming?

There’s two ways into goonwaffe, the first is the traditional SA account no j4gs, where you can get in purely upon the merits of your SA posting. I generally let Maneck and Ajaxify judge those and don’t interfere. The second method is an existing waffe member in good standing can vouch up to 3 others at a time. I approve those and if they make it 90 days without irritating me and just post they can apply for naturalization.

That being said, remaining in goonwaffe just requires just one of the following every 60 days:
- make a post on the GSF forums
- connect to jabber
- connect to mumble
- get a pap

It’s hilariously easy and always funny when someone Rutibex’s into this thread complaining about how they got kicked with no warning. Speaking of, that hasn’t happened in a bit, time for an activity review.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Keisari posted:

Don't think of it as "getting your numbers up." You will never make it. You will be a j4g and it will show. Become a part of the Something Awful community. Posting will quickly become a god-awful chore otherwise.

Once you've started genuinely posting for it's own sake, you will be a True Goon and will also get to Goosefleet or Goonwaffe without a hitch and in no time.

Besides, there is so much to this terrible forum. I've had many laughs over the decade.

When I first started posting in SA it was in Pet Island and Goons in Platoons. But then I realized some people love their pets waaaaay too much and military goons posted way too much detail about crimes they were committing for my comfort.

So I came here, to MMO HMO where sweaty nerds argue about meaningless poo poo. And found home.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

weirdly one of my alts got booted for inactivity once, but the remaining five or so characters I had in the corp as well as my main survived that purge :iiam:

In general what probably happened there was the alt was kicked for not being ESI compliant. I do those checks at the same time I do an activity purge. I used to give 48hours warning to fix ESI but it’s always the same like 10 ppl who are poo poo at keeping their stuff updated so I just kick the character.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Mr. Grinch posted:

IIRC the thread that caused me to register so I could post was that Keyboard Goop guy's (Sigvatr/Mortimer Mcmire) "MSPaint your sociopathic fantasies" thread
look how far weve come

Photoshop Friday was what made me aware of SA, specifically the WWII propaganda posters thread, which is still amazing even now. I followed that for years before I felt the need to have an account. I'll also reference the pc builds threads when I'm getting ready to upgrade some stuff on my rig just to see where the group is at on equipment.

Also Goons with Spoons is probably one of the biggest hidden gems on the internet. I don't tell my wife WHERE I get the recipe, but they've knocked a few home date night dinners out of the park for me.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Elchimpster posted:

Please pardon the ignorance but what happened in july?
Sounds interesting

In the voice of Willem Dafoe, “There was a fire fiiiiight!”

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

canceronline posted:

J4H in 2023 - so r worded in might just work

My main in Eve is ‘Amy Pollard’

Let’s make this happen for me

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

No.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Anyone in brave or any other B3 alliance that joins the Imperium that has a GSF services ban just.... has a services ban. It's not like they'll pitch a fit and make the alliance/corp remove the guy. You just won't be able to get on the forums/mumble/jabber which you probably don't want to do anyway.

So :shrug: doesn't really impact anything unless you want it to.

INIT and Bastion regularly kept people on that GSF had banned from services. It's not an issue.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

floppyspud posted:

Is it all of b2/b3 or just brave? It looked like from the posting on r slash eve it was just brave but don’t trust them. Also does that mean fire is joining the imperium? If so lol

Volta is going to go do their own thing. XiX was not allowed to come because konstantin is a giant loving twat that no one likes, so they are crashing in StainRus. b0ss is remaining blue but are doing their own thing. One alliance is joining Frat but I don't know which one.

Severance alliance, We Form Blob, Fanatic Legion, Scumlords, and Brave Newbies are all joining the Imperium though some of them are joining as alliances and some are WIDotting into GSF.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

You are trapped in a thread with wibla, globby, bigbill, and the d-name poster of your choice.

Who is the d-name poster who will join you?
What do you do?

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

psilocybin laden posted:

it is / has been something that's actively considered, asher has asked elysium about interest in other names multiple times including on fireside

might be getting pushbook from the dumb pubbies

Asher put it up to a vote in one of his first firesides, it was a resounding "no" from the line at the time.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

CrushedWill posted:

I was former goonwaffe that took a break due to RL, then saw what happened with the mittens (and SA) drama and said nope.

Not sure what hapened with Jay stealing stuff (I have been away a long time), but I am glad to hear that things are better now. It was really an interesting time being part of Theta, living in Deklein, and doing importing stuff into VFK.

After Mittens resigned last summer, Goonwaffe was an autonomous collective for three or four months. Some people wanted their tribe to have a leader however, and one of the aspirants to the job wanted to require paps.

I awoke from my slumber, yelled hell no, and seized the reins of (functional) power. That was in October of last year. After that I put in some fairly standard “if you cause me headaches I’ll yeet you into the sun” social policies, while returning waffe double srp, a free myrm/ishtar/mining barge replacement per month, mid-grade amulet replacement, and a cap cache of about 24 ships any goon could borrow.

People could join from SA or from a vouch from an active member. After 90 days vouches could apply for naturalization and vouch others. We still got 3-5 SA ppl per month but got a lot more from vouches. Since waffe leadership is just me and I operate in a strict “won’t start none there won’t be none” philosophy, I started getting a lot of applicants from other corps who were sick of middle management bullshit.

Our discord is a pretty happy place with a mix of old and new peeps and very little drama, other than when Jay Derkin swallowed the whole rear end SA bait on this forum and got perma banned. Anyway our liberal vouch policy earned the ire of a bunch of pubbie corps who blamed all our free stuff instead of their constant loving with people for why they were losing members.

So now we pay taxes, pay for our own moons, and cover our own bonus SRP, yet still are isk positive and grow more members because being chill unto each other is actually the secret sauce. Last Tuesday, jay amazingness, who started in the coalition as a literal 14yr old kid, and grew up in the coalition over the past 10-12 yrs flipped, removed market and clone services on the 1dq1 keep star and stole several trillion in alliance assets.

He also had full director in goonwaffe for “reasons” and cleaned us out to the tune of about 250 bil. I organized a donation drive in return for Jay hosed Me medals in order to reimburse amulets and nirvanas and at the time of this writing have gotten about 150bil in isk, 200 bil in caps, and another 50-60 bil in saleable goods. Turns out goons are still generous and take care of each other. I think at this point everyone who has asked for Implants has gotten them back, and we are diving feet first into angel fw.

And it’s all been credit to the members. Only thing I can claim is being around long enough to have seen it all before and take good ideas from my people when they have them. If you want to enjoy null or angel fw goonwaffe is in a good place now. Goosefleet is also having a lot of fun in stain too. Whichever style you looking for. I will say that while Goonwaffe is a large corp in the alliance with a lot of illum representation, we aren’t necessarily the center of gravity for the alliance, so you do have to, on occasion, deal with dumbassery from other corps in the alliance. If that’s going to be a hardship, I’d wholeheartedly recommend Goosefleet.

andromache fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Nov 21, 2023

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

ded posted:

none of these things would be happening if it wasnt for delta

Not wrong.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

wait, who was it again who wanted Waffe to be treated like a normal corp? If I remember it was the same dildo who told Mittani to get the gently caress offline while the shitstorm was raging, but I can't remember their name

So there were kind of two phases. In the initial shitstorm after Mittens resigned and a lot of people were grieving the loss of the only leader they'd ever known (lol), almost all alliance functions were pulled out of Goonwaffe. GSOL, Procurement, Finance, Blackops, Recon, Gooniversity all that went into its own altcorp. The only thing that remained in Goonwaffe was alliance SRP, mostly because I'm an old man who hates change and there's few people that gonna make me move when I don't want to move. Some of the motivation for that was to appease the masses, and some of it was because the illum heads of those functions were very upset and wanted to do something about it. There wasn't really a "who" in particular at this point, because it was pretty widespread across the alliance.

Even though all those functions moved out, however, the corp wasn't taxed, gsol continued to fuel and maintain its corp moons, we had free double srp, etc. It was just kind of on autopilot. I think the majority of people thought it would merge into Karmafleet or die out now that the Delta Menace was Expunged. However that really didn't happen and we started growing like 15-20 people (not characters) a month because of our hassle free environment. I don't require paps, I just require someone to make a post, be on jabber, be on mumble, or go on a fleet at least once in the past 60 days. Just do one of those things and you stay. That's it.

So that appealing environment led to phase 2 where multiple membercorps drat near rioted to Asher about Goonwaffe's special status. Because it had to be the free stuff Goonwaffe has, not their own lovely practices that are at fault, right? So on September 16 our special tax free status on industry, moons, and ratting was revoked, we had to fuel and pay for our own moons, and I have to reimburse the alliance for our bonus SRP. Despite all that we still regularly get refugees from other corps. I wasn't told who bitched to Asher, though I have my suspicions, and it's probably good they don't tell me because knowing me my words would likely hurt them.

Turns out in hindsight Phase 1 was a good idea because it limited the damage Jay could do. He had full director in goonwaffe so the only things he stole at an alliance level was about 40bil in SRP isk, and 40 sets of mid-grade amulets. Everything else in Goonwaffe was the corporation's stuff I'd built over the past year.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

is that corp the one with the really cringe name?

Not really narrowing it down for me there boss. :P

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lorem ipsum posted:

250b looks pretty low based on the ~5T stolen in the video he posted https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwvhQ6O_SPs

I’m speaking about goonwaffe the corp’s assets, not the alliance assets. I hadn’t seen a complete tally of the alliance level stuff until this video.

andromache fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Nov 22, 2023

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

those "cultural revolutions" were a lie, weren't they?

They tackled the very easy low-hanging fruit. When I first joined goonswarm every wing of a fleet had a different slur for its name. Nigfleet, chinkfleet, spicfleet etc. After a fleet, the subject of the op thread would be edited to a Rape or a Welp. All of that kind of behavior could be found up until ‘11 or ‘12? The first cultural revolution tackled a lot of just casual racism and misogyny in the forums. Additional ones later on tackled mumble chat and jabber and cleaned up Jewing as a term. It’s really not common anymore to just get slapped in the face with the kind of overt stuff that was everywhere when I joined.

There’s also a lot less of the “a girl? On the internet??” dumb loving poo poo that was everywhere. It’s clearly a better place than it was. Stuff does get shut down when it’s reported. I’ve ejected two people from goonwaffe over the past year for some doozies, while had to have a few “you can’t say that anymore grandpa” conversations with others.

By no means is it perfect, especially when you are looking at 10,000 humans in the Imperium from around the world. But it is better.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Goonwaffe itself is 300ish people, broken into 3 populations. The first 40% or so are people who came into the corp from SA. Ya’ll can argue about how j4g or true goon or whatever but they met minimum requirements to come from SA into waffe. Another 20% are refugees that we’ve accumulated over the past 15 years of eve. Example: person I’d never talked to had a structure going abandoned. Dug into who this person was, they are a refugee from BAT Country from when Endie schismed in 2015. They’ve been in corp quietly handling their poo poo since then. TCF, Red Alliance, Wildly Inappropriate… there’s a significant number of rehomed refugees that we try to draw into engagement. The last 40% are people we’ve vouched into waffe because they are trying to escape the middle management hellscape they were in. Honestly they tend to cause the least problems and give ideas for other things to try. Didn’t enter my brain to set up corp bpos for anyone in corp with the role to copy from. Several returning SA members are just like “look at all this stuff! We’ve never had any of these programs before!” Not my ideas, just listen and implement the feasible ones.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Saithir posted:

So if I approach a Gooseflock line member and ask "hey one of your member corps is suspiciously racist", are they gonna do something else than "oh okay go talk to whomever is in charge of those things"?

Guess what, that too is a HR process, it's just a process that is scaled down to the organisation's size.

Goonswarm Federation at this point has over 90 member corporations. So while it’s pretty straightforward for me to put 2 in the back of the head of someone screwing around in Goonwaffe, it is and should be more standardized and controlled when applied to an organization of 7,000 actual people.

Easiest way to think about is through the metaphor of anime masterpiece The One Piece. You know how they hit you in the face repeatedly and obviously with the theme that the “Real treasure is the friends you make along the way?” Well the Imperium is very much trying to “win” Eve, whatever that means, and win the treasure. They think they are that Mihawk guy with the big sword, in reality probably closer to that annoying goddamn clown that can’t be killed.

If you want to “win” the game eve online in the nullsec political environment and recognize THAT is the primary goal of the organization, the Imperium is probably fine. If the goal is a great, welcoming, and fun community first and “winning” second then Goosefleet is the clear choice. Having been continuously active in Goonswarm since 2010 I can see how much better things are compared to how they were, but I know it’s also not as fast as many would like.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

DrHammond posted:

Are you unironically unaware of CFC's early 2010's "Cultural Revolution" and/or are unable to contextualize riffing on a theme?

Because your earnestposting accusing me of being a tankie is a vibe.

My goon, we are posting on a dead gay comedy forum, I am not your political enemy.

I'm really upset that youtube no longer has the propaganda video that was released with that. That video was set to "Mister Postman (Carpenters version)" and had the dojo fight scene from Ip Man with Deadtear as Donnie Yen going whole ham on bad posters.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Boatswain posted:

Anyone running Abyssals in Delve/environs? I'd like to bring an alt down to 2-box Jackdaws/Draugurs but not sure how tenable it is with all campers/roaming gangs coming through.

It’s pretty safe in Delve/Querious/Period Basis from a deep safe.

There are a few reliable ways to generate a deep safe. The first is whenever an incursion hits the region, fly to that constellation and make safes at the sites. They don’t follow the normal “within 4au of a celestial” rules so you can find some real nice safes in the middle of nowhere.

Second method is to apparently jump into an abyssal in a throwaway ship seconds before downtime. Do not break invulnerability in the abyssal. It will fling you out to a random spot in system, with a decent chance of getting a deep safe out of scan range of celestials. The guide I read does it with three accounts at a time and says one of them usually gives a usable spot.

I guess the third way is to find a big system with celestials (but not gates) off the main travel axis between gates. Make a bookmark more than 14 au from any celestial/gate off the main travel path. It’ll show up if they are pressing dscan warping to the celestial but hunters are typically scanning gate to gate, so unless you’ve flapped your lips to people and bragged about where you do abyssals there’s no reason for them to hunt.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Truly deep safes (ie 100s of AU away from the center of the system) were pruned out by CCP, and there’s no reason they couldn’t run that script again if a significant number of new ones were made/noticed.

What’s referred to as a deep safe nowadays is just anything not on d-scan from any celestial. The easiest way to generate those is via the triple abyssal method we’ve already mentioned.

Another way is to follow incursions around. The sites generated by an incursion don’t follow the within 4au rules of another anoms. You can find them in random and deep parts of a system. Pretty easy to get safes 30-40 au away from anything.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

floppyspud posted:

Whilst it is technically a deep safe, it is still inbetween different planets and so you run the (pretty big) risk of people warping between planets or wormholes or something and spotting you. I’d much prefer one that’s actually outside of the system, like one that’s created with incursions or the abyss method.

So while you are in the abyssal you aren’t in local. If you are the only one using the system (not uncommon in period basis and paragon soul) as long as your trace isn’t in scan range of the gate to gate path you are safe. Just don’t tell people where you are doing abyssal… ever.

No gang is going to starburst an empty system, they’ll just do the next one.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

ZombieLenin posted:

That's me. I cannot even tell you what happened there for sure--I don't even trade fighters anymore.

If I had to guess, right after I came back I 'tried' briefly to trade fighters again, as I traded them back in 2018, and set up a bunch of buy orders and hosed one up... bought a whole 5 for $15m, then put them back up on the market for just under whatever price someone else was selling out with the stack I already had, which I took down later because they weren't selling and weren't worth the effort.

You're acting like I bought poo poo out to realist, which never ever happened and I would never ever do. Seriously you're complaining about the purchase of 5 whole fighters.

Incidentally, I do my selling on contracts now. Why don't you check my contracts and tell me I am a goon fucker. A lot of my contracts are selling at or under Jita prices, and they are all significantly below 1DQ market. .

I also buy out hangars and poo poo and continuously give away any of the skins or skill books I get in those, and just yesterday set up 5 free contracts for random stuff for skins, skill books, and filaments to alliance members. I was offering to sell a pilot result certificate I came into for half price to Waffe--if you're in waffe just look in discord.

When I came back I also unloaded a huge amount of poo poo in my hangar that I knew I would never use again, including a poo poo Tom of BPOs and capital parts to corp and alliance members at a huge discount. You can just ask around, or look at my post in S-Mart.

So your insinuation I'm a "goonfucker" based on the purchase of 5 whole fighters is completely off base; and frankly dumb.

You bought Tyrfings at 16mil and sold Tyrfings at 25mil. Whether or not they are the same Tyrfings is immaterial per the policy thread. I asked you in discord what was up with it on December 2nd, to which you never responded. So I guess you've been just... paying... the broker fee penalty this entire time? l o l.

I mean... that's on you buddy. The alliance appreciates your donation to the swarm I guess. Feel free to continue to do so until March when your sentence expires.

This is the full list of goonfucker ACL penalties by the way:
  • Charges 100mil for Corporation Offices (10mil is normal)
  • Charges 10mil for Clones (0 is normal)
  • Applies a 10% tax to all Industry activities (.25% is normal)
  • Applies a 11.5% tax to all Market activities (2% is normal)
  • Applies a 50% tax to all Reprocessing activities (5% is normal)
  • Charges 500isk per unit of liquid ozone on jump bridges (150 is normal)

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

It's generally how we keep prices on the 1dq1 market controlled and in many cases cheaper than Jita.

If we find people relisting on the market or ripping stock off to resell in jita you end up on that ACL for at least a quarter. Repeat offenders get lengthier sentences. Burden of proof is fairly high, a screenshot like what was passed around in here showing a clearcut relist is the minimum standard of proof.

It doesn't really matter what it is either, because it's never just that one thing. I can take that screenshot, use ESI to dig into their market history, and I'll always find it's a pattern of behavior. There's some pretty epic meltdowns that occur when caught too.

My personal favorite is an Amok guy who fancied himself as THE drug/booster supplier for the coalition. Because he built all the drugs himself, he thought he could set the price for them. After getting caught buying out cheaper drugs imported straight from Jita (I caught him, he bought out my imported drugs) that were competing with his organically sourced and made in 1dq1 drugs and getting dragged publicly about it, he decided he'd get even and show me...

By buying out all the drugs I had imported and giving them to AMOK and then quitting the game.

So uh... thanks for the 5bil isk I guess?

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

The surge of sheer pleasure that one must experience when the chance comes to run an audit on someone while role-playing as a space corporation middle manager

It's more like fishing. You get one on the hook and it's more about the fight that ensues while reeling them in.

Versus the "My bad, you got me, I'll pay more attention next time." The stunned carp metaphor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Sickening posted:

Does selling on contracts go around the goonfucker acl or no?

Not really. CCP doesn't really assign equivalent fee structures to contracts that they do for the market, so there's not really any penalty for the goonfucker acl to hook into.

I'll throw someone on it if there is doctrine contract fuckery going on, but that's actually pretty rare.