Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CrushedWill
Sep 27, 2012

Stand it like a man... and give some back

Kazinsal posted:

There's probably less than a dozen SA goons in GSF at this point, most of us are in Goosefleet

So does that mean that Goonswarm is not active, or does that mean a new set of edgelords have taken control of recruiting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

it means the pubbies won

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind

Kazinsal posted:

There's probably less than a dozen SA goons in GSF at this point, most of us are in Goosefleet
Isn't Goonwaffe still SA only? Pretty sure I've seen more than a dozen Goonwaffe members in space.

CrushedWill
Sep 27, 2012

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

it means the pubbies won

Given how all the drama went down, I'm ok with this result.

SwashedBuckles
Aug 10, 2007

Have at you!

Elukka posted:

Isn't Goonwaffe still SA only? Pretty sure I've seen more than a dozen Goonwaffe members in space.

Goonwaffe is SA or a vouch from an active member. There does seem to be a lot more activity over the past few months with people joining or coming back from a break, and the corp discord has a pretty lively chat. Jay stealing everything in sight ironically brought the corp closer together trying to fix things.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

If you want to do typical null coalition stuff, Waffe is fine

Otherwise go honk around in holes and Stain with Goosefleet

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!

CrushedWill posted:

So wait a minute...

Goons are still signing up from SA and playing eve? Even after de-mittening and the great shun of 202x-whenever?

(honest question, I'm genuinely surprised if so)

TBH, this has been the most inviting its felt ever in the 15 years I've on/off played.

CrushedWill
Sep 27, 2012

SwashedBuckles posted:

Goonwaffe is SA or a vouch from an active member. There does seem to be a lot more activity over the past few months with people joining or coming back from a break, and the corp discord has a pretty lively chat. Jay stealing everything in sight ironically brought the corp closer together trying to fix things.

I was former goonwaffe that took a break due to RL, then saw what happened with the mittens (and SA) drama and said nope.

Not sure what hapened with Jay stealing stuff (I have been away a long time), but I am glad to hear that things are better now. It was really an interesting time being part of Theta, living in Deklein, and doing importing stuff into VFK.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Lorem ipsum posted:

I've been issued an eviction notice from my corp for the crime of talking to other corps in the alliance

The screenshots in question?

rofl and lmao

loyalty. to a horde corp. horde. the place that is self described as "a mcdonalds experience"

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Lorem ipsum posted:

Honestly being in pee horde has been great other than the corp. Blessed Bean is great, join that one.

I don’t have much interest in going back to null, when I was in horde I ended up going to Dragon. who are basically the krabbiest krabs that ever did krab, they were great. Was there someone in this thread who was/is in moosearmy? I can’t remember.

Horde was good though.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

CrushedWill posted:

I was former goonwaffe that took a break due to RL, then saw what happened with the mittens (and SA) drama and said nope.

Not sure what hapened with Jay stealing stuff (I have been away a long time), but I am glad to hear that things are better now. It was really an interesting time being part of Theta, living in Deklein, and doing importing stuff into VFK.

After Mittens resigned last summer, Goonwaffe was an autonomous collective for three or four months. Some people wanted their tribe to have a leader however, and one of the aspirants to the job wanted to require paps.

I awoke from my slumber, yelled hell no, and seized the reins of (functional) power. That was in October of last year. After that I put in some fairly standard “if you cause me headaches I’ll yeet you into the sun” social policies, while returning waffe double srp, a free myrm/ishtar/mining barge replacement per month, mid-grade amulet replacement, and a cap cache of about 24 ships any goon could borrow.

People could join from SA or from a vouch from an active member. After 90 days vouches could apply for naturalization and vouch others. We still got 3-5 SA ppl per month but got a lot more from vouches. Since waffe leadership is just me and I operate in a strict “won’t start none there won’t be none” philosophy, I started getting a lot of applicants from other corps who were sick of middle management bullshit.

Our discord is a pretty happy place with a mix of old and new peeps and very little drama, other than when Jay Derkin swallowed the whole rear end SA bait on this forum and got perma banned. Anyway our liberal vouch policy earned the ire of a bunch of pubbie corps who blamed all our free stuff instead of their constant loving with people for why they were losing members.

So now we pay taxes, pay for our own moons, and cover our own bonus SRP, yet still are isk positive and grow more members because being chill unto each other is actually the secret sauce. Last Tuesday, jay amazingness, who started in the coalition as a literal 14yr old kid, and grew up in the coalition over the past 10-12 yrs flipped, removed market and clone services on the 1dq1 keep star and stole several trillion in alliance assets.

He also had full director in goonwaffe for “reasons” and cleaned us out to the tune of about 250 bil. I organized a donation drive in return for Jay hosed Me medals in order to reimburse amulets and nirvanas and at the time of this writing have gotten about 150bil in isk, 200 bil in caps, and another 50-60 bil in saleable goods. Turns out goons are still generous and take care of each other. I think at this point everyone who has asked for Implants has gotten them back, and we are diving feet first into angel fw.

And it’s all been credit to the members. Only thing I can claim is being around long enough to have seen it all before and take good ideas from my people when they have them. If you want to enjoy null or angel fw goonwaffe is in a good place now. Goosefleet is also having a lot of fun in stain too. Whichever style you looking for. I will say that while Goonwaffe is a large corp in the alliance with a lot of illum representation, we aren’t necessarily the center of gravity for the alliance, so you do have to, on occasion, deal with dumbassery from other corps in the alliance. If that’s going to be a hardship, I’d wholeheartedly recommend Goosefleet.

andromache fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Nov 21, 2023

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
none of these things would be happening if it wasnt for delta

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

andromache posted:

After Mittens resigned last summer, Goonwaffe was an autonomous collective for three or four months. Some people wanted their tribe to have a leader however, and one of the aspirants to the job wanted to require paps.

I awoke from my slumber, yelled hell no, and seized the reins of (functional) power. That was in October of last year. After that I put in some fairly standard “if you cause me headaches I’ll yeet you into the sun” social policies, while returning waffe double srp, a free myrm/ishtar/mining barge replacement per month, mid-grade amulet replacement, and a cap cache of about 24 ships any goon could borrow.

People could join from SA or from a vouch from an active member. After 90 days vouches could apply for naturalization and vouch others. We still got 3-5 SA ppl per month but got a lot more from vouches. Since waffe leadership is just me and I operate in a strict “won’t start none there won’t be none” philosophy, I started getting a lot of applicants from other corps who were sick of middle management bullshit.

Our discord is a pretty happy place with a mix of old and new peeps and very little drama, other than when Jay Derkin swallowed the whole rear end SA bait on this forum and got perma banned. Anyway our liberal vouch policy earned the ire of a bunch of pubbie corps who blamed all our free stuff instead of their constant loving with people for why they were losing members.

So now we pay taxes, pay for our own moons, and cover our own bonus SRP, yet still are isk positive and grow more members because being chill unto each other is actually the secret sauce. Last Tuesday, jay amazingness, who started in the coalition as a literal 14yr old kid, and grew up in the coalition over the past 10-12 yrs flipped, removed market and clone services on the 1dq1 keep star and stole several trillion in alliance assets.

He also had full director in goonwaffe for “reasons” and cleaned us out to the tune of about 250 bil. I organized a donation drive in return for Jay hosed Me medals in order to reimburse amulets and nirvanas and at the time of this writing have gotten about 150bil in isk, 200 bil in caps, and another 50-60 bil in saleable goods. Turns out goons are still generous and take care of each other. I think at this point everyone who has asked for Implants has gotten them back, and we are diving feet first into angel fw.

And it’s all been credit to the members. Only thing I can claim is being around long enough to have seen it all before and take good ideas from my people when they have them. If you want to enjoy null or angel fw goonwaffe is in a good place now. Goosefleet is also having a lot of fun in stain too. Whichever style you looking for. I will say that while Goonwaffe is a large corp in the alliance with a lot of illum representation, we aren’t necessarily the center of gravity for the alliance, so you do have to, on occasion, deal with dumbassery from other corps in the alliance. If that’s going to be a hardship, I’d wholeheartedly recommend Goosefleet.

nice meltdown

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

ded posted:

none of these things would be happening if it wasnt for delta

Not wrong.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
NGL it’s nice to see that waffe has actual representation in the alliance now. It was pretty obvious since about 2013-14 that Mittens was always more about cementing his own legend into the annals of Eve and there was literally an entire era of him loving over goons in favor of shitbird pubs that would evaporate whenever the hard times knock.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Kazinsal posted:

low level republican politician and lawyer brisc rubal is still friends with and is platforming the mittani and people are apparently astounded that shitheels stick together

oh is this so? Link?

CrushedWill
Sep 27, 2012

andromache posted:

Thanks for the history lesson (I do appreciate it).

At a certain point in numbers, I would assume a level of bureaucracy is necessary. With that comes risk of loss due to greed. Shame to hear about Jay.

It does seem like Goonwaffe is doing well, and that is great to see given past and recent events.

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

:heritage:

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

andromache posted:

So now we pay taxes

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

andromache posted:

lol seriously jay went fuckgoons? amazing.

is fnln still around? he owes me like 10b or something. cant care to count but if you could/would/want to find him, ask him for my money to be donated to the gewns fund

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
fnln chills here and probably has the liquid isk to pay you back

if not I can probably requisition you the money from a continuity fund

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
firstname lastname, paging firstname lastname to the thread

failing that, paging elusif to the thread

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Erulisse posted:

lol seriously jay went fuckgoons? amazing.

is fnln still around? he owes me like 10b or something. cant care to count but if you could/would/want to find him, ask him for my money to be donated to the gewns fund

he literally posted a couple posts up.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
wait, who was it again who wanted Waffe to be treated like a normal corp? If I remember it was the same dildo who told Mittani to get the gently caress offline while the shitstorm was raging, but I can't remember their name

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

wait, who was it again who wanted Waffe to be treated like a normal corp? If I remember it was the same dildo who told Mittani to get the gently caress offline while the shitstorm was raging, but I can't remember their name

So there were kind of two phases. In the initial shitstorm after Mittens resigned and a lot of people were grieving the loss of the only leader they'd ever known (lol), almost all alliance functions were pulled out of Goonwaffe. GSOL, Procurement, Finance, Blackops, Recon, Gooniversity all that went into its own altcorp. The only thing that remained in Goonwaffe was alliance SRP, mostly because I'm an old man who hates change and there's few people that gonna make me move when I don't want to move. Some of the motivation for that was to appease the masses, and some of it was because the illum heads of those functions were very upset and wanted to do something about it. There wasn't really a "who" in particular at this point, because it was pretty widespread across the alliance.

Even though all those functions moved out, however, the corp wasn't taxed, gsol continued to fuel and maintain its corp moons, we had free double srp, etc. It was just kind of on autopilot. I think the majority of people thought it would merge into Karmafleet or die out now that the Delta Menace was Expunged. However that really didn't happen and we started growing like 15-20 people (not characters) a month because of our hassle free environment. I don't require paps, I just require someone to make a post, be on jabber, be on mumble, or go on a fleet at least once in the past 60 days. Just do one of those things and you stay. That's it.

So that appealing environment led to phase 2 where multiple membercorps drat near rioted to Asher about Goonwaffe's special status. Because it had to be the free stuff Goonwaffe has, not their own lovely practices that are at fault, right? So on September 16 our special tax free status on industry, moons, and ratting was revoked, we had to fuel and pay for our own moons, and I have to reimburse the alliance for our bonus SRP. Despite all that we still regularly get refugees from other corps. I wasn't told who bitched to Asher, though I have my suspicions, and it's probably good they don't tell me because knowing me my words would likely hurt them.

Turns out in hindsight Phase 1 was a good idea because it limited the damage Jay could do. He had full director in goonwaffe so the only things he stole at an alliance level was about 40bil in SRP isk, and 40 sets of mid-grade amulets. Everything else in Goonwaffe was the corporation's stuff I'd built over the past year.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

is that corp the one with the really cringe name?

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Not really narrowing it down for me there boss. :P

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

touche :dadjoke:

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Rhymenoserous posted:

he literally posted a couple posts up.

That doesnt help, Ive been paging him for over a year, across 2 3 drama eve threads and in discord dms

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Erulisse posted:

That doesnt help, Ive been paging him for over a year, across 2 3 drama eve threads and in discord dms

Maybe take the hint. They just aren't that into you.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Sickening posted:

Maybe take the hint. They just aren't that into you.

I know, Im not a hundo bill for everyone to like me

BECAUSE HE HAS MY drat HUNDO BILLS

OverdriveNotso
Jul 16, 2020

andromache posted:

Turns out in hindsight Phase 1 was a good idea because it limited the damage Jay could do. He had full director in goonwaffe so the only things he stole at an alliance level was about 40bil in SRP isk, and 40 sets of mid-grade amulets. Everything else in Goonwaffe was the corporation's stuff I'd built over the past year.

And about 1-2 trillion isk in JC damages, that madlad should've done it 10 minutes before downtime so we could all finally quit this stupid game.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Got this in my e-mail this morning from CCP

quote:

First Strike event 7 Dec – 11 Dec
Follows on from successful tech test #1

Greetings,

It is with incredible excitement that we are emailing to inform you that EVE Vanguard, the new FPS module for EVE Online, will be coming online 7 December for a limited time event.

First Strike, running until 11 December, is the first time EVE Vanguard will be publicly playable and offers players the ability to add to the ongoing chaos and corruption caused by the recent Pirate Insurgencies in New Eden from the ground.

To be eligible to participate, an active Omega account is required, and players will be able to access EVE Vanguard directly from the new EVE launcher. Omega packages are currently 20% off in the EVE Store until 28 November, so it’s a great time to upgrade and make yourself eligible!

EVE Vanguard is currently in early development and is being created in conjunction with the community. First Strike is the first step in our Founders’ Access program, provided as added value to our Omega players who will help us shape the next decade of EVE Online. Be sure to check out https://vanguard.eveonline.com/ for more information which will be revealed in the lead up to First Strike.

Event Details:

Event starts: 7 December 2023 @12:00 (midday / noon) UTC
Event ends: 11 December 2023 @12:00 (midday / noon) UTC

Ahead of First Strike, a tech test will be run on 26 November with servers supporting players in NA and Europe. Invites will be sent out later this week so keep your eyes peeled for that when it lands.

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

Where's my mass driver ccp?

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

karmafleet?

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

:rip: synde

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

ded posted:

karmafleet?

:golfclap:

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Erulisse posted:

I haven't been on discord or at my pc much for a bunch of reasons but not dodging u
my life's an unstable cataclysm recently, grandmas having back surgery right now like in the OR rn :smith:

just contracted you 4050 plex tho cuz i dont have time to liquidate it and don't wanna be a bum

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
IF I REPORT SOMETHING, BAN ME.

andromache posted:

250b looks pretty low based on the ~5T stolen in the video he posted https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwvhQ6O_SPs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

FirstnameLastname posted:

I haven't been on discord or at my pc much for a bunch of reasons but not dodging u
my life's an unstable cataclysm recently, grandmas having back surgery right now like in the OR rn :smith:

just contracted you 4050 plex tho cuz i dont have time to liquidate it and don't wanna be a bum

to which character may i ask? i can't seem to navigate the new ui properly so can't see your contract