Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ragnarokette
Oct 7, 2021
I'm trying to think of how many ops I've been on in the big null blocks where I haven't heard some sort of casual racism or misogyny. Whenever it bubbles up along with last week's taco bell the incredibly clever solution is just to tell them to shut up because it's adjacent to The Forbidden Topic.

I don't think booting these people or lecturing them will magically undo all that cultural inertia so I get why we have landed on this imperfect solution, but it's been pretty ubiquitous in my experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ragnarokette
Oct 7, 2021

Cast_No_Shadow posted:

Incorrect.

You should kick their rear end to the curb.

Awox them too for good measure.

But FC I only fly logi like a good egirl.

ragnarokette
Oct 7, 2021

Cast_No_Shadow posted:

I just saw your tag and bothered to read your name. Now i feel bad cause you did join a better corp

It's ok I will forgive you for this rash moment of assumption, which certainly never happens on the internet. :honk:

ragnarokette
Oct 7, 2021

Kazinsal posted:

pros: we're not racist/sexist/LGBTQ-phobic
cons: after the leadership shakeup, we're now run by a triumvirate of d-name posters

Dukes Mayo Clinic posted:

d in name, s in tier.

ragnarokette
Oct 7, 2021
Big PaDDy also arguably a D name? :tinfoil:

ragnarokette
Oct 7, 2021

floppyspud posted:

Binary-coded decimal?

Bingus containment device

ragnarokette
Oct 7, 2021
No more space emperors, only space anarcho-Poitot-syndicalists

ragnarokette
Oct 7, 2021

Cast_No_Shadow posted:

Files made me join

Also not what made me join but honerouable mention for the drama factory that was DPPH

Kinda same lol, I got gifted an account in like 2008 so I could keep current on One Piece scanlations but I never really ventured much outside of that one thread. I lost the login (and it had a name that hasn't aged super great) so I ended up forking over tenbux of my own to keep up on Eve drama. Turns out a lot of threads in the art section are actually really good, if slow. But that also makes them pretty easy to keep up with and it's been a pretty good bored-at-work read since I've finally ditched Twitter.

I guess my posts aren't bad enough to inspire an emote so I am proof that you can at least attain mediocrity in posting despite having both Dreddit and Karmafleet on your corp history.

ragnarokette
Oct 7, 2021
My proposed solution to sov is that we all become renters from crowd control productions games, ltd. For the low low cost of 20 currency units per month, you get access to all sorts of fancy systems and ships. Perhaps we can even pay them more for the privilege of putting a little flag on a star system so that we can grind improvements and get more lucrative space business opportunities.

ragnarokette
Oct 7, 2021
I lived in a C2 with a high sec static for a while, mostly solo but with a few relatively fresh noobs. I really liked living there, the logistics were fairly easy to handle myself and there was plenty of low effort content. I do think we would have been better off in low sec or something though just because wormhole knowledge adds a whole extra layer of complexity onto an overwhelming game.

ragnarokette
Oct 7, 2021
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6LKfi9DUCs

ragnarokette
Oct 7, 2021

floppyspud posted:

So how much money did you guys lose in pods today?

0 because I am a Dangerous Schismatic or something

also someone needs to reset the count in the title from 0 weeks back to 0 weeks, this definitely is an implosion.

ragnarokette
Oct 7, 2021

40 lbs to freedom posted:

imperium stinks karttoon was right free elusif

ragnarokette
Oct 7, 2021
It's almost like when you advertise your game to the socially maladjusted your player base will be full of socially maladjusted people nursing 500 year long grudges over posting. It's also why we keep coming back cause man it's fun to watch.

ragnarokette
Oct 7, 2021

Cease to Hope posted:

oh that's why they tolerated xenuria for so long. they confused CSM for CSAM

ragnarokette
Oct 7, 2021

Cenodoxus posted:

Every time I start missing eve: online I log in and then I stop missing it.

ragnarokette
Oct 7, 2021

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

paraphrasing a ping from our fearless leader Dceet, but geese are back in the fold. we're taking a constellation in period basis and should be integrated into the coalition services shortly. glad to be back!

ragnarokette
Oct 7, 2021

WilWheaton posted:

Oh. Keep honking the good honk

keep farting the good fart in local

ragnarokette
Oct 7, 2021
nice meltdown

ragnarokette
Oct 7, 2021
nice mailtdown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ragnarokette
Oct 7, 2021

Kaysette posted:

There's a lot of stuff you can't do in EVE without more time investment, but it does have a very expansive indefinite free trial to check out:

https://www.eveonline.com/signup?invc=334ec536-4ac1-4739-9c6f-4e62cee77b53

I'd say it's worth playing around with and doing the tutorial just because there's really nothing else like it.

There's nothing else like it because game devs had the profound insight that games should be fun on May 7th 2003