Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

Jay Derkin posted:

I would consider actual inclusion to be leaving everyone the gently caress alone and letting them live the way they want to. This recent trend of "You disagree with X small thing means you're a bigot and we hate you" is just ludicrous.

what's an example of the X in this equation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

Dukes Mayo Clinic posted:

d in name, s in tier.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

Goosefleet's been playing with a bunch of groups where we have a shared understanding of No Bigots, it's kinda' remarkable how many join up with us and breathe relief that that's like our one requirement.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

Kaysette posted:

AWU, werewolves of Jita

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

Andohz posted:

CCP finally managed to get our logo in the game :goose:

it took months but i'm glad to see it's finally in :unsmith:

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

DerekSmartymans posted:

Tbqh, I was simply asking what a NPSI fleet was. I hate seeing acronyms I can’t parse, especially in games I play. Seems kinda weird, but I’m pretty sure that doesn’t appeal to me. And then the whole “don’t piss off the diplos” just adds to that.

Not Purple Shoot It. Everyone in a fleet has a purple standing icon in chat/overview.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

Lady Militant posted:

wait theres two threads now? anyway uh, reposting from the other thread:

Iv not played in quite a few years, does anyone still rorq mine? I liked mining back when I used to play and was thinking of rejoining goooooooons and shooting rock

Rorq mining got nerfed into the ground, they're now better served as mining support for exhumers. The days of a hundred rorqs swarming a moon pop are long over.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

:honk: sup whole squid

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

We here in Gooseflock Featheration leadership were saddened to hear about the extremely funny shenanigans Jay Amazingness pulled on GoonSwarm Federation. Because of this, thousands of poor people lost their clones with extremely expensive implants!

In response, we formed the Goosefleet GOONICEF Aid Flotilla, a 14-person-strong fleet of Rifters, Covops, an Exequror, and one very plucky Jackdaw. We docked up in Amarr, filled our cargoholds full of +1 implants, warclone blanks, pax amarrias (for spiritual healing), fireworks, and set out to 1DQ1-A to deliver some much-needed aid.

my buzzard loaded up and ready 2 roll

The locals in 1DQ were very appreciative as we honked and dropped cans of +1 implants all over the 1DQ Fortizar grid. Finally, the destitute members of GSF could start rebuilding their lives after having so many implants ripped out of their skulls.

so many cans, so many implants left to drop

credit to corgski for all these cans

After aid was delivered, we made our way back home and celebrated with a hearty medal for our members. Op Success.

:honk:

Bonus shoutout to Jay who found us extremely funny and sent us 5b ISK

Zkill Report: https://zkillboard.com/br/151727/

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

Bloody Pom posted:

Almost as embarrassing as my first ever killmail being a blue-on-blue because I didn't have my UI set up right. RIP to that Daredevil, though really that was as much his fault for getting tackled by a poverty Rifter.

you were 100% correct to take and win that fight :colbert:

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THE BIG PUSH a.k.a. we formed up and listened to test comms live as they realized in real time the leadership was bailing on them

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

Phlegmish posted:

I won EVE shortly after WWB ended, and completely lost track of it since then...decided to check in today, and INIT left the Imperium? The Mittani's been ousted?? GSF and even GEWNS no longer associated with Something Awful???

Mittani's hella' gone and also permabanned here. See below for how Goonfleet is doing post-mittani. Delta's still posting (about a lot of game besides eve now) and we now have another SA group not doing sov warfare called Goosefleet (no relation to GSF, we gently caress around in stain and holes).

andromache posted:

After Mittens resigned last summer, Goonwaffe was an autonomous collective for three or four months. Some people wanted their tribe to have a leader however, and one of the aspirants to the job wanted to require paps.

I awoke from my slumber, yelled hell no, and seized the reins of (functional) power. That was in October of last year. After that I put in some fairly standard “if you cause me headaches I’ll yeet you into the sun” social policies, while returning waffe double srp, a free myrm/ishtar/mining barge replacement per month, mid-grade amulet replacement, and a cap cache of about 24 ships any goon could borrow.

People could join from SA or from a vouch from an active member. After 90 days vouches could apply for naturalization and vouch others. We still got 3-5 SA ppl per month but got a lot more from vouches. Since waffe leadership is just me and I operate in a strict “won’t start none there won’t be none” philosophy, I started getting a lot of applicants from other corps who were sick of middle management bullshit.

Our discord is a pretty happy place with a mix of old and new peeps and very little drama, other than when Jay Derkin swallowed the whole rear end SA bait on this forum and got perma banned. Anyway our liberal vouch policy earned the ire of a bunch of pubbie corps who blamed all our free stuff instead of their constant loving with people for why they were losing members.

So now we pay taxes, pay for our own moons, and cover our own bonus SRP, yet still are isk positive and grow more members because being chill unto each other is actually the secret sauce. Last Tuesday, jay amazingness, who started in the coalition as a literal 14yr old kid, and grew up in the coalition over the past 10-12 yrs flipped, removed market and clone services on the 1dq1 keep star and stole several trillion in alliance assets.

He also had full director in goonwaffe for “reasons” and cleaned us out to the tune of about 250 bil. I organized a donation drive in return for Jay hosed Me medals in order to reimburse amulets and nirvanas and at the time of this writing have gotten about 150bil in isk, 200 bil in caps, and another 50-60 bil in saleable goods. Turns out goons are still generous and take care of each other. I think at this point everyone who has asked for Implants has gotten them back, and we are diving feet first into angel fw.

And it’s all been credit to the members. Only thing I can claim is being around long enough to have seen it all before and take good ideas from my people when they have them. If you want to enjoy null or angel fw goonwaffe is in a good place now. Goosefleet is also having a lot of fun in stain too. Whichever style you looking for. I will say that while Goonwaffe is a large corp in the alliance with a lot of illum representation, we aren’t necessarily the center of gravity for the alliance, so you do have to, on occasion, deal with dumbassery from other corps in the alliance. If that’s going to be a hardship, I’d wholeheartedly recommend Goosefleet.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

Krataar posted:

How do I get into goosefleet? Do they have a PGS thread? their in game discord is broken.

Here's the Goosefleet PGS thread. If the Discord link in that post doesn't work please shout because discord now kills all non-custom-URL invites after 30 days.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

Kaysette posted:

especially the jackdaw

ok time to start a new fight in the eve thread

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

jackdaw my beloved

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwQXpjiQvWc

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

ZombieLenin posted:

Wow people are really angry about this spaceship game, which I get I guess if you feel bad things happened to you.

However, as an outside observer who wasn't playing the spaceship game when bad things happened, I am completely lost in all the bickering and it makes reading through the thread kind of unpleasant.

Also, since this is a game you play for fun, I can wholeheartedly recommend you play it however you want with whoever you want--and that's fine.

I am very uncomfortable with the vibe I am getting here where some people seem to be telling me I am doing my fun wrong, and oh by the way I am a racist, bigot, or rear end in a top hat and/or support such behavior because someone else in an online spaceship game organization with 7 thousand or so other people in it might be one of those things.

we moved on to jackdaw chat you dingus!!!

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

Elukka posted:

Like most Caldari ships it looks better if you Foss it up but the skins for this are all really expensive.

i got the vitalshift skin, which is a pro choice for any ship it's available on but especially the jackdaw

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

Greg Haza posted:

We're allowing you there with some unpopular/bad-take opinions on things too, actively looking the other way.

oh word like what

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

we could have just talked about space i beams, but noooooooooooo

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

there's not a lot, but it's also an alpha build so i wasn't expecting too much going in. basic gameplay loop, one gun to shoot other people with, i wouldn't be too surprised if part of this release was also to stress-test servers for gameplay.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

Coasterphreak posted:

why would I train Caldari

why would anyone

Kaysette posted:

average jackdaw enjoyer

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

Kaysette posted:

no more d name posters please i'm begging you

:madmax:

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

Baron of Bad News posted:

Tuzy is my Titan character. I do not normally log into him, hardly ever. Random alliance members who don't understand Tuzy isnt my main and aren't as familiar with Jabber send EveMails to Tuzy when they need help with something related to GSOL. For the last 6 months, as Delta squad has kept up their non-stop spamming of GoonWaffe corp mail, something that hadn't been allowed within the corp, for years, it has caused me to not be able to use the login screen anymore to see if I had any mail.You see, hardly anyone would ever send evemail to Tuzy, but occasionally, like once or twice a month, someone would. I would then log in Tuzy, and respond, edcuating the person it was better to send me a forums PM or jabber PM if they needed me.However, Delta dumb gimmick has made the "Evemail on the login screen" function effectivley useless to me and I have to now log Tuzy in every day just to clear a bunch of loving useless mail. Its infurtiating. Can you guys please find some other stupid gimmick to occupy your time and stop creating more work for me, who already has too many loving things to do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

salartarium posted:

So I wonder if Quern’s Hardpoint is going to be obsolete or they will just upgrade all I-hubs in place. No more TCU also means no POS fuel reduction bonus.

It sounds like Structure Hubs get upgrades like Pirate Detection Arrays similar to IHubs, so i'm betting IHubs get upgraded in-place and TCUs just go away with buyback for unplaced ones.