Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Guavanaut posted:

Like in Ghostbusters 2.

i caught the same vibe

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Aipsh posted:

Just went for a CT scan (clap 4 are boyz in da NHS) and as soon as the dye went in and I felt like I had just pissed myself several times over it made me think being a senior sensible politician must feel like that.

hope it comes back well.

when i went in a few years ago for one the nurse explained a couple of times: “you’re going to feel like you peed yourself. you did not. i promise you did not. but you will think you did.”

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

serious gaylord posted:

Havent been able to find a brocolli for 3 days on the south coast. Worlds gone mad.

finally the true repercussions of brexit

brexiteers don’t care because they don’t eat broccoli

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Wachter posted:

Broccxit

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

on top of it just being indecent to charge that kind of money the wild jump in billing should have resulted in a bunch of notifications after the first day. ideally that would disable data unless you reply with some understanding but i mean lol

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Guavanaut posted:

Now thanks to compulsory education people can go on bitchute and claim that the Pope is in league with the Jews to move the sun further away.

i’ve started noticing profiles of american conservative catholics say things like the pope isn’t the seat of true catholicism (because he too woke)

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Tesseraction posted:

Being fair, American "Christianity" has been primarily protestant and the shift towards Catholicism was mostly an attempt to RETVRN when the Catholic Church was still turbo-regressive compared to American shifting values.

All in all when discussing American "Christianity" it's best to take it as separate from the real Christian faith. Which, while flawed, at least occasionally has people who live Iesyu's teachings.

agree to disagree here, they’re part and parcel of christianity if a more extreme sect of it and using scare quotes is just an ad hoc rescue

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Guavanaut posted:

So do people get more gay in summer and less in winter? There should be at least an observable difference between countries with long annual hours of sunlight and those without.

Morocco - super gay, Scotland - extremely straight??

Is there an observable difference between Inverness and Kent?

Or does he also think that the scientific method was invented by gay popes?

well even the straights are gayer in spain so it fits

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

keep punching joe posted:

Scotland is pretty gay tbh

all those men and their plaid skirts smh

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Tesseraction posted:

I'm an atheist who thinks that Christian morality as described in the New Testament is worth adhering to, while believing that the worship of a God is not really conducive to that

I am not using the quotation marks to excuse religious people; I'm using it specifically to decry them

they don’t serve that purpose, they just make you sound like you’re conducting a christian purity test. the insistence on an archaic spelling of jesus adds to it

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

yeah ok

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Guavanaut posted:

Wait wait so if chemtrails are to block out the sun then does that make them an anti-gay government plot?

they don’t block uv muahaha

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Two of these haven't even come out yet

and that’s a single franchise

i watched twd for a little while. my so and i call it Argument Farm because it seemed like that was a whole season and i gave up on it

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

killerwhat posted:

I was on holiday recently and saw this artwork. It's called "Surprise with the Glare" by Takao Tsuchida. I think the face looks like Wes Streeting :eek:

moisturize me

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

i like all berries tbqh but grocery store berries are rarely the best showing for any of them

we keep a 2.25kg box of frozen ‘wild’ blueberries on hand at all times tho

as for gin, i do enjoy it occasionally. i’m not much of a cocktail person tho so if cocktails are happening i’ll do gin, soda, and lime. i prefer bourbon tho and mostly just drink beer

mediaphage fucked around with this message at 12:00 on Nov 29, 2023

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Blackberries are pretty lit and there is probably a massive bush within walking distance no matter where you are. I take a couple of large tubs and load up the freezer when they're in season.

aww yea. the superior option for cobblers to be sure

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

kecske posted:

what berries do you make that with

whiskey berries obviously

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Hello. I have a urinal in my flat and it has changed my life – so why are people appalled?

\

i idly asked the possibility of this aloud once and my so was like noooooooope

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Darth Walrus posted:

I believe the marketing term is 'peaty'.

peaty stuff always tastes like i’m chewing on a bandaid

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

while on the topic we got given a bottle of bushmills some years ago and it’s still almost full. neither of us appear to like the flavour at all

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

i’m sure it’s still called that in a lot of american bars but even then many have dropped it for fear of making people uncomfortable

in college i of course used the same tasteless phrase to make cake bombs to take to parties. chocolate guinness cupcakes, whiskey in the chocolate ganache filling and baileys in the buttercream on top

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I saw something in Home Bargains today that looks horrible:
Christmas Pudding flavour crisps! I did not try. I cannot even imagine.

which flavour d’you think they centre around for the powder coating. raisin? general brown?

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

maple bacon seems like an easy and perfect flavour to get right, it's probably just maple flavouring and hickory smoke

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Those crisps never share a building with those ingredients though I thought, it's all some chemistry fuckery. Like the meat flavoured crisps that are also vegetarian.

well sure, i did say maple flavour. but the hickory smoke is probably real because it's cheaper to produce than to try and synthesize something. generic meat flavour is usually some sort of umami source like a hydrolyzed soy or something

speaking of which, this was a favourite thing growing up

which actually used dehydated cooked chicken powder as a flavour but i dunno if they still do

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

comedy crisps is a good turn of phrase. we use "prank cheese" in my house to describe these products after my sister-in-law ate a piece of maple infused cheddar one year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

NotJustANumber99 posted:

If you're talking about the people that died today, they died in November though.

souls burnt to embers with the deaths of november