Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Microplastics posted:

They need labour do get in and do the unpopular thing of raising taxes and investing in the country

boy are they in for a surprise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

InspectorCarbonara posted:

To think it was not that long ago it was only the llamas he wanted to kill.

well they do say that serial killers start with animals

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Guavanaut posted:

Ah that explains why MPs and Lords protect us by taking as much of that shame on themselves as possible, and the more state money they take, the more shameful they look.

why is Matt Han's Cock giving a press conference

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

smellmycheese posted:

Sir Keith repeatedly punching sheep and cows in the face and demanding they respect him

https://twitter.com/countrylifemag/status/1699417219556413627?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

what the gently caress is this even supposed to mean

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

can never be too careful, those terrorists are always making plans to attack where it'll hit Britain the hardest, and that is *checks notes* Chapel St Leonards

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
dude had been in prison for 6 months and he hasn't even had a trial yet

I think trying to do a runner is fair game tbh

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
hmm I bet nothing big has happened since the last Scottish referendum which might have changed some people’s minds

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Jakabite posted:

I get that but it’s just not that big a deal really is it. The vast majority of the people in the UK are dog people and I’m glad we haven’t kowtowed to the minority who aren’t by making people leash dogs at all times. A dog occasionally coming to check you out is part of public life here.

I just worry every time there’s a moral panic that we’ll go the way of the US. I’d hate that for the dogs, owners, and me, who loves it when a dog comes and says hello

E: this wasn’t in reply to you HDS, hadn’t seen your post. That’s a hell of a run of bad luck.

ah yes, the minority of people who have issues with dogs because of past incidents should just go gently caress themselves

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Jakabite posted:

What’s your alternative suggestion? I’m sorry if my extremely tame, literally never nipped or growled at anyone in her life, 8 year old Labrador coming up to give you a sniff scares you, genuinely, but that’s life. Sometimes you’ll have to go through things you don’t love because society can’t be expected to adapt to every single fear people have.

Make people who are scared of dogs walk round in big cages like an armoured zorb is what I’m really saying

uh keep your dog on a lead? it’s not exactly a hard alternative to come up with

thinking that your freedom to let your dog roam is more important than other peoples’ freedoms to not have panic attacks is really making you sound like a Tory

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Jakabite posted:

Knew that was coming. No, sorry, my dog’s happiness at being able to run around in the park is more important to me than that, particularly if they’re going to act like a oval office about it like you do about almost everything.

E: particularly given that in my lifetime of dog ownership this has never happened. I’m sure it does but the fact you want all dogs leashed because an extreme minority are scared of them is beyond ridiculous.

lol wanting people who might have PTSD because of a previous dog attack to feel safe is “acting like a oval office”, got it got it

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Jakabite posted:

This is my take summed up more calmly than if JC hadn’t blustered in being an aggro prick as usual.

My dog has good recall, and if someone doesn’t look like they want to be approached they won’t be. A lot of people do in fact want to be approached though :woof:

I’m sure your dog is the goodest bestest dog on the whole loving planet but sadly there are other dogs who aren’t and if they’re all allowed to go rushing around everywhere off lead then bad things *will* happen

sorry that encouraging you to maybe spend half a second thinking about people and situations that aren’t you and yours is “being a aggro prick” I guess

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Tesseraction posted:

Number one cause of a bad dog is a bad owner IMO and IME.

100%

sadly bad owners either don’t realise they are or don’t care, which is where the problems happen

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I don't know where that guy lives but around here there are plenty of family/chain "no dogs/kids OK" pubs and I can't think of a single one that's the opposite

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Don't get scared of it and stand off while having tremors in your hands, take a confident picture. Let the camera focus.

my phone camera refuses to focus on spiders and will instead focus on what's in the background

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

DreddyMatt posted:

anyone comparing owning a dog to owning a gun is either disingenuous or a loving idiot.

how about comparing dogs to travellers? seems like that’d be right up your street

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
love having to quickly leaf through my copy of the Kennel Club encyclopaedia so I can work out if the dog rapidly approaching me is a “typically friendly breed” or not

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
bucket hats have had like 3 revivals by now, each less explicable than the last

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Microplastics posted:

I'm gonna break my "don't post pics of myself on SA" rule this once but only because I'm basically unrecognisable (unless you see me at Antichrist)

can confirm

if I didn't know this was you, I wouldn't have known it was you

e: cyberpunk is cool but I’d drown in my own sweat if I tried wearing that sort of thing in a club setting

at least with kink events you’re allowed to walk round basically naked

Julio Cruz fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Sep 14, 2023

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

bessantj posted:

If his books are anything like him answering a very simple question then they have 300 more pages than they need. He took 6 minutes where 40 seconds would have done. Kept on talking some bollocks about cancel culture and being true to yourself being the only way to live. Sounded like a smug prick.

isn't he one of the ex-SAS lot? I expect he has some extremely normal opinions on foreigners

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
if the SNP end up as the official opposition that means Labour have got ~500 seats which means Keith as God-Emperor for the rest of time

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Guavanaut posted:

The 1906 election wasn't a million miles away from the Irish Parliamentary Party having more seats than the Tories, with a massive landslide for the Liberals, who would continue to dominate 20th century politics and remain relevant today under popular and charismatic leader Ed Davey.

I think that kind of domination would lead to more like "10 years of more Blairite poo poo followed by a brand new party as people get tired of it" than God-Emperor Keith.

397/670 is, uh, a bit less dominant than 500+/650

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Simon Amstell was pretty notorious for playing the uni circuit in the late 2000s purely so he could pick up audience members in the bar afterwards

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Loonytoad Quack posted:

Well at a minimum Russell Brand is involved in the Dispatches thing as he's just put a video out on it on his YouTube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGr_PVUHn2I

having an edit in the middle of the word "consensual" is....a choice

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
sadly "the public's adoration" doesn't pay the mortgage once every agent in the industry refuses to represent you

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Mesopotamia posted:

Good, Labour should scrap the entire thing and spend the money on the other lines across the country. The connections between Manc-Brum-LDN are light years ahead of what the rest of the country has to deal with, and this entire project was just an attempt by Osborne to have some sort of infrastructure legacy, despite it not being what we need.

this isn’t Sim City, you don’t get all the money back if you cancel a project halfway through

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Mesopotamia posted:

No but there’s also such a thing as a throwing good money after bad. Given areas like mine continue to have unelectrified lines, forgive me for not thinking Osborne’s idea of throwing another 100 billion at another train connection for London is a good thing.

the Tories (and Labour too) are lying to you when they say there's not enough money to do both

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Jedit posted:

It's one of those "worst person you know" moments, but Morgan is in the right here. oval office though he is, Brand has got the right to due process and he shouldn't be tried in the court of public opinion - especially if it might let him get away with it.

if he didn't want to be tried in the court of public opinion he probably shouldn't have raped women while being a celebrity

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Apraxin posted:

https://twitter.com/trussliz/status/1703783632672903341
liz truss was on the verge of saving the economy from stagnation, but her brilliant ideas were thwarted by a sinister cabal of COMMUNISTS who HATE GROWTH, the cabal being specifically named as:

- the OBR
- economists, in general
- the tabloid press
- the conservative party

Tories have the world’s shortest memories I swear to god

we know what happens if we try Truss’s plan because we already tried it and everything went to poo poo, but now a year later they’re all queueing up to call for tax cuts and less regulation

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

kingturnip posted:

Yeah, but Labour probably won't cut taxes if they win the next election, so the window in which to make the rich happy is getting smaller and smaller.
It's not about fixing the country (well, Truss probably thinks it is because she's remarkably stupid), it's about setting up a free-for-all looting spree that no-one will go to prison for.

I’d be shocked if they don’t, because Rachel Reeves has been talking about how we need ~growth~ before we can invest in public services and there aren’t many other ways to make it look like you’re at least doing something

I’m expecting a corporation tax cut and then 5 years of nothing getting any better while Labour keep saying that they need to get out of the hole that the Tories left them in

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
the BBC coverage of the NHS strikes is just as fair and balanced as you’d expect

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Microplastics posted:

NJAN99 knows what he's doing

have you not been reading his house-building thread

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Apraxin posted:

lol

bold action against mad woke lefty proposals that your uncle saw in a facebook forward

surely for him to scrap a proposal he must also at one point have approved it?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I swear BBC news has got even worse, somehow

Chris Kaba was "hit by a bullet which went through the windscreen of the car he was travelling in"

how that bullet got there? :iiam:

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

I'm quoting from tonight's 10 O'Clock News, about 10 minutes in I think

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
but what percentage of our mashed potato do we import

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

DesperateDan posted:

they will probably tell you to do one if it was your fault or not

you got contents insurance?

mine has a separate little policy attached for poo poo like this

the last time I tried to claim on my contents insurance there was a £200 excess and it would have meant losing my no-claims so it would have cost me more money to claim than not to

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
the Met armed police throwing their toys out of the pram because someone was held to account for shooting an unarmed man is darkly hilarious

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Rugz posted:

It's not that someone is being held to account, it's that the CPS is apparently ignoring their own guidance on what to prosecute for some reason.

the CPS guidance being, presumably, “don’t worry if you shoot dead an unarmed man we’ll cover for you”?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Rugz posted:

Wasting the court's time and needlessly upending the life of a citizen for political reasons? The CPS have guidelines about what certainty they should have of obtaining a conviction, presumably you think they should do away with that requirement since refusing to prosecute isn't better than attempting and failing?

how about "upending the life of a citizen" because they killed someone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Rugz posted:

What is your opinion on the legality of killing someone in self defence as a private citizen?

because god forbid we hold the police, who are armed and allegedly highly trained, to a slightly higher standard than the general public