Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Inspector_666 posted:

I'm still kind of in shock at the deadline for the O's. They still have so many top prospects who are currently blocked by other top prospects already killing in at the MLB level, and they had clear needs.

My theory is it’s because there weren’t many sellers this year, the pickings were a little thin, and maybe asking prices were very high because everyone knows they have a prospect logjam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Think bigger! Ending the “not getting swept” streak by getting straight bounced from the wild card series/ALDS.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

I hope the Nats suggested the idea to Strasburg and he’d already been considering it himself given all the rehab struggles. It’d be so lovely if they’re strong-arming him into retirement, especially while the team is so dire these days and the fanbase on life support.

I know it’s going to wind up being the latter, but maybe not.

It is.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

These are some good recs. Thanks. Speaking of forthcoming books, Mike Duncan is working on one about Koufax.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

drat someone should have told him that was just an urban legend.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

https://twitter.com/chelsea_janes/status/1701327771010498916

Not do more damage? :confused:

Wouldn’t that only be the case if it was already completely torn?

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

elentar posted:

well gosh https://www.mlb.com/news/matt-olson-reece-blankenship-friendship

the interview portion actually got me teary eyed

Great story. Definitely deserving of their Clemente nomination. Olson seems like an alright dude.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

The first time he got sent down I saw a video questioning a hitch in his delivery, but maybe that was bogus and it’s something else.

The new rules about teams receiving picks for prospects who win or get ROY or runner-up are supposed to combat service time manipulation, right? I wonder if that’ll have an effect. I can’t imagine a bonus pick would make up for losing a year of your superstar.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

News:
https://twitter.com/bobbybaltimoree/status/1703517667645075491?s=20

Views:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

What a letdown. Those fans almost had a cool story to tell.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

I’m curious to see what the Twins will do in the postseason now that they’re untethered from the Yankees, but the Astros are the powerhouse headed for a showdown with the Braves.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

I guess Simmons took Philly’s appreciation of defense with him, huh?

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

IBBs fall under the category of Managin’

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Bregor posted:

I like how his profile pic is the USMC, for all his years of service :911:

They didn’t fight his preferred side so there’s no conflict. It’s like having an AL team and NL team.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Cartoon bird for sure

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Mustached Demon posted:

One of modern historys greatest crimes.

The crime being that Jeter removed it, right? Right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Kirios posted:

Astros didn't really celebrate at all yesterday and it does kinda show the difference between the two teams.

The defending WS champs celebrating a postseason birth would be a little gauche. The Rangers’ excitement feels appropriate, though.