Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Gatts posted:

One name not floating around is Jim Schwartz and I’m good with that because I want him back on the Browns rather than be poached for a HC.

Teams can't talk to Schwartz yet, right? I dunno how it works, but I will be distraught if he does get poached.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Docjowles posted:

This was one of the talking points this summer about why nobody made an offer to Lamar, too. “It would be too much work to put together an offer when the Ravens are just going to match it anyway”. Motherfucker your literal job is to write up contract offers to players, what the hell else is the GM doing in June or whatever that is more important than trying to land a franchise quarterback? At least come up with a remotely plausible excuse.

The amount of people in this very thread saying "it would be too hard to come up with a contract" was hilarious. It's the literal GM's job to do exactly that. Plus, you could probably just copy/paste an existing contract and make some tweaks. Absolute lol at the people who didn't want Lamar because they'd have to open up MS Word.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

There is a big difference between putting up a ton of work that was guaranteed to fail making it pointless and not getting a free draft pick because it was to hard

It wasn't guaranteed though. Baltimore was very much balking at Lamar's demands. Other teams had a shot and refused to even try. Sure, there was probably a 99% chance Baltimore matched, but why not take a shot at getting a franchise QB for the next decade by popping open MS Word for an hour or two?

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Master Stur posted:

none of them would risk anchoring their job to a massive contract just to spite the Ravens.

If the Browns weren't boat-anchored by Watson for the next 4 years, I'll bet they would have thought long and hard about it. Haslem, for all his faults, has no problem spending big bux on players and is also desperate for a franchise QB.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Benne posted:

So that puts us up to seven job openings, with possibly more to come. The blood is flowing good this year.

La Magra is pleased.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Cleveland Browns y’all

e: wrong thread, but sentiment still applies

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

It's past midnight PST and fat Mike still isn't fired.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

a neat cape posted:

You need two minority interviews, in person.

Don’t worry, they interviewed the landscaping crew. It all checks out.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Bumhead posted:

I don't make a habit of watching the Browns every week (because, ewww) but aren't running back and TE the strengths of their offense outside of Amari Cooper?

Ford was… ok, not great. Ups and downs. Ripped off a few long runs, but got bottled up for -2 to 2 yards a lot. He did have 4.0 YPC though, so I don’t think he was bad at all. Just hard when you’re filling in the shoes of Chubb. Kareem Hunt is basically just a third down back, with maybe a couple 5-6 yard goal line plays.

Njoku is basically the only TE doing anything. Harrison Bryant had 13 receptions for 81 yards on the season. I don’t even know who the other TEs on the roster are off the top of my head.

These moves surprised me at first, but I guess it makes sense. The offense with Watson really never looked fluid as it did with Flacco. I think there was a single game this season where I watched a Watson game and thought “yes, the offense looked really good.”

The weird thing is Stefanski is adamant on play calling. What OC wants to come here and not call plays? Puzzling moves (typical Browns), but I guess I can do some mental gymnastics and see why they were made?

https://x.com/NickPedone12/status/1747629197181247937?s=20

At the end of the day, Andrew Berry and Stefanski’s asses are on the line for Watson. And since he hasn’t looked good at all, minus one game (mayyyyyyybe 2), I can see why he loaded up the catapult. Preservation of self since they are absolutely stuck tied to Watson for 3 more years with no way out.

Henrik Zetterberg fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Jan 17, 2024

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Nervous posted:

There was a really in depth analysis of the running game here a few years back, and one its summaries/conclusions was that results like that are pretty much bog standard NFL stats for an RB. Nothing to indict over.

Yeah, totally. Ford did just fine doing his best filling in for an all-pro QB and it definitely could have gone much worse.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

BB gonna go back to the motherland: Cleveland

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Who is Adam gase, for those of us who are new to following coaches

You see the icon for this thread? That's Gase.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Has Vrabel actually interviewed anywhere? I can't remember seeing any reports of it.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Nononononononono
gently caress YOU TITANS

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Bears better slam the button on this offer.
Getting McLaurin, drafting MHJ, and an extra 2nd? They’d be dumb not to do that.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

"We can fire you at any time for any reason, but may god have mercy on your soul if you cancel a second interview, that's gone way too far!!!!!!"

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

What does a defensive quality control coach do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

"get back" coach

How much do they legit get paid? I feel like I’d be willing to switch careers to hold a coach back every Sunday.

I probably couldn’t hold a Dan Campbell or McVey back, but I’d have no issue with shoving a 72-year old Belichick back for 250k/year.