Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

a neat cape posted:

It seems hosed up that this is already year 7 in LA

If it makes you feel any better, I'll always call them the San Diego Chargers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

3 DONG HORSE posted:

he's black op

But the NFL put "end racism" logos everywhere!

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Tom Coughlin was hired specifically because he was a raging rear end in a top hat. He's white so that helped his case I suppose

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Ya Josh McDaniels coached them

This guy needs to be fired into the loving sun

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

He can replace Staley and coach the Chargers. He'll be an NFL legend only once he's blown up an entire division throughout his career. After Reid/Mahomes retires he can finish his victory lap "rebuilding" the Chiefs.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

mcmagic posted:

That motherfucker DOES NOT deserve to have a franchise QB dropped in his lap.

Only after Mahomes retires is fair enough

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

a neat cape posted:

Fire Staley

counterpoint: give him a 10 year extension

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Fire McDaniels

That is all

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Still hard to believe Marty got shitcanned after 14-2

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

The fanbase really wants to hang McDaniels' lifeless corpse from a bridge as a warning to future coaches but Mark Davis is gutless and probably won't fire him.

We might be 3-3 but it's a really ugly 3-3 and everyone pretty much hates him

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Getting shithoused by one of the worst teams in the league starting a nobody at QB won't even matter because Mark Davis doesn't give a single gently caress about winning anyway.

McD has to be in the running for one of the worst head coaches in NFL history. He lost to the Jeff Saturday Colts team, an injury plagued Rams team starting Baker Mayfield who had like 3 days to read the playbook and just got absolutely smashed by a team who was objectively in the top 2 worst teams in the league this year.

He's so loving bad!

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

solarjetman posted:

McDaniels with the Raiders is 5-0 against the Broncos and Patriots, and 4-15 against everyone else.

I wish we could beat the Broncos and Patriots consistently because wow I really hate those teams!

*monkeys paw curls*

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Our long national nightmare is finally over

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Give me Ben Johnson from Detroit and I'll be happy

Yeah, start AOC all year no matter what. If he's slightly promising and wins a few games, we've identified someone we can work with for the future. If he's dogshit then we might have a chance at getting one of those fancy blue chip QBs if we get lucky.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Cognac McCarthy posted:

I do not think the Raiders should start Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez at quarterback.

She can probably throw further downfield than Jimmy at this point.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

epic bacon posted:

fire every coach. ACAB

I'm really liking this Antonio Pierce guy so he's exempt from your coaching purge, tia

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Failson posted:

Is Deuce Gruden still with the Raiders?

Yes

Strength and conditioning coach extraordinaire!

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Nepotism is the bedrock of the NFL

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

You gotta at least give him credit for sticking to his gimmick no matter how stupid he sounds!

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Gorson posted:

They really hated McDaniels lmao every raiders win this year is a nail in his coaching coffin.
Is there any other coach who can challenge McDaniels as the most hated coach in NFL history? I'm having a hard time coming up with someone so universally despised by multiple fanbases.

Usually a coach is "hated" because he sucks or whatever but it's not true hatred, it's just frustration and at some point, as a human being you're like "well he's probably honestly trying his best but he's just not good at this so please go away" but with Josh I'd be pretty okay with watching him being tossed to a literal pack of wolves in the wilderness and letting nature take it's course.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Nervous posted:

Chargers job should be opening up and I'm sure they'd prefer a head coach with an offensive background this time.

McDaniels is an excellent coach to pair with a young QB! Imagine what he could do with Herbert!

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Q_res posted:

Run him out of town on a rail so he can replace him with Zach Wilson/Mac Jones?

We've already seen this movie, twice.

I had to suffer through it and I want more people to feel my pain.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

ghosthorse posted:

Now is your chance to stop the cycle and begin to heal

I feel as if I share a bond with Broncos fans now that can only be acquired through surviving the Josh McDaniels experience. I'd like to have that with all division rivals so that we can have a better understanding of one another. In a way, it truly is a healing path, it just requires a trial that one must endure to come out the other side a changed human being.

Chargers fans need this even if they don't know it yet.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Nervous posted:

Bill will finally be the coach Spanos splashes out for.

:yeshaha:

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

The wind will whisper ~Rutgers~

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Acebuckeye13 posted:

As a fan of a team that has spent most of its existence* in the dumpster, winning games is very fun and anyone who thinks their team should win fewer games is a giant idiot who doesn't know how good they have it.

Same

*this millennium

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Redeye Flight posted:

Why in God's name would you make a statement like this immediately after your team suffered an apocalyptic meltdown on defense? You gave up 41 points and had like the ninth game in two years where someone put up 500 yards of offense on your team, and you decide to go out there and go "No, we will not be making changes."

He's pulling the Josh McDaniels "i know I'm fired and don't give a gently caress" card like when he started Hoyer over AOC against a trashcan Bears team and got mauled anyway. Dude is definitely gone and should've been fired last year. Not that I'm complaining.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Publicly execute the guy whose job it was to count every player on the field and I bet those types of penalties go away real quick!

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

a neat cape posted:

I'm very tired.

At least you have a franchise QB, two in a row actually! My team hasn't had one in 20 goddamn years or since the 70's depending on your definition of "franchise QB" lol

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

a neat cape posted:

Having the QB and continuing to fail makes it feel insanely frustrating.

I get that. The rivalry garners little actual sympathy but I can certainly see how it would be so frustrating. I'm still shocked that y'all didn't get a chip with those Rivers/LdT/Gates teams. Ridiculous talent levels throughout that part of team history for sure.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Forrest on Fire posted:

The Night of Short Drives

:perfect:

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

a neat cape posted:

What the gently caress did I do to you

You gotta admit that it would be pretty legendary if the boy genius torched every team in the division from the inside. We would all share a special and unique bond that the rest of the league couldn't possibly understand!

Plus it would just be funny since I've already been through the McDaniels hell world

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

a neat cape posted:

OK but why not kc

They'll be after you, it's just that San Diego will have the more immediate head coaching vacancy.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Blackjack was fun in 2016 with his balls of steel playcalling but his lovely politics make him an insufferable dickhead.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

a neat cape posted:

what if the chargers don't fire staley

He has only one year left on his contract right? Imagine Spanos being so cheap that he runs out a lame duck head coach and wastes another year of Herbert just to save 4-5 million dollars or whatever.

That team doesn't deserve fans like you

Edit: I'd still laugh my rear end off though

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Docjowles posted:

Or Rodgers never plays again/returns and loving sucks because he's 40 years old and rushed back from a ruptured achilles treated with mud and dolphin squeaks. In which case the staff is blown up in an explosion that can be seen from neighboring galaxies.

This caught me off guard and loving killed me, good job!

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Why can't I just pick all the blue chip players I want?

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Blind Pineapple posted:

At least Carr had shown the ability to be a league average starting QB prior to being offered this contract. Maybe it's undeserved, but I'd like to see him with someone other than Dennis Allen at the helm before completely writing him off.

It's the patented Carr trap. It's either "he needs more weapons" "he needs a better coach" or "he needs a defense" and it never ends. I'm in recovery and can assure you that he'll never actually win poo poo. I wish he would, he's a good human being to my knowledge but he just doesn't have whatever the gently caress intangibles he needs to be anything other than an aggressively mediocre QB.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Pontius Pilate posted:

There was also the stat floated around at the time that the raiders had basically garbage defenses for carr’s entire time on the raiders and the saints were expected to have at least a functional defense

still lollin at the raiders fan I met in the wild this past offseason who was super hyped for jimmy g replacing carr because jimmy just wins

I probably would've tried to get that person some medical attention

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

McDaniels can finally get his wish to coach the Patriots again!