Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

fartknocker posted:

Bill isn’t gonna stop coaching until he breaks Shula’s record or drops dead.

He'd just claw his way out of his grave, shamble back to Gillette stadium, rip the headset from whatever idiot thought it wouldn't be Bill Belichick coaching the Patriots for the rest of eternity, and get back to work, muttering about linemen butts and blocking the entire time if he ever did drop dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

MaximilianK posted:

The Patriots actual succession plan

Still an upgrade over Matt Patricia and Joe Judge.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

I still can't think of them as anything but the SD Superchargers

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Probably Magic posted:

San Diego Chargers. Anaheim Angels. Seattle Thunder.

It was the Seattle Supersonics heathen.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Diva Cupcake posted:

I’ll stick with blood curse over his broken thumb causing his Achilles to explode.
https://twitter.com/albertbreer/status/1701617307775021442?s=46&t=DcBXErlGIUJUj8quAgYfkQ

It's time to accept what Osama tried to teach us back in 2001. Jets don't belong in New York.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Play posted:

What about their scheme do you consider mediocre?

That the head coach who's responsible for it has a last name that's an anagram of HEALS and healing has no place in football.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

EmbryoSteve posted:

Tbh whiffing on a qb so hard at #2 overall would be the end of most HC/GM s

I mean, look at the 49ers. If they weren't going deep in the playoffs every year, Trey Lance would have been the end of them. So I'm sure if we look at the Jets' results we'll see...

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Chris James 2 posted:

If Staley is still there in February the team should be moved again

I agree, if the chargers are in the super bowl they should move back to San Diego.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Every time I'm feeling down I think about the Urbz NFL saga and I feel a little better. Remember when he didn't know who Aaron Donald was?

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

So does Gannon get fired if the Cardinals don't get the #1 pick?

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

They're paying Payton 18 million a year and he's owed like 85 million still. He's not going anywhere unless the owners are gonna start leaking more emails.

This is like 2-3 days of Walmart profits.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Paint Crop Pro posted:

Good news is they can extend him right as Wilson's contract finally ends.

Thank you for your final acts of service to Seattle, Russ.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Benne posted:

Everybody treated Sam Howell like a joke and Bieniemy has him looking competent to pretty good. He's so obviously the real deal at this point.

Let him be the next head coach if the Jets.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Mega64 posted:

Josh McDaniels loving ditched a team last-minute and still got a second chance to lose to Jeff Saturday.

This is poorly worded/constructed. Josh McDaniels only got the one chance to lose to Jeff Saturday but he absolutely made the most of it. I get what you're trying to say about McDaniels dipping out on the Colts before though

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Ya the ref scamspiracy made Josh McDaniels coach them

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Mega64 posted:

I like that the more desperate the Broncos get, the worse they become. Oh, we haven't had a good QB since Peyton, let's trade for Russ and give him a ridiculous contract. Oh, our coach was a loving embarrassment, let's trade for a proven Super Bowl winning coach.

Next off season, it'll be all Oh, we have no draft picks. That's ok, Sean Payton can teach us all about mortgaging our cap for the next 20 years to fill out next year's roster. The year after that, they'll be all Oh we have no cap. But we'll able to use some of the draft picks we finally have to offload some of the bad contracts we signed the year before. After that, they'll finally be able to unload Russ and can maybe start the cycle anew.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Pretty sure the Bucs pulled that off first and the Rams are the copycats.

Matthew Stafford is a wannabe Tom Brady, got it.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

It's your mom's view

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Genuine question. Does anyone want a defensive HC in the modern NFL? Like are any of ya’ll chomping at the bit to hire Evero or idk who else is a hot young DC?

It just feels like you’re hoping for a miracle where they’re both still good at assembling a defense and at hiring OCs vs getting a dude who can actually coach offense

Give me Capers and give me death.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Cavauro posted:

my coach is a joe philbin disciple

Mines a two towers disciple

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Docjowles posted:

Mariota sucked rear end too. If you look at his 2022 stats most of them are in the same neighborhood as like Davis Mills and Russ. And it was even more egregious on deep balls where he was literally below 32nd. Which means his already bad overall stats were being juiced by a ton of meaningless short stuff

I’m sure his veteran presence had some benefits but “completing passes” wasn’t among them

I miss the Mariota that torched Fsu in the Rose Bowl

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

This is entirely plausible.

Bill can be DC

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

fartknocker posted:

and then they win today against Buffalo :tinfoil:

Bill was saving win #300 for them :tinfoil:

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

I'm sure Jeff Fisher is ready to return to LA

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

EmbryoSteve posted:

Enough about the seahawks

Pretty much. Except we're still close enough to the legion of boom and rwbs that there's probably more than two division titles.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

I wouldn’t want LaFleur to be fired without Gutekunst also being fired, but it also wouldn’t surprise me one bit if they jettisoned LaFleur and kept Gutekunst around to hire a replacement HC and squander our highest first-round pick since we drafted AJ Hawk. :shepface:

You'll get yet another Georgia defender and like it.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Cognac McCarthy posted:

I do not think the Raiders should start Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez at quarterback.

This was my first thought as well. However, maybe it'd give her some more push for a 2028 Presidential run.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

aperion posted:

The idea that Bellichick has to spend like 6 years chasing the all time wins records with 4-13 teams delights me so much. I want this to happen so bad.

He'll suffer a heart attack mid game in 2029 during the game that would have taken him over the top. Everyone will be so saddened that they won't finish the game, it'll be declared no contest, and Bill will forever be stuck sharing #1.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

MrLogan posted:

Mark Davis invented the QB hand warmer and has therefore contributed more to football than 31 other owners.

Jerry Jones has single handedly kept the Cowboys out of the Super Bowl for a generation. We really should thank him for his service.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Achernar posted:

While pretty drat funny, true comedy would be Belichick leaving the Pats, going to the Bucs and winning a Super Bowl, just like Touchdown Tom.

I'm ok with Baker Mayfield getting a ring this way.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Declan MacManus posted:

please don't refer to david carr as derek carr's brother

What should we call David? Proto Derek?

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Never change Russ. Glad I don't have to watch you eating sacks after hanging on to the ball too long anymore.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Simply delusional. Just incredible content.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

Unless the Falcons go on a loss streak he's not gonna be fired while they're 1 game back of the division title.

Don't have to be good, just have to be better then everyone else on trash island

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

It was a ton of fun to shitpost about the impending AR12 mega dynasty for the Seahawks.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Black Lighter posted:

Yeah, even with Young coming to be viewed as the #1, there's a chicken-and-the-egg thing with the Panthers telegraphing to everyone that he was their choice well in advance and coloring the discussion. I don't think it was nearly as clear-cut before that, though I could be remembering wrong.

It definitely wasn't clear cut. They were very much seen as a 1a and 1b kind of thing, iirc.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

I fully expect that at some point Bryce Young will get sacked so hard that his cleats and helmet will be all that's left, spinning in a cloud of dust while Kayvon Thibodeaux Thriller dances in the background.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

R.D. Mangles posted:

The only reason Eberflus is still coaching is that they are shedding like one coach every two weeks for "inappropriate behavior" and just need bodies.

Just elevate a coach from the practice squad or claim one off waivers.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Rodgers 100% taught Love the bare minimum he could get away with, if for no other reason than to spite Gutekunst for daring to draft his replacement without even the slightest of heads up. If anything, Rodgers probably tried to sabotage Love's development.

If it wasn't Aaron leading the team into the playoffs, gently caress it. He hated the entire front office anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

StupidSexyMothman posted:

100%
how do you sell yourself to any head coaching candidate (let alone any worth hiring) when you have essentially fired 3 coaches in a calendar year, your offense has no weapons and a soft o-line, your best defensive player is about to leave in free agency & you don't have a first-round pick

Clearly this is a post about production at the Factory of Sadness being at an all time high, right? Right?!?