Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
how long does trump go to jail for?
life
no jail time
elected president from a jail cell
goku
View Results

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

that's a professional right there. even when his face is doing that because of course that's the face you make in this situation, he still has the presence of mind to get the thumbs up. dedication!

https://i.imgur.com/ikiuNA3.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/ZCFLIBC.mp4https://i.imgur.com/MH57dWX.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/fsVWV4A.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

trimp

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
second flooe

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Bilirubin posted:

should be the joker really

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

computer touchers stay in yospos. this is a blue collar sub forum.

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!
"this one's for you, buddykins!"
               \

Poco
Jul 17, 2005

....I am a Tariff Man

Classic trump

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out
holky gently caress can u imagine four mother fuckin months of georgia trial

quote:

Prosecutors in Donald Trump's Georgia racketeering case say that the trial would take four months and include approximately 150 witnesses.

Mr Trump and 18 others are charged with a conspiracy to overturn the state's 2020 presidential election results.

A date for the trial has not yet been set, although prosecutors hope to begin on 23 October.

The former president and his co-defendants have all denied any wrongdoing and pleaded not guilty.

In court on Wednesday, state prosecutor Nathan Wade said that the expected timeline does not account for jury selection, which could potentially add months to the process.

Fulton County Superior Court Judge Scott McAfee said he hopes to decide questions regarding the trial's schedule by "either the end of this week or early next week".

All 19 co-defendants in the case have pleaded not guilty and waived their right to in-person arraignments, which were due to take place on Wednesday.

During Wednesday's court session, Judge McAfee also heard arguments on whether some of the defendants could sever their cases from the wider racketeering, or Rico, case.

Attorneys for Kenneth Chesebro sought to sever the counts against him, as did attorneys for Sidney Powell, a former Trump lawyer, who has also asked for a speedy trial - a constitutional right in the US.

Both will now go on trial together on 23 October after Judge McAfee denied a motion to sever their cases from one another.

In court, he said that he does not believe that "the severance for Mr Cheseboro or Ms Powell is necessary to achieve a fair determination of the guilt or innocence for either defendant in this case".

He added that two separate trials would "inconvenience" jurors and complicate scheduling.

In total, six of the defendants in the case have sought to sever their cases, including Mr Trump and ex-Georgia Republican chair David Shafer.

Other defendants are seeking to have their cases moved to federal court. A federal judge has yet to decide on the issue, known by the legal term of "removal".

Mr Chesebro and Ms Powell's trial is slated to begin on 23 October - the same date being sought by district attorney Fani Willis for the other 17 defendants.

Judge McAfee, however, said it seemed "a bit unrealistic" to try all the defendants together in October, noting that "we've got less than two months to figure this out".

In court, Mr Chesebro's attorney Manubir Arora argued that the far-reaching racketeering case would mean that his client would have to be in court for "weeks, if not months" of testimony unrelated to the specific charges against him.

Additionally, Mr Arora said that Ms Powell - who famously vowed to "release the Kraken" after Mr Trump's electoral defeat - was "sort of on a lark on her own" and not connected to Mr Chesebro.

Speaking to CNN after the court hearing, Mr Chesebro's second attorney, Scott Grubman, accused the government of "weaponising" the Rico statute to "connect three or four conspiracies into one".

Prosecutors allege that Mr Trump and his co-defendants were involved in a multi-pronged effort to overturn the results of the 2020 presidential election in the state, culminating with a phone call in which Mr Trump pressured the state's secretary of state to "recalculate" the vote tally.

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

I lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon.

RealityWarCriminal posted:

i have never seen that person post, but Tori CMOS is an S-tier username tbh

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
trumo

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

crime fighting hog posted:

trumescent at the prospect of a 4 month shitshow

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

I Love You

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

I Love You

lol

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out

ram dass in hell posted:

trumescent at the prospect of a 4 month shitshow

i will become increasingly isolated, happily!!

Qurnah
May 9, 2008

every treumpo you take
and every trumoe you make
Grimey Drawer

crime fighting hog posted:

does he have to be there

like ever

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

P E R K E L EEEEEEE

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 28 hours!
Ultra Carp

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
what the gently caress is this??

mexi
Mar 17, 2003

Time to call it a night.
every new thread makes me feel like rita repulsa being freed gif

El Palo Mota
Aug 5, 2009

mexi
Mar 17, 2003

Time to call it a night.
well except the last thread

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 28 hours!
Ultra Carp

BUSH 2112 posted:

i have never seen that person post, but Tori CMOS is an S-tier username tbh

You have seen him post thousands of times

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

mexi posted:

every new thread makes me feel like rita repulsa being freed gif

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

New thread please no more bamboozles. My heart can't take it

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Lol

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

That shark looks so pissed.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 28 hours!
Ultra Carp
My favorite PFC memory is when that dumbass NeatHeteroDude came on as a mod. I report every single PFC post but NHD would actually probe him for all of em. it was pretty funny

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Vim Fuego posted:

You have seen him post thousands of times

How do they post "trump?"

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

RealityWarCriminal posted:

stymie, is that you?

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
trum or die or both trunt and die

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

I Love You

Vim Fuego posted:

My favorite PFC memory is when that dumbass NeatHeteroDude came on as a mod. I report every single PFC post but NHD would actually probe him for all of em. it was pretty funny

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Vim Fuego posted: