Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
how long does trump go to jail for?
life
no jail time
elected president from a jail cell
goku
View Results

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

I lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon.

RealityWarCriminal posted:

computer touchers stay in yospos. this is a blue collar sub forum.

i have never seen that person post, but Tori CMOS is an S-tier username tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

Mr. Nice! posted:

that's one of his ancient names. he's also been known as annoying bastard and citizen tayne.

ahh okay lol. i'm not familiar enough with the CSPAM deep lore i guess

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

ArmZ posted:

what in the loving gently caress

lol i don't understand who they think these candidate playlists appeal to or what there is to get out of asking them to do this exercise

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

MLK Ultra posted:

i hung out with some penguins yesterday.
it was p chill

:3 animals and children make this stupid world worth living in imo

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

i really hate that i relate to that shirt lol

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

i must be getting old because this is really good

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

i'm listening to the whole album rn and it kicks rear end so far

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

Filthy Hans posted:

what is .818181818181818181... in it's simplest form

because I forgot

lol took me longer to get that than it probably should have

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

lol a loving night court reboot, goddamn

i feel like there's got to be some kind of anthropological term for just the absolute cultural stagnation in western society

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

Consummate Professional posted:

had a roommate do the same thing but wall. he went to the army hospital and they gave him like 50 percocets or something equally obscene

lol i actually also knew a guy who broke his hand punching a dumpster. it was during a particularly lovely shift in the kitchen at this restaurant where we worked

i don't know if he thought it was going to turn out any better for himself or he just really wanted to punch something. i think that anyone who's worked in a kitchen has hurt their hand punching the walk-in door, though

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

emfive posted:

Also a huge attic blower, what they called a "whole house fan", it would completely refresh the air in the house in about 30 seconds.

in Ohio we call those "hillbilly air conditioners" and they're loving awesome tbh

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

Schmoe Cwead posted:

my older cat decided she doesnt want to poo poo in her litter box anymore

she has become a dumping monster of no control!

i know the whole "when animals do this it's not cute it's [whatever]" thing has become a joke, but for real a cat deciding to do that is a sign that they're in distress and their cat brain associates the litter box with pain

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

tacodaemon posted:

not pooping though. girls don't poop (not doing that anymore is my favorite thing about being on trans girl hormones)

literally the only time i've gotten my mother to not be a huge downer when i talk about being trans was when i said that i couldn't wait to not have to poop anymore lol

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

William Bear posted:

The stupidest thing about all this was there was every indication that a House Republican majority would be totally ungovernable. Anyone who was paying attention in 2022 knew it. Yet Americans still voted for them!

i was just laughing to myself because i realized that if the demoocrats actually cared about anything or wanted to make this country not suck the best thing they could do is decide, as a party, to say "you know what? cool. we're going to let the most insane people that you idiots voted for run the country until the next election. we're going to vote for their stupid poo poo, we're going to openly mock them as we do so, and you assholes will have no one to blame but yourselves"

it still wouldn't work, but it would be pretty funny

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

ArmZ posted:

accelerationism ftw

no, i mean that's not good, but what the hell else are you going to do lol? i mean sure gay space communism now but that's not really an option

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

Bethamphetamine posted:

Seems like a legit science

goddamnit, and when i applied to college the counselor asked me "a psychology and history double-major? how do you think that you'll use that in the long run?"

"by getting a graduate degree and getting paid to write stupid bullshit" should have been my answer, gently caress

[edit] no joke that actually happened lol

[edit x2] then i did it and flunked out because i was smoking a half ounce of weed a day

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

i somehow just heard this song on tik tok the other day and it's really good imho (and the video is cool)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4MiC67seUY

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

tenderjerk posted:

:unsmith: despite all of the bULL poo poo there is still good in this world

lol yeah, i was fully expecting that video to be someone getting punched or something

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

bebop esq posted:

everyone excited for the big day?

jihad jewsday?

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

this song is such a loving banger, it's too bad the rest of their stuff isn't as good

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

Red Baron posted:

America is about to get back to war in the Middle East…

somewhere, Jeb! is clapping

eh, i actually kind of doubt that it'll come to that unless there's some big attack on the US that they can blame on Iran. they're clearly trying to work up a good frothy anger with all of the stuff about Hamas killing babies and whatnot, and hey it worked wrt Iraq in the 90's, but i really think that people just don't give enough of a poo poo to rally behind another war. at a bare minimum Biden isn't going to risk it before the election unless he suddenly shits his pants and forgets where he is for a while, which hey that could happen lol

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

lol honestly maybe the one smart thing he actually did as president

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

bebop esq posted:

oh that guy

never saw him in anything

he's the voice of the main character in the lego movies, and they're legit good imo. they manage to be actually funny without ever breaking a G rating and i respect that

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

Bearjew posted:

never give two weeks. you owe no notice whatsoever

i've worked at a few places where it was pretty awesome and i was just leaving to go try something new and i gave them notice but yeah lol. everywhere else they called me when i didn't show up and i was like "oh yeah, i'm at my new job, i quit"

i do love sharing my favorite quitting story tho. i was working at a tgi fridays (lol) and this dumbass sent her loving chicken sandwich back three times. in a restaurant that had a normal person running it that wouldn't matter, but at this one they would cut people and then just expand your section and keep seating people. so i'm loving slammed waiting on literally 1/3rd of the restaurant and everyone else is also slammed and can't give me a hand and this douchebag is sending her dumbass chicken sandwich back multiple times

anyway, i had another job at the time and was just staying there because whatever, and i went back into the kitchen and slammed the plate down on the like and said "this bitch hates her sandwich, make a new one, i don't care". the manager pulls me into the office and says "look, do you want to work here, or don't you?"

and it dawned on me in a flash of inspiration, and i said "no, i actually don't!" so i printed my report, paid them the cash i owed, and never stepped foot in there again lol

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

Real Mean Queen posted:

My buddy has a story where he's working at subway and his friend comes by to invite him to skate (new quarter pipe, big deal). So he thinks about it and decides to go, takes a couple twenties out of the register, makes a sign that says "closed due to lack of employee interest," tapes that on the door, locks up, and throws the keys on the roof

i worked at a hotel that was one of the most legit terrible jobs i've ever had, and i had the chance to lift $10K from the safe and didn't take it. i'm both proud and ashamed of myself for this

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

ex post facho posted:

I read neuromancer recently and it was fun, was thinking snow Crash might be worth a read

i'm reading neuromancer right now and i'd say if you liked it you'd most likely enjoy snow crash. they definitely have a very similar vibe, tho i will say that i think a lot of the fun of snow crash is front-loaded, but it's a pretty quick read and it's pretty prescient. or, really, it's just that the tech psychos who read it thought that all of the things that were meant to be horrible and dehumanizing sounded pretty cool and are striving to make them reality lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

Greg Legg posted:

Donald Trump has never made a casserole. But if he did and he offered some to me I'd eat it.

i legitimately wonder if Trump has ever actually cooked something with the intention of eating it

my guess is no but idk