Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Ehud posted:

I want to fire Stricklin too. He’s been here since 2016 and football and basketball are both worse than they’ve been in a long time.

He doesn’t need to pick another coach.

How Stricklin wasn't fired for the WBB scandal is beyond me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Note the location:

https://twitter.com/nocontextcfb/status/1724504155358990590

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Henchman of Santa posted:

Happy with this hire but I'm a little concerned that he's never been on a staff east of Montana.

The right assistant hires can solve this problem, e.g. Matt Rhule at Baylor

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

I can’t believe this but I’m hearing Mullen to Syracuse from people with pretty good track records on knowing stuff inside the program.

Mullen would be an excellent hire for Syracuse if they manage to pull it off

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Metapod posted:

Counterpoint he only needs to coach 3 years now to get 10 years worth of salary

Stoops was already making $9MM a year on his most recent Kentucky contract.

It's worth noting that Mark Stoops has spent most of the last 2 years complaining about Kentucky's NIL resources in football. It feels like a fine hire, though it felt like a Big Ten job or Florida/FSU would've been a more natural jump for him given his connections to Ohio and Florida, not Texas.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

The lazy option of asking Dan Mullen if he wants his old job back would be better in every dimension than this.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Azrial posted:

I don't even know what the appeal is and you have to bring step dad, why would the board agree to this.

The idea seems to be that Mississippi State is jealous of what Ole Miss has right now, and is hiring Lane's old OC to get some of that heat

The issue is that Lebby, beyond the moral and PR hazards that should disqualify him from this job, hasn't been great when outside the supervision of an offensive head coach (Heupel at UCF, Lane at Ole Miss)

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Arkansas boosters installing Petrino as OC so they can fire Pittman mid-season next year and sneak Bobby back into the HC position is so good lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Roasted Donut posted:

Spencer was great at PSU, shame it didn't work out there. Isn't Raymond supposed to be the big time recruiter on staff? How's that going to impact this coming class? I think I remember yall were bringing in a top or so class

Those guys weren't primary recruiters on any of the top recruits still committed to Florida's class, as their guys already flipped within the last month (Wardell Mack to Texas, Nasir Johnson to Georgia)