Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

I gave up my OG title for this.

Henchman of Santa posted:

Leipold is the hottest name by far. I think they should give Chris Creighton a serious look especially if they are trying to go back to the identity of the Dantonio era (overlooked recruits playing above their rating, grinding it out, playing slightly dirty). Split Zone also did a good bit on how they aren’t necessarily going to spend the way people think. It’s a misconception that Ishbia is footing the bill for everything. $71 million of Tucker’s contract was supposed to be coming from normal boosters.

Creighton was one of the guys Purdue looked at, and passed on with a bunch of back door bullshit about his age.

Which really hurt because he is exactly five days younger than me.

I think the dude can coach just fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

Komet posted:

What would Indiana have looked like the last few years if they were in the Big Ten West?

They haven't beaten Purdue since 2019. They have had some close games with Illinois and will occasionally surprise Wisconsin or Iowa, but for the most part I think it would be the same.

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

TheAlmightyFrog posted:

When I visited Rose-Hulman the Colts were using it as a practice facility. They showed us the cafeteria and the offensive line was in there taking a break. Those were some big dudes. But it did surprise me they had a football field and facilities at all.

It was way too expensive to seriously consider, but one of the selling points on the tour was that there was an all girls college not too far away to counter the male-female ratio at the school itself.

St. Mary of the Woods? Back in the 90's there were only about 300 girls there and the place was a literal convent. My girlfriend went there, no good roads between West Lafayette and there either.

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

whos that broooown posted:

Gerry Dinardo wasn't far behind.

Then there was that guy that had one of the better winning percentages in recent history that died of brain cancer.

Terry Hoeppner. Fun fact, its been 75 years since IU had a head coach with a win percentage over .500.

Their most successful coaches in the modern era all came from Miami of Ohio. John Pont took them to the Rose Bowl, Bill Mallory was good for many years and Hoeppner would have had similar success if his brain had not betrayed him.