Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

General Dog posted:

I just worry it’s money that could’ve gone to Crisis Pregnancy Centers or the school choice lobby.

The people who give money to fire Jimbo would also be giving money to finance a paramilitary to go door to door looking for women who take birth control so this is probably the best use for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

i think jimbothy owns like several square miles of texas and has several ranches. literally a nice farm with lots of room to run around

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

Maxwells Demon posted:

Didn't Jimbo pull the #1 recruiting class in 2022? Surely they thought he can keep recruiting but hate his gameplan, rigth?

Most of that class transferred away

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

Chieves posted:

Starting a Dabo to A&M rumor on the basis of nothing at all.

E: besides it being funny

this fit is way better than it has any right to be, which is why it's going to happen

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

Thermos H Christ posted:

The funniest version of this is them doing the exact same thing as last time and having it go the same way or worse.

There’s a big name, natty-winning coach who has stumbled just a little of late and is catching some heat. Say, maybe with a sufficiently ludicrous contract A&M could actually lure him away from those ingrates and offer him a fresh start with all the resources in the world... Fire up the engraving machine, fellas, we’re gonna need another blank national title plaque!

Staking out outside Dabo's house looking for a Christmas tree by the curb

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

idk man everyone just really loved that 2018 team and wants that fire again. I remember being really fond of his defenses.

i'd definitely rather have an unproven stoops type versus a stoops who has proven to be a lateral step to what we currently have

edit: also he didn't loving kill a kid so i can finally be happy about our defense again

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

https://twitter.com/skrajisnik3/status/1729591515352121361

there's no shot, right? this is the voltron of Bad Coaching

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

“College football space” cmon son

right? cramping on ucf's style

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

General Dog posted:

I feel like if we're at a point where players don't want to play in bowls (or can't because of where the transfer portal window is currently situated) and 50% of the teams are coached by weird lame-duck skeleton crew coaching staffs who already have new jobs somewhere else, it may just be time to retire bowl season as a concept. It used to be fun but now it sucks, and making it not suck would require top-down structural change that are never going to happen.

this is maybe beyond the scope of this thread but the best solution is to replace the current week 0 with the bowl games that would happen over december or whatever

I guess the downside to that is kids from iowa or whatever can't chill out in nassau or miami during christmas but /shrug