Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Looking at his overthecap page, looks like he was getting around $150m in new cash over the 4 years, so yeah probably a pretty significant raise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Looks like they cut 2 years off the contract as well so this runs through 2026.

Edit: 5 years I guess.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Important to note about Ravens@Bengals, Burrow reinjured his calf on his second to last play of the game yesterday. His last play of the game was by far his best, a TD pass to Higgins while fleeing backwards from the pass rush.

The dude is hurt, and probably hurt worse now than he was before. I'm still not buying that Burrow's calf had anything to do with the Ravens defense dominating the Bengals. He looked very much like the guy they confused and beat up on last year. Baltimore's defense did this without their #1 Corner, #1 Safety, #1 Pass rusher, and #2 pass rusher. The offense was down their Left Tackle, Center, #1 RB, and #1 WR.

If the Ravens can get healthy (Jared Lorenzen sized if) they are legit Superbowl contenders.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Mac is a walking bucket

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Nodoze posted:

I disagree with this. If you put him on Miami he'd be doing the same poo poo Tua is doing right now and everyone would be gassing him up.

Hahaha no he wouldn’t.

It’s wild that people are still pretending it’s all the supporting cast

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
The idiot in me is hoping this new Mahomes deal clears enough cap room to trade for a WR

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Pron on VHS posted:

The idiot in me is hoping this new Mahomes deal clears enough cap room to trade for a WR

Hollywood Brown almost cost the Cardinals a key loss and would give you the route running you need on intermediate routes!!!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Buckle up folks, game of the year next Sunday.

Vikings @ Chargers.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Kalli posted:

Buckle up folks, game of the year next Sunday.

Vikings @ Chargers.

It's in Minnesota and I only know this because I was looking at the schedule and had the same exact reaction as you.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
This is pretty wild. Lol NFCS (besides the Bucs :smug:)

https://twitter.com/PFF_Brad/status/1703856326676291761?s=20

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
My favorite Mahomes fun fact is that so far good shortest season(s) as a starter ended in overtime in the AFFCG. They've never ended earlier than that.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

W2 quarterbacking. Actually Mac Jones is QB1 in the 2021 class I guess??

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

T Law has been that bad? huh

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Nosre posted:

T Law has been that bad? huh

He did throw 4 TDs yesterday if he had receivers who realized they needed two feet in bounds in the NFL.

Well 3, two came on the same drive. He also just airmailed a TD to a receiver who couldn't have gone out of the back of the end zone if he wanted to so it's not like he was faultless. Chiefs pass rush was in his face all day long too.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Diva Cupcake posted:

W2 quarterbacking. Actually Mac Jones is QB1 in the 2021 class I guess??

What's the read on JLove on that chart? Is that chronic dropsies (but only on checkdowns)?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Cedric Wilson Jr to KC
Miami receives 5

Make it happen Grier

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Grittybeard posted:

He did throw 4 TDs yesterday if he had receivers who realized they needed two feet in bounds in the NFL.

Well 3, two came on the same drive. He also just airmailed a TD to a receiver who couldn't have gone out of the back of the end zone if he wanted to so it's not like he was faultless. Chiefs pass rush was in his face all day long too.

One play I saw was Ridley get jacked up by the goal post. That could've been a bad one.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Poor Zach Wilson. Here's their remaining schedule:

vs Patriots
vs Chiefs
@ Broncos
vs Eagles
@ Giants
vs Chargers
@ Raiders
@ Bills
vs Dolphins
vs Falcons
vs Texans
@ Dolphins
vs Commanders
@ Browns
@ Patriots

There's only a handful of teams on that list that I think they'll be competitive with. Most of them have defenses that are going to eat him alive. The jets might just be defeated this season.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Bip Roberts posted:

What's the read on JLove on that chart? Is that chronic dropsies (but only on checkdowns)?

I think it means that the offense is functioning at a high level based on the EPA, but that Love’s contribution is probably not particularly great? Arif tried to tackle that one…

https://twitter.com/arifhasannfl/status/1703842908065919065?s=46&t=DcBXErlGIUJUj8quAgYfkQ

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Again PFF is a subjective analysis done by a group of interns that they couldn't possibly pay with their company set up. 4 people analyzing every play of every game meaning 128 people all agreeing on the same analysis? Get the gently caress outta here.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
49ers by 30.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1703871231403921708?s=20

Edit:

Budda Baker and Diontae Johnson placed on IR so they'll be out 4 weeks.

wandler20 fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Sep 18, 2023

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Mr. Nice! posted:

Poor Zach Wilson. Here's their remaining schedule:

vs Patriots
vs Chiefs
@ Broncos
vs Eagles
@ Giants
vs Chargers
@ Raiders
@ Bills
vs Dolphins
vs Falcons
vs Texans
@ Dolphins
vs Commanders
@ Browns
@ Patriots

There's only a handful of teams on that list that I think they'll be competitive with. Most of them have defenses that are going to eat him alive. The jets might just be defeated this season.

Gonna :rubby: when Wilson & the Jets sweep the Patriots.

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

Android Apocalypse posted:

same

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Android Apocalypse posted:

I think the pats defense just destroys Wilson. Bill is gonna have him seeing ghosts. Pats will win 13-6 or something like that in a long grindy game.

Wilson will probably not be starting by the second matchup.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
RB vs. Owner battle goes on.

https://twitter.com/PFF_Brad/status/1703875645703373310?s=20

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Whatever happened to Corral anyway? Last I heard he just stopped showing up and no one heard from him.

https://twitter.com/AroundTheNFL/status/1703881357955649941?s=20

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

wandler20 posted:

Whatever happened to Corral anyway? Last I heard he just stopped showing up and no one heard from him.

https://twitter.com/AroundTheNFL/status/1703881357955649941?s=20

He just sucks OP.

I would love to know who was banging the table to trade up for him between Rhule at Fitterer during the draft, cause drat.

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

Bailey Zappe left a horse head in his bed

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Mike Lombardi had a funny malapropism on his podcast, he was taunting his cohost Femi, about justin fields and said “ OK, put the white hair on and defend your guy “

Like he had cody whitehair on the brain while searching his mind for ‘white hat’

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Dejan Bimble posted:

Mike Lombardi had a funny malapropism on his podcast, he was taunting his cohost Femi, about justin fields and said “ OK, put the white hair on and defend your guy “

Like he had cody whitehair on the brain while searching his mind for ‘white hat’

(barristers still wear white wigs in some commonwealth countries)

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
DJ moore for the chiefs #1 next year. who says no

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

https://i.imgur.com/PBWKQ92.mp4

yeesh

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

indigi posted:

(barristers still wear white wigs in some commonwealth countries)

I think Michael Lombardi would be really entertained by a guided tour through the commonwealth court system and app its peculiarities to be honest with you

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

trevorreznik posted:

no they should give him back

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

trevorreznik posted:

lol no. The problem is not talent, it's being on the same page and catching the ball. They will be fine with the seven wide receivers already on the roster.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

kiimo posted:

lol no. The problem is not talent, it's being on the same page and catching the ball. They will be fine with the seven wide receivers already on the roster.

Chiefs easily win the title with DJ + Kelce . trade value chart says its about right!!

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
DJ Moore on the Chiefs would be a problem.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Amy Pole Her posted:

I’m just getting to it now, but holy crap. Is that video of Geno Smith screaming oh my God in fear when he’s being chased down by Aaron Donald the funniest soundbite of week one? It has to be.

If I were Aaron Donald, I'd get it as my notification sound.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The Chiefs won were handed the SB last year with a worse receiving unit. Save that #1 pick for OT

edit: updated for Raiders fans

kiimo fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Sep 18, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Keep Moore, Caleb's gonna need someone to throw to.