Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
All I know is that it is basically 1st person no man's sky with theoretically infinite randomized planets and 99% of them are just empty deserts and also some people are Extremely loving Mad about the game having pronoun options and maybe not enough bugs of corpses violently vibrating through walls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Also Starfield is 70 doll hairs instead of Baldur's Gate 3 which is 60 doll hairs sorry you spent more money on a bad game that is idiot poo poo for fuckers instead of spending less money on a better game OP

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYXzSL0z8MY

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Grey Cat posted:

Choose from 3 exciting enemies, spacers, pirates, and ecliptic zealots.
They're all just humans in a space suits populating random abandoned x, y, and z's.

Did you like skyrim with it's magic and races, well then you won't like starfield. Pick from one race, human. And instead of getting cool spells you get, just the shouts from skyrim with long recharge times and 90% of them suck

Main story blows and is ridiculously predictable with only one good mission storywise that's just a star trek episode [soiler]two rikers[/spoiler] Hope you stocked up on 200,000 bullets for it.

There's some fun and interesting side quests, most of which were more exciting and unique than the main story which is... well not great. You think the main path most people will take would at least be your big seller but it's just tropey.

[soiler]two rikers[/spoiler]

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Has anybody asked Derek Smart his hot takes on Starfield

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Also don't forget if you sell any of the crap you pickup you might screw yourself out of a late game epic shotgun upgrade 20 hours later that needed exactly 3 baked bean cans only conveniently found in the first four hours and without it killing the final boss is going to be a massive slog

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

neato burrito posted:

Modern Bethesda is what happens when a bunch of Planescape Torment nerds grow up and make games. Shallow games that rely on "narrative" instead of uh interesting game mechanics.

And the narrative isn't even good :sad:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Why does Bethesda simply not make a sequel to Where's Waldo? on the NES

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Apparently there's some kind of star powers or some stupid bullshit like that? I've been reading about it but try not to spoil it for myself. But what I will say is I already feel so loving overpowered when I'm in my bipedal configuration. It's just seems like the ship on ship combat is just so stupid and annoying. And it's so loving expensive to actually get your ship to be a viable combat vessel. You literally have to steal like 15 different ships to get enough credits to then outfit your ship worthwhile and then if you upgrade it too much you'll end up loving yourself over because you'll no longer have a rate of fire that's worthwhile. You'll be able to shoot like one shot and it depletes your entire loving energy.

Literally depressing that the game sucks this bad I mean I'm out 400 loving dollars on a graphics card to play the loving thing because I experience what that other guy experienced which is the game literally crashed as soon as I got out of the bullshit mining mission thing.

Bethesda definitely hosed this one up. I mean complete and utter fumble not worth ever purchasing. I mean I am glad I got it for free and then I got the premium version also for free. It's just so stupid and sad. Like I was saying earlier it does seem like a lot of features were half baked and just not completed or ignored completely after the initial development.

Here's a few things: oxygen never runs out. Your ship will always keep you oxygenated even in the harshest environments. You can literally buy all the resources you need to get more resources but the only point of resources is to get more resources. I mean you really don't even need to research poo poo because you get overpowered so loving quickly if you do the right couple missions

You can build a bunch of outposts and poo poo but it's not like you can create spaceports or docks or buildings or anything like that literally the only point of an outpost is to make more resources. Which is really annoying like I was hoping I'd be able to make a ship out of all these resources that I was getting but nope.

Everything is based around credits. And credits are as rare as loving gold because apparently the vendors are destitute poverty at any time and have less than $100 to run their shop. I mean that's pretty insolvent in my eyes.

A vendor can buy the equivalent of 50 soda pops at any given time. That's how rich the greatest galactic empire that the universe has ever seen gets.

All the clothes are the same poo poo there's no cool stuff like you don't even have an upper and lower body in clothes it's all just one piece loving poo poo.

I don't even get to choose my pants. The game does not have pants. You thought meta quest was bad without having legs will this game doesn't even have loving pants gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress that's how I feel about this loving poo poo game.

Literally that like you can build turrets for your Outpost apparently but there's no one that's actually going to loving pirate your rear end. Like there's nobody that's actually going to do anything about your outpost on half these planets that actually have viable resources. There's no bugs there's no cool creatures there's loving nothing. If you really want the resources like uranium and hydrogen 3 and all that other crap there's nothing because there's no loving oxygen or anything. Like it's just loving stupid I feel so loving annoyed at this loving game and gently caress

People Playground is only 10 doll hairs on steam and a much more fulfilling experience than starfield OP.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

The planets are literally flatter than that picture for what I've noticed. Or you're traveling 4000 loving meters to get to some pre-built little map. Honestly it's like we're living in a multiplayer Dev sandbox. And by that I mean literally a bunch of people just build things all over the place in a galaxy and then you get to explore their creations. I mean half the poo poo does look copy pasted and the other half just looks the same. Different names same stories everything it's like you think they would develop some loving quests that had meaningful things. It's like they were completely afraid of the audience that this game is meant for which is people that really want to dig deep into the law and story and have these like super intricate quests they have to do. They just turned everything surface level and made it so you can just fast travel from one place to another. At one point I was in the middle of combat and I was able to fast travel to another planet. And I know you're not supposed to be able to fast travel in combat but I was completely stunned. Literally enemies facing me and I was able to just fast travel across the loving Galaxy and avoid the confrontation entirely. Like it was just stunning to me I just sat there going I cannot loving believe that just worked.

Also yeah the puddle thing is crazy I mean at this point I feel like I just have to straight up cheat actually enjoy the loving game. Like someone was saying just set the value trade till like 50% and you'll actually be able to buy things. I don't know the whole scaling is insane, like 100,000 credits for a ship seems so cheap. I mean it doesn't even feel cool like why the hell didn't they just add a couple more decimal positions to this whole thing. Like do you know how sweet it would be to spend 10 million loving credits on a ship like a big rear end ship? That's what I expect you know everything's super overvalued or looks over value and it gives you this excitement from having millions of credits in your loving inventory. I mean I keep thinking about Eve online when I think about this thing. The Eve online understood that things were going to be scaled in the hundreds of millions and billions and even loving trillions in the Galaxy spanning civilizations.

That's what's crazy. The scale of things. Spaceships are trivial, combat distances are over like 100 m, the credits are just worthless and very very scarce, everything in this game feels so microscopic and it's supposed to be huge. It's like they didn't have enough time to actually make intricate areas and we're almost afraid that a player would get locked into exploring one area never actually going to space. They did this so heavily that they ended up achieving what they feared which is making it so players never really need to go into space. You know everything is like a set bubble of around 5,000 to 10,000 M and no larger than that. The acceleration is mediocre, I mean 200 m/s is as fast as you can get it just seems so depressing.

Like I feel like I'm having a loving crisis of conscious cuz I'm actually able to talk about this poo poo finally and I've just been sitting here trying to enjoy it, literally this game is so small. Like it's just so tiny you could fit the entire landscape of the game probably on one planet in game. and someone's probably going to say that I haven't gone far enough in it cuz I'm only 14 or 15 hours in but I should feel like this thing is huge and broad and I just loving don't. I felt like Skyrim was huge but even then fast travel kind of made it hard because you could essentially run in a straight line to all the major towns before doing a single quest and make the game really small. Honestly I wish they just wouldn't have fast travel at all if you weren't going from system to system. I mean you can't even fly from one planet to the other in the solar system like someone above thread said. I mean that's pretty loving depressing I kept thinking to myself man it would be cool to fly to the loving Moon from Earth and it would literally take 10 hours of real life time. Because of the stupid loving acceleration, I mean if these ships could go 2 to 10,000 Ms it would be really loving cool if you could plan trajectories to get yourself into orbit around these planets and moons that would be really loving cool. Even if you had the choice not to do it. They didn't give any kind of planning of spatial stuff like that, I mean there's no lines that will point me and tell me whether or not I'm actually going in the right direction. There's no gravitational calculations that would allow you to even land at the right time.

You can't land a ship you can't orbit a planet you can't do anything. Your ship is instantly teleported into space once you get off the ground I mean it would be nice if I even have the choice or had to land at some times.

I mean it would be nice just to have one pirate planet where the entire planet is just completely rife with loving anti-aircraft guns and space defense weapons and just all the cool poo poo and you ended up having to penetrate the defenses and land down and gently caress up some pirates or some poo poo. Like none of that even exists outside of scaled, vanilla, quests.

I should be able to hire up mercenaries and go out pirating. I should be able to do heavy ship assaults Under fire you know where like you can literally go from your ship to their ship without a single cutscene or loading screen. But none of that exists the enemies can't take your ship their week as gently caress they're not going to do anything and there's only usually three guys. The ships are just too small to have anything more I would really like to be able to fight like a 50 or 60 or 100 man poo poo outside of again a scripted quest.

I'd like to be able to stealthily bordership and then take it out from the inside. But that doesn't exist either you'll just get targeted by the ship and killed because your ship has to be big enough to survive a single shot. You can't have a little small tiny poo poo that is a penetrator / boarding crew raft. You can't have multiple ships with you you can't hire mercenaries you can't loving do anything.

:yossame:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

a man dips his fingers in fetid rear end sweat and smears a line of it on my forehead.

"STARFIELD" he murmurs

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

At least Starfield is better than payday 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

kntfkr posted:

Starfield is kind of impressive when you consider that it's all the work of a single man dev team.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Lol.